Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Now Falling And Failing Is All I Know

Lacey's Point of View
================


He released me from his grip and walked into my bathroom. He came out wearing baggy jeans and a band t-shirt of a band I didn't recognize.

"I see you remembered to bring clothes," I spoke.

"What do you have for breakfast?" He asked ignoring my statement.

"We have lots of things. Cereal. Eggs. Toast. You name we most likely have it."

"I'll take some toast," he said.

"Kay," I replied getting up from my bed and heading to the kitchen to make some toast for him.

After Quinton ate, we sat on the couch and watched TV for hours.

"This is boring," he said. "There is nothing on."

"Well, we could...I don't know!" I said annoyed. How was it possible for four hundred plus channels to contain nothing but stupid sitcoms and pointless paid programs?

He looked at me then said, "I'll be back to pick you up at 7."

"Where are you going?" I asked, slightly annoyed at the fact that I would need to come up with something to do for six and a half hours alone.

"I'll be back," he repeated before kissing me once and then exiting out the front door.

Quinton's Point of View
==================


I left Lacey's house and headed for Jaden's. "Hello Mrs. Smith," I greeted as she opened the door.

She smiled before saying, "He's in his room."

"Thanks," I politely said before climbing the stairs and walking into Jaden's disorganized mess of a room. It smelled like Febreeze and Coffee, which wasn't normal.

"What have you been up to?" I asked. He was sitting, facing the wall, at his desk.

"Greg stopped by," he said turning to face me. "He even had the indecency to start smoking right here inside. I had to cover it up before my parents freaked."

I nodded. "Yeah, I paid him a visit yesterday. I felt like fucking punching him for deserting me in the parking lot."

"You should have," Jaden replied. "He certainly deserves it."

"Maybe next time I see him," I suggested. "Has Grace called at all?"

"Nope, thank God. She was really starting to aggravate me. She gets really fucking weird when it comes to you."

"Yeah," I looked down at the beige carpet.

"Did you want her to call?" He asked looking confused. "I thought you were with Lacey now. Don't tell me you're just going to dump her and go back to psycho bitch."

"I am with Lacey," I defended.

"Then what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I don't fucking know!" I yelled back. Then quietly I said, "I love her."

"Which one?"

"Both."

"Well, you can't see both of them. I won't let you. Lacey is the best thing that's ever happened to you and Grace is the worst. I can tell you love Lacey more. The way you look at her. Why would you ever think that Grace was the one for you?"

"She is the only one who understands me," I stated. "She's the only one who won't leave and the only one who could truly love me."

"Then let Lacey inside your mind for once and let her understand you. Stop being so effing stupid. You are going to end up alone if you keep pushing people away."

"I don't mean to," I replied. "I just always disappoint people. Then I have to live with knowing that I fucked up. For example, my parents want nothing to do with me."

"You don't know that for certain."

"How would you feel if your mother found out that you did drugs just only a week ago? She would be disappointed and you would know it. There is nothing you can do to make it go away because it's there forever."

"It wouldn't matter because I don't do them anymore and you should do the same. Does Lacey know you stocked up?"

"How do you know about that?"

"Greg did visit me. He tried to sell me some, but I declined. He told me you bought a shit-load though. I guess trying to stir up some competition."

"I can't stop. I've been doing this for too long."

"To me, that's not a valid excuse. If you want to stop, then stop. Stop buying it. Stop talking to Greg. You don't live anywhere, so he can't find you like he finds me."

"How do you do it?" I asked truly curious.

"It's like hell, but I know it's for the better. Eventually I will be glad I stopped, but right now I feel like shit. I haven't been high in a week and it's certainly not enjoyable."

I sighed. "I have no intentions of stopping completely. Cutting back seems perfectly acceptable to me."

"Well that's a start. It's better then doing nothing."

I sat down on his bed. "Yes, but how do I do that?"

Jaden chuckled before saying, "You're going to have to figure that out."

Lacey's Point Of View
===================


I was completely and utterly bored out of my mind. I didn't usually cuss, but I felt like saying, "Fuck this boredom!" But I resisted the urge. I even resisted the urge to cuss out Quinton for being responsible for leaving me with this boredom.

He walked up to the door at six. "You're early," I stated.

"You look angry. What did I do this time?" He asked. "I wasn't even here, but apparently I have done something."

"You left me with nothing to do for six hours. What the fuck." Ok so the resistance I had earlier had faded and I slipped up.

He laughed and not just a simple ha ha laugh it was full on ROFL laughter. "I have never heard you say that before. It's like watching a kitten say Fuck."

"I am not a kitten," I defended. He laughed even harder.

"Ok, I appear innocent, but I'm not," I spoke trying to come up with a good excuse.

"Oh really?" He asked playfully.

"Yeah, I slept with you didn't I?"

"That is true, but you haven't done nearly as much as I have."

"No one has done as much as you," I mumbled, but he still seemed to hear me.

He smirked and pulled me closer to him by putting his arms around my waist. He moved me so that my back was against the wall near the door and began to tickle me. "Stop, stop, stop!" I pleaded between giggles.

"Take it back," he demanded.

Unfortunately I wasn't in any position to get out, so I had to do as he commanded. "Fine, fine! I take it back," I said while trying to catch my breath.

He stopped tickling me and instead of releasing me he leaned down and kissed me gently on my lips. "I love you," he said before walking off to sit on the couch in the living room.

"I love you too," I replied as I entered after him. "So what did you do while you were gone?" I asked.

"I talked to Jaden," he replied as I sat down beside him. He looked around the room, everywhere, but at me. "I have to tell you something," he spoke a minute later.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update! This would've been out sooner, but I had writers block for awhile. But now I'm good. =]
Comments make me happy, so brighten my day!

What do you think will happen next? Duh duh dun!
I've already written it, so i know. I'll try to finish the next chapter tomorrow unless writters block hits me again. The chance is high, but I'll fight it off. >=/ <--This is a determined smiley.

(Just so you know, I just ate chocolate cake not too long ago and it's almost one in the morning, so I'm being kind of weird. Proof of this is above.)