Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Stay Seventeen The Party Scene

Lacey's point of View
==================[size]

"You remember everything I told you about Grace, right?" I nodded. "You see, we've been dating for a long time. And when I met you I was still dating her technically. She's really stubborn, so instead of just breaking up with her I told her I wanted a break."

"And?" I asked confused at what he was getting at.

"And I sort of can't break up with her for real. I've tried. I just can't do it."

"Why not?"

"Because I love her. Not in a good way. She is the reason I am a homeless drug addict, and that's a significant part of my life. For some reason I can't cut it out. Just yesterday I bought enough weed to last me a year. I didn't want you to know, but you should know. You should know what you are getting yourself into. But remember this: I will always love you more."

"So what you're saying is, you want to break up with Grace, but you can't because you love her, but you love me more, so you want to break up with her, right? It's like a circle. A stupid circle."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," he said looking towards the ground.

"Don't be. It's not your fault. In time you will figure things out, but for now what is going to happen to us?"

"Nothing," he said quickly as if the thought alone was too painful to bear.

"Ok, so...I'm confused. Why are you telling me this then?" I asked.

"I thought you should know," he replied looking at me.

"That's the first time you've willingly told me something without me bothering you about it."

"Yeah, are you mad?" He asked.

"No, why would I be? You told me the truth before I found out by someone else. That's the best thing anyone could do. Plus, I don't care that you love Grace because you love me more," I smiled. "And surprisingly enough, I trust you won't hurt me."

He put his hand underneath my chin and brought my face up to his. "You are wonderful," he said before kissing me. "You are so understanding. Anyone else would have given up, but you...you are different."

"Thanks," I replied guessing that last bit was a complement. "When are we leaving for our date?" I asked.

"Now," he answered. He stood up and began walking to the door. I followed behind him. He held the door open motioning for me to exit my house first.

"Thank you," I spoke as I passed him and walked to his car that was parked out front. I got into the passenger side and buckled my seat belt. I looked around.

It was certainly cleaner than I was expecting and it smelled like leather. Everything was black except for the shifter which was chrome. "Nice car," I whispered as he slid into the driver's seat.

"Did you forget what it looked like inside?" He asked. "I mean you've already ridden in it once."

"Yeah, I know. I just didn't really look around before. I don't usually pay attention to my surroundings."

"Someone could be robbing a bank and you wouldn't notice," he remarked.

"Probably not. Well, at least not until the alarms would go off," I laughed at myself.

"You certainly are something."

"Where are we going?" I asked as he zoomed past a stop sign.

"There is a party tonight and we are invited."

"Who's party is it?" I asked. He was being very vague again and like usual I would have to force the answer out of him.

"Stacey Travers," he replied.

"I would have never pegged her for the party type," I stated.

"You would be surprised at who shows up to these things."

"Yeah...are you going to do anything illegal at this party?" I questioned.

"It depends," he replied vaguely.

"On what?"

"On if you will be mad at me," he answered.

"Surprisingly I won't."

"Then there is a high possibility that you will be driving home tonight."

"Just don't go too crazy," I admonished.

We pulled up to a house with cars parked haphazardly around and in the front yard. The lights were all on and rock music was blaring through the walls.

"Don't the neighbors complain?" I asked. I had never been to a real party before, so I didn't know what when on.

"They will eventually. Usually around midnight, but until then we will have fun."

He took my hand and we walked up to the door. He didn't even pause to knock, just walked right in.

There were certainly more people here than I had thought. Bodies were packed tightly together dancing and drinking. Trash littered the floor, but no one seemed to care--or they were too drunk to care.

I smelled smoke and booze, not a great combination. No one else seemed bothered by it though. Couples were making out on any surface available, some very close to having sex in public.

I guess to fully appreciate parties one would have to be drunk.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Quinton asked having to yell over the din.

"Not right now," I yelled back.

"Ok well I'll be back." He left towards what I thought was the kitchen.

I decided to see what else these parties had to offer, so I began to push my way through grinding teens.

"Hey beautiful," some strange boy said moving into my path.

"Who are you?" I asked never seeing him before. He was tall, but not as tall as Quinton. He was certainly very lean with some arm muscles protruding from his shirt. He had short blond hair and brown eyes. In his hand was a clear plastic cup filled with some type of clear alcohol, and from the looks of it, this wasn't his first one of the night.

"Tanner," he replied. "I just moved here from Florida."

"That's cool."

"Not really. It's hot as hell there all the time. Nothing to do but swim and ride roller coasters."

I laughed as Quinton came up behind me. He put his arm around my shoulder letting Tanner know to back off. "Quinton, this is Tanner," I said introducing them and trying to make the situation friendly. "Will you be going to the high school here?" I asked turning my attention back to Tanner.

"Yes and I will be looking forward to becoming great friends and talking with you when I'm not drunk as fuck. I best be off. See you around..."

"Lacey," I finished for him.

"Bye Lacey," he said before leaving me and Quinton.

"What was that?" Quinton asked jealous.

"I was meeting someone new. Chill. I have no intentions of leaving you tonight." I smiled up at him. "So did you get something to drink?" I asked.

"Yeah, nothing fancy, just some Vodka." He held up a plastic cup.

"How many more felonies do you plan on breaking tonight?" I asked jokingly.

"At least three," he replied kissing my forehead. We walked around until we found an empty reclining chair. Since there wasn't enough room for us to each have our own spot, he sat down first and I sat across his lap--I was not complaining one bit about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me happy! =]

Enjoy this lovely update.
I'm excited because now there are 27 subscribers! Whoo hoo!
This is exciting.

New character! What do you think of him? I've got plans for him later, but for now there's a party.

I don't know when I'll update next...I'm shooting for tomorrow, but I don't know if that will happen. I am determined! And so is this smiley: >=/