Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Want To Cleanse Your Veins

By the time I arrived to my house, Quinton was passed out.

How was I going to get him inside? I walked around to the passenger side and opened the door. I nudged him slightly hoping he would wake up. But I wasn't that lucky. I pulled out my cell phone and looked through my contacts, wondering if anyone could be of any assistance at midnight.

Then it came to me.

I ran inside and rifled through the kitchen drawer beside the sink. It was where we kept important things, like business cards.

Once I found Jaden's dad's card, I dialed the emergency number that was listed, knowing it was their house phone. It rang once and then a guy, Mr. Smith, answered.

"Hello?" He asked sleepily.

"Um, hi sir. This is Lacey Abernathy. Sorry to call so late, but I was wondering if I could talk to Jaden?"

"Oh Lacey. Yes you can talk to him. I hope every things been fine." In the background I heard him call, "Jaden phone's for you."

"Yes it has," I replied.

"That's good. Here he is now." Mr. Smith passed the phone to Jaden. "Hello?" He asked.

"It's Lacey. I need a favor. Can you come to my house as soon as you can?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there soon." He hung up the phone. Does no one say bye anymore? I thought to myself.

I sat on my porch and waited until Jaden pulled up in his VW Jetta. "What is it?" he asked walking up to me. His dark brown hair fell into his face slightly causing his brown eyes to be blocked. He flipped his hair out of his face.

"I need you to help me get Quinton inside," I told him pointing in the direction of his car.

Jaden laughed before replying, "No problem."

He managed to get Quinton inside and laid him on the couch.

"Thanks," I said.

"Don't worry about it. This isn't the first time he has passed out from drinking and smoking."

"That worries me. I wish he would stop."

"Yeah, so do I, but what can you do? If you yell, he won't listen, but he might listen to you. He loves you," Jaden stated.

"Yeah, well he loves Grace too," I replied.

"It's pretty fucked up, isn't it? He won't break up with her even though he claims she's ruined his life. Though technically they are on a break." As he spoke, he put air quotes around break. "What does that even mean?" He added.

"I'm not so sure either." I sighed.

"You seem like a cool person Lacey."

"Is that your way of asking if we can be friends?" I giggled.

"Yeah, it is," he smiled.

"I know nothing about you though. Friends are supposed to know something about each other."

"I know you are dating my best friend," he replied smiling.

"That doesn't count," I stated.

"Hmm...well I'm a Virgo, I only eat red meat, I used to do drugs, I have a girlfriend, who I never get to see, and I enjoy watching MTV."

"Why don't you get to see your girlfriend?" I asked.

"She never went to our school. She used to go to a private school, but now she lives forty miles away. We talk on the phone everyday, but it's not the same. I think I'm going to break up with her."

"That's sad. What do you watch on MTV?" I never would have guessed he watched any type of reality show, but I guess looks were deceiving.

"Everything basically."

"That's crazy. I don't watch TV," I stated.

"Now that's crazy. I can't believe you don't watch TV. What do you do when your home?"

"Nothing," I replied truthfully. "I'm almost always bored."

"I need to introduce you to some shows," he shook his head in disbelief. He looked at the clock on the stove. "I should probably get back home." He headed towards the door, that was only three yards away. "I'm just warning you now, he probably won't wake up until noon, and when he does he won't be too friendly."

I smiled at him. "Ok. See you around new friend."

He returned my smile and walked out the door saying bye as he exited. I locked the door and went into my room, not even bothering to change into pajamas. I was too tired, and the second my head hit the pillow, I was sound asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me happy! =]

Sorry this update is rather short.