Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

A Question Asked In Order

Lacey's Point of View
================


I walked out of my room just as someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it," I called out as I walked straight to the door and opened it revealing Quinton standing there.

"Hey," I smiled.

He smiled back but didn't say anything. Instead he pulled me outside, so my parents couldn't see us, and kissed me. He let me go and entered my house.

"Hello Quinton," my mother said as she walked towards us.

"Something smells great," he added trying to charm her.

She smiled. She never usually got compliments for her cooking. I wasn't too fond of it and neither was my father, but we never complained and to be honest, all I could smell was burnt meat.

"It's roast beef," she replied. "I never get the chance to make it, so I decided since tonight was special I might as well make something nice. Please have a seat." She motioned for him to sit down on the couch and he did so. I followed suit and sat next to him. "Your father will be out shortly. He just had to freshen up a bit," she spoke to me.

I just feigned a smile to her as she left back for the kitchen. She was trying to be a good hostess, and I gave her points for that, but I knew something bad would happen tonight. I had envisioned two different scenarios for it.

The first would be my father finding out about me and Quinton's "sleep overs," and the second would be my mother giving us all food poisoning.

And if those didn't happen then the world must be coming to an end because in all my years of living, there has yet to be a dinner for a guest that hasn't ended badly.

"You look tense," Quinton pointed out putting his arm around me.

"Yeah, well you have no idea what is coming," I whispered. "You should have taken my offer about having sex earlier."

He laughed. "You really think I don't want to do it with you?"

I shrugged. I never knew what he was thinking and he was so difficult to read.

"Ace, if your parents weren't waiting to meet me, I would do whatever you wanted," he replied.

"The offer still stands," I replied.

"Hello Quinton," my father said as he walked into the living room wearing one of his nicer suits.

"Hello sir," Quinton replied standing up to shake my father's hand.

"You're very polite for a teenage boy," my father responded.

He just shrugged. "My mom taught me to always be polite to authority figures and girls."

"You don't see that these days. Rude boys just run through out the town, yelling explicits, and getting hopped up on who knows what." My father sat down in the chair that was next to the couch.

I could tell Quinton was having a hard time trying not to laugh, seeing as my dad had just described the boy that sat next to me without realizing it.

"So tell me about yourself," my father stated. "What do you do for fun?"

"I usually hang out with my friends. That's it."

"Nothing else? No music? Please tell me you don't listen to that screaming racket Lacey listens to sometimes." I rolled my eyes at my father.

"I don't have preferences. I'll listen to anything really," Quinton responded.

My father nodded. "Do you have any plans of harming my daughter?" He asked bluntly.

Oh no, I thought. Here it comes. The I'll kill you if you hurt my only daughter speech...

"No, sir. I wouldn't think of it. The only way she'll get rid of me is if she tells me to leave."

"Are you sure you've never heard of Twilight before?" I asked Quinton.

He looked at me confused. "I don't know what that is, but you keep mentioning it."

"That's because you keep saying stuff from it!" I exclaimed.

"I don't do it on purpose," he responded.

My father looked between me and Quinton. "Don't tell me your talking about that vampire book."

"It's a book about vampires?" Quinton looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Just drop the subject," I stated.

"You think I'm a vampire?" Quinton pressed.

"No, I never said you were."

"But you did ask me if I was one," he replied.

"I never thought you were one, I was just making sure you knew you weren't a vampire."

"Oh because that's something about myself I wouldn't know," he smirked.

"Shut up," I replied crossing my arms. "Offer taken back," I mumbled so that only he could hear.

He laughed.

"Dinner's ready," my mother called from the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I feel accomplished because 1) helpful people helped me find out what a wall of death was [I don't recommend doing one of those] and 2) I have sucessfully made it to chapter 31! I never thought I'd get this far. =]

Soooo, here's an update! Yay!

Comments make me happy! They also motivate me. Thanks to all of you who have commented so far. I would list you all, but that seems like a lot...well, what the hell?

Here are all the people who have contributed input for my story:
soccrkix317
Sj Peltier
OMGzgirl
purplebull
XlooseXyourselfX
izzylizzy95
VenusInArms
fadedmelodyxo
BrendonUrieHasBigLips
EverRose
HayleighNicole
SpinningInCircles

This is one big shout out for you all!

And anyone else who comments will get a shout out for their awesomeness. Enjoy! =]