Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Just Don't Know How To Win

Lacey's Point of View
================


We walked side by side down the hall. Quinton was an inch from me, yet neither of us gave in. No touching from here on out until someone caved. And it wouldn't be me.

Sure my morals had slightly faltered, but I was back on track now. I wouldn't give in to him.

I hoped.

We passed several couples making out, and I felt a longing to be one of those people who were lucky enough to have a boyfriend to flaunt around the school.

But no. I wouldn't give in. I couldn't.

He was a guy and surely he will give up first. He had to...

We arrived at the door to Pre-Calculus. I stood facing him, my back to the door.

"So, I guess I'll see you in English," Quinton stated.

"Yeah," I replied, not sure what to do. This was usually when couples parted ways by kissing or hugging or saying something meaningful/witty/cute. Sometimes even a combination of all three, but I couldn't touch him, and my brain was incapable of thinking up something to say. Soon I found myself standing there awkwardly looking at the boy who had made me fall hard for him.

"Bye," he said before walking off.

I sighed before turning and walking into the room. I made my way to the seat beside Ashleigh.

"What took you so long?" She asked annoyed by my absence.

"Sorry I was just walking slow," I replied pulling out some paper.

"You've changed," Ash stated scribbling something down on her paper.

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm not little Miss Goody Two Shoes anymore!" I snapped. "You've been on my case ever since you found out about me and Quinton. Just chill. Ok? You're being a bitch."

"Oh, I'm the bitch? At least I don't sleep with my boyfriend five days after we meet!" She yelled.

Everyone was now looking at the scene that was unfolding. Twenty pairs of eyes watching and uncovering my secret. This would certainly spread around the school. So since I would now be known as easy, I might as well thrown one final blow. "Well at least I have a boyfriend to sleep with!" I yelled back. "How long have you been single?"

Ashleigh looked down at her desk before turning to me with hatred in her eyes. "I never want to talk to you again." She gathered up her things and moved to the other side of the room.

"Same here," I called back to her.

And that's how I lost my best friend.

The teacher just walked in, oblivious to what had just unfolded. "Open your books and begin to take notes," he commanded. I guess he was too lazy to actually teach us today.

I followed his instructions and began to work. I felt eyes glancing at me every so often. Probably wondering if everything that had been said was true.

After ten minutes of this, a familiar long haired girl walked in. Elicia.

"Hey chick," she said as she sat in Ashleigh's ex-seat. Her black hair flowed over the back of the seat.

"Hi Elicia," I replied. "I didn't know you went to this school."

"I don't...Well, I didn't used to. I transfered here to finish up my senior year."

"Oh, did you move?" I asked looking up from my text book.

"No, not really."

"Why would you willingly want to go here?" I asked confused. I hated this school. It was a horrible place.

"Um...I'm here because Quinton asked me," she revealed.

"Why would he ask you to come here?"

"He said he missed talking to me and something about Jaden going through a tough breakup." She shrugged her shoulders as she began to work on the assignment.

"So Jaden broke up with his girlfriend?" I asked remembering him saying he was going to.

"She broke up with him," Elicia replied.

"Really? He told me he was going to end things with her," I said shocked.

"Yeah, well she beat him to it. It's tearing him apart. It's also why he's not here today."

"I don't usually see him at school," I stated. "But that's horrible."

"Well, I guess it's horrible depending on how you look at it. I think he's better off without her, to be honest. She was a bitch."

"I think we will be good friends," I stated.

"Me too, and I don't say that often. You're probably my first non-drug friend. I know Jaden quit and all, but he used to do them so I don't count it. It's like you're a drug virgin."

I laughed. "Yeah, that's me."

She smiled. "We will certainly get along just fine. So how are you and Quin?"

"Um...Good, I guess. We've got this stupid bet going on."

"What's it about?" She asked curiously.

"Whoever touches the other first loses," I stated feeling embarrassed.

Elicia laughed loudly causing some kids to stare. "That's brilliant! You have to win," she stated.

"Yes, but I don't know how to do that. He seems very committed to winning also."

"He'll break." She paused. "Or he'll find someone else, but he really likes you. So I doubt it'll end that way. You just have to make him want you more than he already does. Basically to the point where he has to have you."

"I don't think I can do that."

"Of course not. That's why I'm here. We'll start tomorrow...If you can last that long," she smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I don't have much to say. This story has gotten more popular than I ever thought it would be and I don't think it's written that well. I've been meaning to go back through the other chapters and un-rush them. I'll do it eventually. But just know this wouldn't be possible without you. The readers and subscribers. The ones who enjoy reading this.
Ok, well maybe I had a lot to say. lol.

And I've been thinking. I've come to the decision of making a sequel to this. Well, I decided a while ago, but I'm just now announcing it. But that's a long ways away. This story is no where near finished.

Comments make me happy! =]