Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Screams Of Lust We Cry

Lacey's Point of View
================


I turned back to the assignment. This could only end badly. Maybe my pessimism was getting the best of me, but nothing ever went as I planned.

The bell rang and I gathered my things and shoved them into my back pack.

"Where are you going next?" Elicia asked popping up beside me as I made my way to my next class.

"English," I replied. "What about you?"

"The same," she said stopping suddenly. I stopped too and turned to face her. "Which teacher do you have?" She raced out.

"Mrs. Andrews." I looked at her like she was crazy for making such a big scene.

"That's cool," she replied, continuing to walk. I stood there confused for a second before following after her.

"I have Mr. Roberts. So I'll see you later," she replied speeding off around the corner. Something was up with her, but I didn't know what it was.

Elicia's Point of View
================


I couldn't believe my eyes.

Maybe it was my imagination, but I was certain that I had seen Quinton walking with a red haired bitch named Grace.

I was glad Lacey didn't notice. She was certainly oblivious to important things like this. But I didn't want her to suddenly become observant and see something that would break her heart.

So I did the one thing that would protect her. I distracted her long enough for Quin to disappear.

Surely I wouldn't let him get away with this. I was going to give him hell for it too.

I left Lacey and ran off after the ass whole. I turned the corner and found him leaning against the wall several feet away. A girl, who I had thought was Grace, was chatting away about something.

He certainly looked bored.

The girl was something most guys found desirable. Thin with a huge chest. Long red hair with clothes that could hardly be classified as school appropriate.

"Hey Quin," I called to him.

He glanced at me, pleading with his eyes to save him from this wannabe playboy bunny.

"Slut, leave," I said pushing her away. She just stared at me, shock crossing her face. "He's taken. Go away. He doesn't need your STD's."

"You are going to wish--" She began, but I quickly cut her off.

"You better not finish that sentence," I replied glaring at her.

"Ugh!" She walked off, her hair swishing behind her.

"Thanks," he replied. "She wouldn't leave me alone, and she kept following me."

"Sure," I sighed. "Oh by the way, let Lacey win your stupid little bet."

"No," he replied. "I'm not going to let her win."

"Ok then."

"That's it? No persuasion?" He asked confused.

"Well, maybe I've changed," I responded. "Some people actually grow up."

"People don't change. I know that better than anyone." He pushed his long hair out of his face.

"Yes, but that's because you've never tried to change. You say you will, but don't follow through. You've always been that way."

He shook his head. "You need to stop saying everything that's on your mind," he stated.

"Why? Because I'm right?" I walked away from him and off to my class.

"Maybe," he called out after me.

I smiled a little before entering my class. I was always right when it dealt with Quinton.

Lacey's Point of View
================


After Elicia ran off, I walked into my English class. I sat down in my usual spot, when a familiar boy walked in.

Tanner.

"Hello," he said to Mrs. Andrews. She smiled at the new student. He wore clothes that could only come from American Eagle, and to be honest, he looked as if he could be the one of their models.

"Welcome," she said.

Then I noticed the extra seat that had been placed next to mine. How could I have missed it? It was sitting here in plain sight. Then I realized that I was completely oblivious. Sadly, I didn't realize it until just now.

"You may sit next to Lacey," Mrs. Andrews pointed to me.

Great, I thought. This certainly wouldn't go well.

"Hello beautiful," he said to me as he slid into his seat.

His scent hit me like an eighteen wheel truck. It was a musk smell, that was actually pleasant to sniff. His hair was styled into a just-woke-up look and he wasn't that bad looking.

"I have a name, and it's Lacey," I replied annoyed already. I wouldn't let his good looks get the best of me.

He just smirked.

Quinton walked in finally. Mrs. Andrews, who usually greeted everyone, ignored his presence. To her, he was nothing more than the bad kid, who didn't deserve her sympathy. He sat in front of me as usual.

"Hi," he said as he turned to face me.

I smiled before saying," Hey. How was your second period?"

"Boring as usual," he replied. "And you?"

"Me and Ashleigh aren't friends anymore," I stated calmly.

"What?! She's your best friend. What happened?"

"She didn't approve of what I was doing, so she yelled at me, and I yelled back. And she didn't like what she heard. So she just told me she never wanted to talk to me again. End of story."

"That sounds horrible," Tanner chimed in. Leaning closer, so he could be involved with our conversation.

"Not really. This was bound to happen someday," I said.

"It's my fault," Quinton stated.

"No, it isn't. It's mine. I offended her." I shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't going to let this ruin my day.

"I heard you called Ashleigh a whore without a boyfriend," Tanner said relaying the gossip that had surely gotten around to a good amount of people by now.

"No, I didn't." I defended.

"Would you like to clarify the argument for me then?" He asked.

"No," I replied. "You don't need to know. It's just between me and Ashleigh."

"That bad, huh," Tanner said raising his eyebrows.

"No, I just told her the fact that she had been single for a while, and at least I had a boyfriend."

"When did she have a boyfriend last?" Tanner asked intrigued by this drama.

I looked at Quinton before saying, "Quinton was her first and last boyfriend."

"Ooh, this is getting juicy. Two besties that share more than shopping together," Tanner replied mimicking a girl voice.

I just rolled my eyes at him before looking at Quinton. He looked as if he felt responsible for her lack of dating. It wasn't his fault, she just had high standards that no living male could meet.

"Ok everyone, we've got a new student and lots to cover today," Mrs. Andrews stated cheerily. "Let's get to work!"
♠ ♠ ♠
It feels like forever since I last updated! Sorry about that. I've just gotten quite busy.

I didn't know what to call this chapter, so I just took the song that I have playing now and used it. Ha ha. =D

Anyways comments make me happy! =]
Keep being awesome!