Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Walmart

Lacey's point of view
=================


Quinton drove out of the student parking lot. I was surprised that we hadn't been stopped by faculty. But then again I shouldn't be surprised since Quinton frequently snuck out of school to smoke with out getting in trouble.

I knew I would be in big trouble when I got home today, but I no longer cared. I was already grounded forever. What else could happen to me?

The clouds flew by quickly as Quinton drove away from the school. I wasn't sure where we were going, but I didn't care. I was freed from my prison.

I felt liberated.

Quinton glanced at me and smiled. "You look happy," he smirked.

"Of course I am!" I exclaimed. "I am not in school and I get to be with you."

"So what should we do first?" He asked.

"Hmm...I told you earlier to surprise me."

"I was just making sure the offer still stood," He replied smirking. "I know how sometimes you tend to take offers back." I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Let's go see a movie," he stated.

"But you are banned from the theatre," I responded not sure how this plan would work.

"Yes, but you aren't," he replied.

Sneaking Quinton into the theatre was easier than I though it would be. I paid for both our tickets while he stood in a corner with a black jacket on. He put the hood up so that no one could tell who it was.

I walked up to him laughing, "That's not suspicious at all."

"I'll pay you back for the tickets later," he said ignoring my statement and pulling out his wallet revealing it was empty.

"You are going to need a job my friend," I stated.

"I hope you consider me more than just a friend," he smirked. I could tell his thoughts went to last night.

I just rolled my eyes and smile once more.

We went into the theatre and found seats near the back. To be honest, I didn't know what movie we were watching. The theatre was empty besides us and a couple down at the front, so we could talk without being yelled at. So I decided to take this opportunity to get to know more about Quinton.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked when the opening credits appeared.

"Green," he replied and from the dim light of the screen I could see him smirking. "Yours?"

"Purple," I responded. "What's your favorite music?"

"Rock," he replied.

"Same here," I responded. We went on asking each other questions for the whole movie. By the end credits I knew every small detail of Quinton's likes and dislikes. I finally knew him and I was more attracted to him now then I was before--if that were possible.

We walked out of the theatre and got into his car. "Where now?" He asked.

"Hmm..."I thought thinking of what else we could do. "I'm sort of getting hungry now. So let's get something to eat?"

"Ok...where?" He asked looking nervous because he probably thought I would pick some expensive place to eat at.

"Let's go to Walmart!" I replied giddily.

He looked at me like I was crazy, but began to drive in the direction of the store. "Why Walmart?" He asked a minute later.

"Because they have rollback prices no one can beat," I stated as if it was obvious.

He glanced at me and shook his head smirking. "You are a strange girl."

I smiled at him.

We arrived at Walmart ten minutes later and Quinton parked very far away from the entrance, so we had to basically hike all the way up to the store.

"Why did you park so far away?" I asked curious.

"I didn't want anyone to mess with my car," he admitted.

"You are such a guy," I replied smiling at him.

He smirked back at me. "I just care about my things since I don't have many."

I just rolled my eyes and laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again...Soooooo sorry! I can't update quickly anymore. Updates will probably come once every two weeks.

Comments make me happy. =]