Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Surpise In Aisle 5

Lacey's Point of view
==================


We walked in through the garden section. It was filled with a variety of flowers and other plants.

"Ooh pretty," I said walking over to a blue rose. I had never seen a blue rose before, so I found this one absolutely beautiful.

Quinton just shook his head before picking it up.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I am buying it for you," he said.

"But you don't have any money. How can you afford it? And I don't really need it, so just put it back."

"I can see in your eyes that you want this flower and there is an ATM inside, so I'll just take some money from my parent's bank account."

I sighed. "I'm going to help you find a job, ok?" I felt guilty for him buying me things I didn't need, so I would help him find a way to earn money.

He just chuckled. We continued walking and we were now in the toy section. "Wait here, I'm going to get a cart," He said.

I nodded and began to look at the dolls. I remembered when I was a little girl, I would always want to take them all home. I laughed a little from the memory. Now I thought they were silly objects. I never realized how much I had grown up in the past ten years.

As I looked at the dolls, a little girl with familiar bright blue eyes ran up to me. "Have you seen my mommy?" She asked me, a tear in her eyes. She was fair skinned with dark hair. She was wearing a cute little pink plaid dress. She looked about 9 or 10 years old.

"What does she look like sweetie?" I asked feeling bad for the poor girl.

"She looks like my mommy," she replied.

I bit my lip trying to keep laughter and irritation from rising. She was so young, she couldn't help being adorable.

I heard a cart being pushed behind me and I knew Quinton had returned.

"What are you--" he began before stopping.

I turned to look at him. He stood there shocked and hurt. Then I realized why this little girl looked so familiar.

"Quiny!" She squeaked. "I can't find mommy!" She hurled herself at him, hugging his legs tightly.

He stroked her hair gently trying to calm her down. I just stood there watching him console his sister.

"It's ok Keirst," he said picking her up and walking a little closer to me, "Keirst, this is Lacey."

Keirstin rubbed the tears out of her eyes before saying, "Hi Lacey."

"Hi," I smiled at her.

"Mouse, what should Lacey call you?" He looked down at his sister.

"Mouse?" I asked.

"She has several nicknames," he chuckled. Keirstin whispered something into his ear. "Are you sure?" She nodded her head. "Ok then. Lacey this is Keirstin."

"I am honored to be able to call you by your first name," I replied.

Keirstin smiled, "Quiny likes you, and so do I."

"Skylar!" I heard someone yelling from a few aisles down.

"Come on Mouse, let's go give you back to mom," he stated. "Ace, can you push the cart for now?"

"Yep," I replied following after him with the cart.

"I found her," Quinton called as we approached where their mother was yelling from.

"Oh thank you very much," she called from an aisle. I could hear her running over to us and stopping quickly once she rounded the corner and found Quinton standing there.

"Hi mom," he said forcing the words out.

"Quinton? It's really you." She walked a little closer. "How are you dear?" She asked.

"You really want to know? I've been terrible! I have no where to live and I have no money! I am completely on my own with no help from you!" He yelled at her.

"Quinton," I touched his arm trying to calm him down now.

"Who's this? You're newest slut?" His mother responded.

"This has nothing to do with her!" He defended. "You left me for dead! You didn't care about me at all and you still don't!"

"That's not true! Did you think we didn't know about you withdrawing money from our account? We even call Jaden's mother periodically to make sure you aren't starving and on the streets."

"Mommy and Quiny, please stop fighting!" Keirst yelled. "Let's invite them to my party mommy! I miss Quiny!"

"Sky please stop, Quinton probably has plans. So just drop it."

"We would love to go to your party Keirstin," I said trying to fix things. I know I shouldn't meddle, but I couldn't stand all this fighting.

"Yay!" Keirst exclaimed. Their mother looked at me with an angry expression.

"Mrs. Ackerman, you don't know me and I'm not anything you would expect. I'm not into the things you think I am," I stated trying to plead my case.

"Really?" She glanced at Quinton.

He nodded confirming my statement. "She is good for me," he added.

"Hmm...well it's about time you found someone like her," his mother replied. "The party is tomorrow night at five. Be there if you want."

Keirst ran and gave Quinton a hug. "You'll be there?" She asked.

"Of course," he replied.

She turned to me, "It was nice to meet you Lacey. I hope I see you tomorrow."

"Nice to meet you too Keirstin. I will definitely try to make it to your party."

She smiled before trotting off after her mother.

I sighed.

"How are you going to go to the party if you are grounded?" Quinton asked.

"I was hoping you had an answer for that," I replied.

We continued to walk until we reached the food section.

"I can't go back there," he stated pushing his jet black hair out of his eyes.

"Why not? She's your sister. They are your parents. Of course you want to go back. You are afraid of what will happen. You still do the things they hate, so you don't want to disappoint them more."

He just looked at the ground. "Let's just drop the subject for now please," he stated and I obliged. I was diggeing into feelings he didn't want to reveal to me just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you all for reading this! <33
=D
Comments make me happy!
I try very hard to update for you, but I feel like I could try harder. So starting next week (not this week because I have SATs to worry about) I will try harder to update for you all because you all rock!