Status: The series is under a mass rewrite... this story will probably be discontinued, but the rewrite will be so much better <3 stay tuned.

How Could Happily Ever After Be a Myth?

Peace In Death!

Kegan

It had been a little over six months since my life fell apart, but I felt so complete that night with her. That night with Maddie. All the memories of our wedding flooded my mind as I began to think of her, but I pushed them aside. What was the use of being happy when she could up and leave again, just like the rest of them?

I couldn’t blame myself for everyone leaving because Lydia and T.J didn’t have a choice, but I could not know for sure if the people who left alive were chased away by Maddie or if they had to go. I wanted deep down in my heart to believe that they had to go, because I did love Maddie. I would always love her, but I was afraid. Afraid of loosing something else once again.

Pressure and condescending thoughts are a vampire’s worst nightmare. I sighed loudly as I flipped through the morning paper. That was the good thing about Maddie being a vampire, she had finally learned to sleep in, and let me have the peace of the morning.

I stopped for a moment and glanced towards the clock. Morning? It was almost noon. I put down my cup and inhaled the fragrant scents of the air. Ever since that stupid incident, my senses hadn’t been quiet up to standards. I still don’t know why I was stupid enough to try to become human.

I heard the phone ring, but I chose to ignore it. I continued to look around the kitchen as if Maddie would pop out of a cabinet. “Kegan,” she shouted.

“Where are you,” I spoke plainly as if she were standing next to me.

“I’m in the hall come here,” she shouted once again. I cringed at her loudness, but I had to get used to it I guess.

“What,” I asked as I entered the hall. She was standing there fluidly, looking like a goddess. I resented her new abilities, but Zora was working on a way to fix mine.

“Guess who is coming home,” she squealed.

“Could you say it more quietly please, my head is killing me,” I retorted as I leaned against the door frame.

“Leo is coming,” she stated bluntly as she started to dance around the room. It was one of the many times that she surprised herself by not tripping over her own feet and falling over.

“When shall we expect him,” I questioned.

“Um, it’s them, and tomorrow at noon,” she answered sadly as she stopped dancing. Her head dropped as she realized what he had said for the first time. “He’s bringing that girl with him!”

“Great, I’m going to go run and talk to Zora about some things alright,” I stated quickly as I rushed out of the door.

I didn’t bother holding up the human image by grabbing a coat. I simply ran. I ran as fast as I could, and it still seemed slow to me, although no human could see me. At that moment I resented everything around me… But I knew that somehow things would change. Things had to change. There had to be more to the afterlife than unhappiness because God said there is peace in death. So, where is my peace?
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously? Did no one want a 4th story... Jeez, maybe I shouldn't have
started this. Anyways. Please more subscribers, and you guys know how
I love my comments. It won't take but two seconds to click on comment and
submit. :) It'll mean the world to me. Hopefully chapter 2 will be up today too
but as for now I gotta get read to go to the mall. Gonna go catch up with my
ex best friend who is currently not an enemy.