Status: The series is under a mass rewrite... this story will probably be discontinued, but the rewrite will be so much better <3 stay tuned.

How Could Happily Ever After Be a Myth?

Controlled Resentment

Leo

It had been a few years since I last saw my father. I knew he would be down, I just hoped he didn’t resent me as much as he resented my mother for leaving him. I glanced over to the reason for all of my concerns. Cassandra Cambridge.

She leaned against the train window as we headed for England. I thought it would be safer to fly from England just incase anyone was trying to chase us down because Cassie wasn’t so easily controlled. The sun hit her pale skin causing a small glow to form around her midnight colored hair. Her chest moved up and down slowly, as the air moved in and out of her slightly parted pale pink lips. I didn’t understand why she wanted to tan so badly, she looked amazingly beautiful with her pale skin.

I turned back towards looking at the wall in front of me. Nothing seemed the same any more. I gave Cassie one last glance, and the images from the previous year flooded my mind.

A human boy no older than eighteen had walked up to her. She didn’t mind the attention, and I didn’t mind sharing her laughter for a night. It made me happy to see her enjoy herself. When one of the boy’s friends, a girl, walked over to our laugh fest, Cassie didn’t seem to like it quiet as much, but it wasn’t hurting her. Not until the girl starting flirting with me. I honestly don’t really recall what she looked like, but I remember seeing her red dress swirl with flames as Cassie raised one of her fingers and twirled it making tiny circles in the air. The boy ran to the girl, and his blue shirt was soon ablaze with Cassie’s white hot fury. The heat was slowly getting to me, so I had to walk away. There was nothing I could do to save the couple, and there was nothing I could do to help my love either.

I sighed as I shook the horror movie image from my mind. The train would drop us off soon, and then it wouldn’t be much farther before we could be on our plane, and off to home. Kegan was going to hate Cassie no matter how hard I defended her because of what she had done. Deep down inside of my barely beating heart, I knew that I resented her a little for what she had done because she destroyed my aunt, and she murdered my sister’s father figure. Cassie and I were never supposed to be together, but I knew from the first time when I had that vision of her broken body curled up crying in that dungeon that I needed her.

I leaned my head back so that I could clearly see the ceiling of the train. I closed my eyes in a hopeless attempt to rest, but I slowly began to feel the dull ache of a vision. I was doomed for eternity to have the past haunt me, but sometimes the past wasn’t so bad.

A vision of the field by the lake at Kegan’s appeared in front of me. It was a soft summer night, and Maddie and Kegan sat hand in hand watching the moon rise as the stars began to sparkle. I knew that it had to be one of the first times my parents sat by the lake like that because something in the air made everything seem happy and right.

The train finally made it to the exit, and I woke Cassie from her slumber. We walked out into the sunlight, which I wasn’t quite used to again. We had been living underground with Sophia and her mother for so long that I nearly forgot what the outside world looked like. We walked the mile to the air port quickly, only to be met with a huge surprise.

My mouth fell open as I saw her dark hair, those big grey eyes, and a smile that could light up the world. Beside her stood an all too familiar face, his dark hair nearly matched hers, those childish forest green eyes, and he seemed to have grown again.

“Rosie,” Cassie half barked half sighed. I released Cassie’s hand and half ran towards my sister. It seemed like before I blinked she was in my arms hugging me tightly.

“I missed you, Leo,” she sighed. I began feeling that same heat that was so vivid in my memory and I pushed Rosie away quickly,

“I missed you too, Rosie. What are you doing here,” I asked a little more harshly that I meant to, but my tone was meant for Cassie.

“I had a vision, and I know a secret. Plus I missed the wedding, so I’m going back to say thanks. Did you hear what Kegan did,” she giggled. I shook my head.

“No, what did he do,” I questioned?

“He stood in front of all of the important people at the wedding and said, ‘I am ruler of the creatures, and I say that any creature has the right to love. And love does not exist amongst just one species. We can love whom ever we fall in love with, meaning vampires and werewolves can love one another without a war being started,’ so I owe him a huge thanks since Michael and I have been traveling the world,” she answered.

“Wow!”

“Then I heard you were going back, so I thought I could go with you, but I see you’re still with her,” Rosie stated. She was trying to sound neutral, but I could see the hatred in her eyes.

“Yeah, I am,” I said almost too proudly.

“Oh well, come on, lets board our plane.”

I didn’t think that it was strange that she had tickets to the same flight, or at the same time, or even that we were seated next to each other. My sister was always gifted, and she used her powers a little more than I did. I liked to think that I used mine more wisely, though, because I never had a vision, unless I needed to or if I was remembering something.

Flying wasn’t going to be the hard part of this trip. Controlling Cassie was. It seemed like taking her to Italy was the wrong thing to do to try and control her temper, but I managed. It’s going to be twice as hard to control her now because everyone already hated her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter goes out too.... ChinaGirl1818
for writing an artical about the H series... i don't think it's published
on mibba yet, but she'll let us know.

I'm sorry guys about not updating more.. Alot went on this week
like my great aunt died at 3 am on wednesday, I had a wake and
a funeral. Not to mention that thursday was the 21st birthday
and deathday of my brother. (Don't ask) but this week as been insane
I hope this chapter is good enough for you guys, and there should be
another one out soon.