Status: Currently in the process of re-writing and posting it.

Shot Lipgloss Through My Veins

Chapter Three

I can’t say school went any worse than this morning, but I can certainly say it didn’t get better. The jacket they ordered me was too big, but I took it because my self consciousness was definitely eating me alive. But then I was self conscious about the jacket being too big. So I went and accidentally spilled some, not scary, but stain filled, chemical on my self during second period, so it was gone again. Not to mention getting lost countless times.
When it finally came to lunch, I was ready and excited to find sanctuary in the bathroom at lunch. Not really, very happy about this, but at least I couldn’t embarrass myself in there... of course...
As soon as the bell rang I got into the hallway and searched for the loveliest (closest) girls’ lavatory around. I ended up running right into someone.
“Of course!” I mumbled, brushing myself off.
“What’d you say?” Hey, I recognize that voice.
I looked up. “Mikey, I apologize.” Eyes back to the floor.
“It’s okay.” We stood there awkwardly for a minute, people rushing around us. “Hey, you got anyone to sit with at lunch?”
“Not really, just the porcelain thrones as I hide in the bathroom.” We both smiled at that.
“Damn! Would you want to sit with me and Frankie outside?”
I didn’t answer right away. I would much rather sit with them, maybe I’d feel more... belonging? But what if he was just asking to be nice, but didn’t ever want to see me again? Or what if it was some cruel joke or something? I’m sure Frank doesn’t want to sit with me... I should just say ‘no’.
“Well, whether you want to or not, you’re coming with me. Not sanitary to eat in the bathroom and I don’t think I could get through my lunch knowing you’re in there.” Mikey said this with a gentle push towards the door. I was a little surprised, but I kind of liked it.

We got outside and found Frank sitting against a tree playing with a lighter.
“Hey dude.” Mikey said as he parked right next to Frank.
“Hey.” Was his reply as he looked up to see me just standing there, like a dumb ass I might add. We stared at one another for what felt like forever, waiting for someone, anyone, to say something.
“You can sit down you know.” Frank was breaking the silence. “We’re not going to kill you.” The look on his face was one a mean, sarcastic tone.
“Unless you want us to!” Mikey said with a huge smile on his face. It made me feel more comfortable as I sat across from the guys. I was smiling too.
“What’s the age, Kaylee?” Mikey asked.
“16... 17 in December.” I heard a cocky laugh come from Frank, I looked at him. “What?”
“I’m older and so much cooler than you!” Half grin on his face. “October 31st. I will be 17.”
“He just likes to brag his birthday is on Halloween.” Mikey chirped. “And either way, I am cooler and older than both of you. 18, in September.” He said, throwing grass at Frank, that seemed to end the conversation.
Frank went back to playing with his lighter. “Pyro?” I questioned.
“A little.” He said, looking up at me. He seemed to be warming up to me a little bit. “You?”
“A little.” I smiled at him, he smiled back.
The rest of lunch was eaten in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got excited that I got five subscribers on another story (sick, shameless plug) and I updated a whole lot today. I didn't feel right leaving this one out.
And when I was on Quizilla reading the old write and rewriting it, I was reminded of sugarcubes. SUGARCUBE!!!! Awww... I miss those days, they were fun.
Moral of the story? I hope this update made you as happy as it made me :D
Marguerite