Status: Workin on it

Love By Death

Man Across the Street

Madeline Royale was sitting on her bed, thinking of the complexities of life when she heard a thump at her window. Madeline jumped up, her heart pounding and walked slowly to her window, pausing every few moments to try to see what it was at her window without getting too close. She held in her breath til she looked out her big window, moving the curtains a bit.

"HEY MADDIE!" Her friend Nelson called with a huge grin, he had been throwing small pebbles at her window, trying to get her attention.

"Ah, Neru..." She smiled as she opened her window, Neru was her nickname for him- since he was the cutest Asian boy on her block.

"Maddie, Maddie!" He said in a sing song tune,"Come out!" He smiled at her, causing her to smile.

"Sorry Neru! I can't.... I've got a cold." She lied, her eyes faltering for a moment. She hadn't really had a cold, in fact Madeline had been hiding away in her room all week.

Nelson frowned, and his eyes seemed angered," Maddie, we had plans planned for this week! It's summer and you're up in your room! I talked to your mom and she says you don't even leave your room!" He shouted, his voice getting angrier and angrier. Maddie tried to hid a little behind her curtain. It wasn't that she didn't want to hang out, it was that she couldn't.

Last week when Madeline had been hanging out with her friends, she saw a man across the street who starred at her for a whole hour and every time she looked out her window, the man was somewhere. It always seemed like he was watching her or looking for her.

Just the thought gave her shivers,"I'm sorry Neru..." She said softly, her eyes wandering around- terrified.

"What are you looking at?!" Nelson snapped, spinning on his heel around- looking. "I'm coming up there!" He yelled, sprinting towards the front of her house.

Madeline frowned, this wasn't what she needed. She didn't want to do anything... Suddenly her eyes snapped to the street and there was the man, watching her with a smile. She screamed and flew to her bed, throwing herself onto it. "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" She screamed.

Her door flew open and Madeline turned her head to it to see a panting angered Nelson. "Neru...." She whispered, tears coming to her eyes,"He's there! He's watching me!" She jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug.

"WHO?! Maddie, tell me what's going on!" The cute asian boy asked her. Maddie pulled away,"The man across the street, he's always there! He's always looking at me! I can't take it!" She frowned. Nelson ran to the window and looked around.

"I don't see anything Maddie..." He said softly. "Who are you talking about?"

Maddie made her way to the window and pointed to the man standing there with a big smirk on his face, almost mocking her. "Him."

"Maddie..... I don't see anything." Nelson said slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short, but I just need to build up what happens next- sorry if it's confusing!