Status: Workin on it

Love By Death

Little White Bird

Maddie wanted to break down crying, was she going crazy? Was she losing it?

"Madeline.... I don't see it." Nelson said softly, confused. Maddie covered her face with her hands and walked backwards, stumbling to the floor. Nelson raced to her side and hugged her," I think.... You need some time alone to figure whatever this is out." He said in a brotherly tone. Madeline nodded, tears running down her face.

"Call me, if you need anything." He said as he kissed the top of her head stood up and walked out of the room. He paused at her door, and looked at the broken down girl in the center of the room. His eyes felt her pain, and wished there was more to do. But he knew for now he had to leave.

Madeline sat in the center of the room for a period of time that seemed to last forever. Had she gone crazy? She doubted that. Then what was happening? She was just... Sick that's all.

"I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy.... I'm not." She whispered, her tears rapidly running down the side of her porcelain skin. Her wavy long blond hair that was normally neat and put together was now frizzed and a mess. And the area around her green eyes were red and puffy. She was hardly her normal self. Anyone who knew Madeline before this time would have told you that wasn't Maddie, but a terrified deer in the road.

"I'm not cra-" THUMP. "Crazy...." She finished as she looked up to her window. Was it Neru again? Maybe he had come to check up on her... Maybe. She got up and raced to her window, wanting someone's company. As she reached her window and looked down at the ground below her, she saw no one.

"What?! Am I...." She looked down on the windowsill to see a tiny little white bird. "A bird?" She blinked. It looked injured and closed to death. She quickly opened her window and placed the little bird in her hand," You poor thing..."

Anyone who really knew Maddie would tell you she would take animals home all the time to look after them, and had a soft spot for those who were injured.

The bird seemed to look more calm as she held it close to her. "I wonder what is wrong with you..." She said, feeling her emotions change quickly into that of normal Madeline. She placed the tiny bird on a blanket and went to get the heating pad, considering it was rather cold for a summer's day.

She ran downstairs for the first time in over 3 days and got a small saucer of water and some seeds they had for the bird feeder. "Maddie... What are you doing?" Her mother said, sounding shocked.

"I found a bird, and I'm going to take care of it for a while!" She said as she bolted back up the stairs. Her mom sat in her chair and put her papers down,"That child is so odd..." She sighed but smiled.

Madeline opened her door and ran to the bird, putting all the things down. "There you go!" She smiled down at it. Maddie sat down in her chair and rolled it up to her desk where the bird was. "Now... Lets see what is wrong little fella." She smiled in a sweet voice. She first checked it's wings and noticed both of them had been broken. "Ah I see.... I wonder how you did that..." She said as she sat back and looked up at her ceiling in thought. "Maybe you were attacked by a hawk, or fell." She shrugged.

She opened up her desk and took out her first aid kit, making splints for the two wings. "Now don't try to fly, you'll get more hurt!" She smiled as she walked to her closet and pulled out on of those old classic bird cages she had used for decoration in her room last year. "Is this okay? It's rather pretty..." She asked the bird with a laugh. She picked up the food and water and placed it in the cage and placed the bird in the cage and closed the door.

She placed the cage on her bed side table, so he wasn't too far away. "There. Now if you need anything, just chirp!" She laughed.

What a mood change Madeline had, from losing it to finding this poor bird to help take her mind off things. Madeline picked up her cell phone and called 'Neru'. She heard the phone ring once.

"Maddie! Are you okay?" he asked quickly, almost in a panic.
"Yeah Neru!" She smiled, her voice sounding pure and bouncy once again," I found a bird at my window... I'm taking care of it. Would Neru-kun like to come see it?" She asked curiously.
"Yes! Of course!" He said a little too quickly.
Maddie laugh," Okay, come over!"

It was 7:00 when she called and it was 7:01 when her door burst opened with a cute Asian boy holding goodies and cat stuffed animals. "These are for you!" He smiled, placing them on her bed.

"Kitties!" She smiled, instantly jumping into the goodies. Nelson took off his jacket and walked over to the bird cage with a glare in his eyes. "Is this the bird you were talking about?" He said, a small tint of anger in his voice.

"Ah! Yes!" Maddie nodded as she held a cat stuffed animal close to her. Nelson nodded and looked back over at it.

"It's ugly. And might be infested with fleas." He said bluntly.

Maddie looked over, shocked," No he's not! He's so adorable!" She smiled down at the bird. This only made Nelson more angry. "Maddie! Don't say that!" He shouted, causing Maddie to stop smiling at the bird and look to her friend.

"Eh? Are you okay?" She asked, more shocked. Neru was a normally nice friendly boy... He rarely yelled.

"No. I'm going home." He said as he grabbed his jacket.

"But.... You just came over...." She frowned. Nelson's face turned soft for a moment.

"Sorry...." And with that, he left. Madeline looked down at the bird with a curious stare.

"How odd of him." She shrugged and relaxed on her bed, slowly falling asleep with her new cat stuffed animals.
♠ ♠ ♠
Much longer! Can you guess what's going on ;D?