Status: Workin on it

Love By Death

Air

Madeline woke up with the sun shining bright on to her face. She let out a small yawn and rubbed her face. She didn't want to wake up, it was nice asleep. She yawned again and rolled over, hugging her stuffed cat.

"I wonder what was up with Neru..." She said in the mist of her sleepiness. She held the cat close to her face and buried her face into it's soft plush. "I should... Call him." She yawned loudly. She reached her hand over to grab her cell phone off the desk to notice the bird cage was in her way. She slid her hand down it, noticing an odd... opening.

Madeline's eyes shot open,"What?!" She gasped, sitting up quickly. She turned to the bird cage by her bed and looked inside it, her white palms shaking. How did it- How could it- Why?! WHAT?! She lifted the cage up and looked all around it, panicking. "How could it get out?!" She whispered, absolutely shocked.

"MOM!" Madeline called for her mother, maybe she took it out? "Yes darling?" Her mother beamed. "Did you... Move my bird...?" She asked, trying to sound like she was fine so her mother wouldn't worry.

"No?" Her mother said, tilting her head. "Are you saying Madeline... That there is a bird lose in my-" Madeline slammed her door shut, cutting her mother off. She turned and locked her door, sliding down onto the floor. "It's.... Impossible..." She said quietly. Madeline's mother knocked on the door,"Maddie...?" She asked curiously.

"Yes?" She said, trying to sound pleasant and charming. "I forgot to tell you that Nelson stopped by but you were still asleep." Madeline's eyes snapped open. "That little...." She growled. Madeline stood up, and threw on one of her dresses on and tied her hair into a ponytail. "That little..." She repeated.

She opened up her door and put her sandals on. "I'm going to go say hi to Nelson!" She beamed at her mother. Her mother looked at her, seeing she was actually more mad than happy. Her mother just nodded as Madeline walked out the door.

It wasn't a long walk to her dearest 'Neru's' house. Infact it was a 2 minute walk. Maddie had a aura of pure anger and frustration. She banged on the bright blue door, tapping her foot and folding her arms. Her green eyes turned into a green flame, ready to set Nelson on fire with her glare.

Nelson opened the door, his pale face turning more pale when he looked at the small framed girl in front of him. "Uh... Hey Maddie." He said, trying to smile," How can I help you?" He asked. Maddie pushed him out of the way and charged up the stairs. "MADDIE WAIT- I can explain!" Nelson yelled as he chased after her.

Madeline threw open the door to Nelson's room and paused. Inside on his bed sat a dark haired boy. "What....." She whispered. "Who are you?" She asked. The boy looked up silently, confusion and curiosity filled his eyes. Madeline stood there staring at him, her green eyes fusing into his dark blue. Nelson grabbed her shoulder and spun her around to face him.

"This is... Air. He's an exchange student. He doesn't speak English." He said, she could hear his breathing becoming louder. "You're lying." She said bluntly as she took a step back into his room. "You took my bird. I know you did." She said, her emotions spiraling. "I didn't take the ugly thing." Nelson said, his voice not faltering for a moment.

Madeline felt arms warm around her neck and pull her back. "AIR!" Nelson glared," Stop it now." He warned. Maddie put her small hands on Air's arms and tried to pull them off. "What are you doing?!" She yelled as he pulled her further into the room. Madeline struggled in his arms as she saw in front of her the door slam, without anyone touching it.

"Air...?" She questioned as she pulled his arms off of her. "What are you doing?!" She yelled as she took a few steps back. Air paused, as if he was thinking about something. Finally, as if he found that thought he smiled. "I wanted to thank you." He said, his English.... Was perfect.

"What is going on....?" She asked, her head spinning.

"I wanted to thank you for saving me." He smiled,"When I broke my wings." He continued.

"When you.... You are..." Madeline grabbed her head," You are my bird...." She gasped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long <3