Status: Cute and cliched.

Before the Summer's Out...

Chapter 11: The Reaction

And this is where I prove that I was 3.5 drunk. I was still holding Enid's arms, so I just pulled her closer to me and kissed her very abruptly, crushing my lips against hers.

*****

After about a moment of me being a psychopath, I pulled my head back to gage her reaction. Enid opened her tempest eyes and blinked them once. Then she squirmed out of my grasp and smacked me. I should have expected as much.

"Ow! Jesus, Enid!" I yelped, putting a hand to the cheek where she'd hit me.

Enid stood up and I looked at her, my mouth open still.

Oh dear. She looked quite livid.

"Benj Morgan, you shallow, stupid bastard!" She yelled at me. Shallow? I was thinking so deeply this night it was making my head hurt.

"What??" I answered snappishly, defensively. I shouldn't have reacted that way.

"I cannot believe you. I thought you were different than those other sheep males. I thought you were my friend."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I stood up too. Did she actually say sheep males?

"Why the fuck did you kiss me?" Swearing sounds so much harsher coming from Enid, since she's usually so well spoken.

"Why wouldn't I kiss you Enid? Why do you doubt yourself and your... your, like, attractiveness." Even to me it made no sense.

"What?? I... I don't."

"Yeah you do. You just, um, you just did. And then I kissed you."

"Oh. Oh I see. To prove a point then. That's why you kissed me, you, you..." She couldn't find the words insulting enough.

"No! No. That isn't why. I told you! Your hotness is driving me insane!" It was true! You will vouch for me, I know. You can see I'm behaving like a lunatic.

"Today it's driving you insane?? All of a sudden, without my glasses and now with shaven legs, NOW you take an interest! Benj you are shallow and superficial and I hate you!" Enid shouted.

Oh, she made a good point. God, I am so stupid. Stupid, stupid.

"No. Enid, that's not... well it is partly it- but like-!" I tried to defend myself but I couldn't come up with a good enough defense.

I was too drunk and Enid was shoving me toward the door. She tripped painfully over the edge of the rug. I managed to catch and steady her. She shoved me against the front door.

"Leave. And don't talk to me, you ass," she commanded.

I opened the door obediently. "Never?? I can never talk to you again??" I was utterly floored and distraught that this indiscretion would wreck out entire relationship. I mean friendship.

"... at least not for a few days! I need to calm down and think this through!" she screamed her reasonable condition at me and then slammed the door in my face.

I went home and sat down on my bed. It was considerably late. I hadn't planned on coming home that night. When I'd started drinking at Enid's, I'd had the notion that I'd crash on her couch. Well... ok... my stupid, life-ruining, horny brain had the notion that I'd crash with Enid. Oh God. I was such a fucking horny piece of ass.

I hiccoughed and lay down on my side and curled my legs up against my chest. That made my stomach hurt, so I stretched them out again. I felt a little nauseous. I blinked and couldn't open my eyes. So I went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Atta girl Enid! Smack 'em up!
Whattaya think? .Comment..