Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Forty Eight: Bat Girl and Boy Wonder

Nurse's offices. Probably the one place in a school you would assume was comfortable. In fact, nurse's offices are probably the most uncomfortable places on the planet.

1.) The walls are sterile white and put you on edge instead of calming you down.

2.) It smells like ammonia and vomit in there.

3.) The cot and blanket they offer when you're really sick is so uncomfortable! That stupid freaking nurse's office blanket is the scratchiest wool material ever, it's like made out of pine needles or something. Like, c'mon. Would it kill them to just have some organic cotton? No one's allergic to that! I don't think.

"The first time I punched someone, I was six," I shared with Cora.

She and I were sitting up on the examining table, in the small room outside the nurse's actual office, our feet dangling off the edge of the table. I had an ice compact over my black eye and Cora was resting the blessed hand that had punched Brandon in her own ice compact. We must have been quite a sight. Brandon was getting bandaged up by the nurse in her adjoining office. Cora, like the magnificent person she is, had managed to break his nose.

"Really?" Cora chuckled to my confession, very slightly trying to flex her delicate, pianist fingers. Oh, that poor, beautiful hand.

"Yeah. I was walking home from kindergarten with my friend Murray Thompson and I just turned around and punched him in the face," I said. Cora laughed.

"Why??" She demanded.

"I hadn't punched anyone before and I wanted to see what it was like," I explained, chuckling regretfully. Cora kept giggling at me.

"I abused that poor kid. Another time, when we were still six, Murray was over at my house and I fed him, like, this entire box of soda crackers. And it turned out he was allergic to, like, the salt on the soda crackers-" I was saying. Cora was giggling hysterically at my story.

"Yeah. His poor fucking head turned purple and swelled up so huge, oh my god. My mother just about had a heart attack," I finished. Cora put her uninjured hand over her mouth to stifle her beautiful laughter. I chuckled along with her and massaged my sore, sore eye with the ice compact.

"Aww. That poor guy," She chuckled sadly, calming down. I nodded in agreement.

"What happened to him?" Cora wanted to know, looking at me.

"He didn't die or anything. They just took him to the hospital and he got a shot of epinephrine," I defended my six year old self.

"Noo. I mean where is he now? Are you guys still friends?" She laughed at me.

"Oh, oh. He moved. We talk over facebook and stuff. He's a good guy, we're friends," I said. Cora nodded and looked down at her hand. She flexed her fingers carefully.

"You are quite a guy, Boy Wonder. Punching your best friend, but not punching a douche bag who gets all up in your face," Cora chuckled thoughtfully. I shrugged at my pathetic nature, resigned to accepting myself.

"Where's Batman when I need him?" I sighed. "Huh?" I went on and elbowed her arm gently to bug her and looked at her while I did that. She giggled and smiled, god so beautifully, at her injured hand.

"At least I had Bat Girl to save me," I said. Cora grinned and looked at me. We looked at each other.

If I may, I'd like to monologue for a moment about Cora and her blue eyes. I have never, ever in my life met anyone with eyes like Cora's. Like, you see people have blue eyes often enough (whether they're fake or not, you see 'em), but you don't see this kind of blue. I mean dark, true sapphire blue with flecks of ebony in them. Sexual and cool and so uniquely Cora. Like, I can almost hear Cora's mind working, her heart beating, behind those eyes.

I love her: I love her drowning dark blue eyes, I love her brown, wavy curly hair, I love her delicate, pianist fingers, I love the slight dark circles under her eyes, I love her darker than normal lips, I love her long legs, I love her lean, slightly curvy, girl body. Holy man, and those are just the appearance things that I love. I could go on forever about all the freaking personality things that I love about her.

"Anytime, Boy Wonder," She promised me. I smiled and adjusted my ice compact.

"I hope, though, I don't have to take any shit for being saved by a girl. People are so immature. You're more than some delicate girl," I said. Cora giggled, watching me adjust my ice compact.

"I don't think they will. Because then Brandon would have to admit that he got his nose broken by a girl," Cora said. I grinned. That was true, douche puppy.

"Here," Cora said, and reached up to take my ice compact from me. She lightly held it against my eye, holding it properly so the ice actually felt nice and like it was helping relieve the incredible soreness. She lifted her injured hand and just put her finger tips under my chin, to hold my face steady. She was touching my face. I wasn't going to move away if it killed me.

"You're pretty proud of that, aren't you?" I said to her punching Brandon's nose, still smiling.

"... a little, yeah," She admitted, wrinkling her small girl nose and grinning.

"Good. I'm proud of you, too," I assured her. I didn't want her to think I was embarrassed that I'd been rescued by a girl. I wasn't, Cora is a fucking ass-kicker and cool as anything. I was proud of her.

Horrifically, Cora took her hands away from my face, taking my ice compact with her and looking away. She realized what she'd done and handed me back the ice compact, still looking other places besides at me. I held it in my hands and just stared at her. She was nestling her injured knuckles in her own ice compact again, observing her actions carefully.

"I feel kinda bad, though," She admitted to her ice pack suddenly. "I mean, if it hadn't been for me, Brandon wouldn't have started anything with you in the first place. And you wouldn't have a big shiner on your eye," She went on quietly.

I wasn't really thinking at all. About anything. I leaned in close to Cora's face and she just turned her head a little and I kissed her. Yeah. Yeah. No, I really did that. Cora didn't see me coming, even though I went really slowly and then the kiss was very gentle and unobtrusive. The kiss was that way because I was out of my mind and shocked with myself. And in love with her, so.

At first, Cora was completely still, probably surprised, since my kiss was out of the blue. But then, after one moment, she was kissing me back. Gloriously, wonderfully, fantastically kissing me right freaking back. I kept kissing her, very gentle, not pushing the limit and in slight shock, and she kissed me back. I lead the kissing but, ladies and gentleman, Cora kissed me back.

Cora and me kissing:

1.) That soft, sensual mouth makes you want to kiss her hard and passionate. Gentle kisses felt strange, but a good strange of course.

2.) My heart was pounding, not nervously though, just strong and very happy. I mean, I'd been kind of aching to kiss her for awhile so this was sweet relief and wonderful discovery.

3.) Even though we were sitting in a stupid nurse's office and I had a black eye and she had (very tough and cool) scratched up knuckles, I forgot all about where I was and what was wrong with me when I was kissing Cora. Because who cares about those stupid things? I'm kissing Cora, everything else really doesn't matter.

Eventually, Cora and I kind of drew away a little. I mean, I didn't want to at all; I wanted to keep kissing her forever, naturally. But... you know. I gotta play this right if I want to have the hope of kissing her again. I opened my eyes (yeah even the black one) and waited to see her reaction, worried as fuck. Cora's eyes opened pretty much at the same time mine did. She didn't look angry or regretful, that was good. She just looked at me and things were still very, very nice.

"At least the shiner looks really cool," She said softly, finishing what she'd been saying before I'd interrupted her with my crazy kissing. I grinned nervously, so in love and so goddamn crazy. But she smiled back. Because she's Cora and she's wonderful. Would I love her if she wasn't great? At least that part makes sense.
♠ ♠ ♠
... =D *kiss*

Found this song by accident and I love it, it's soo sweet: "Smile" by: Artist 10 (that's the band name it says on youtube. I dunno if that's their real name, if you know please let me know!)

.Comment on the EPIC kiss!!..

Canada just WIPED the ice with Russia's ass in the Olympic men's hockey quarter finals!! GO CANADA!!! Dad, pass me a beer!
Oh and btw, Robin's first punch and soda cracker stories were taken straight from my dad's stories about his childhood. Thanks for the entertainment, dad.