Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Fifty Six: To, um... love?

"What is going on here??"

I woke up abruptly, shocked out of sleep.

"Robin!"

I turned over and fell off the couch, landing on the floor with a loud thump.

1.) Oh yeah, that's right, I'd been sleeping on the couch.

2.) Oh yeah, I'd gotten drunk last night. I wasn't hung-over (water is a miracle worker) but I still felt a little heavy and under the weather.

3.) Oh yeah, Cora was here!

I sat up and looked at Cora. She was sitting up quickly and looking around for her jacket or something to put on modestly over her t-shirt. I was currently sitting on her jacket. I looked at Glenn. He was wearing his clothes from the night before and had his arms across his chest.

"Hey pop," I said tiredly. He wasn't angry, the faker.

"There's an almost empty bottle of tequila on the table and a young lady I've never met on our couch. Care to explain?" Glenn said.

"Dad, this is Cora. Cora this is my dad, Glenn Svetson," I decided to introduce and gestured to them both, still sitting on the damn floor.

"Hello sir," Cora said sheepishly, rubbing her hands slightly on her thighs. It's a thing she does when she's a little nervous.

"... ordinarily, I'd be angry," Glenn said to both of us. Liar, he's a total softie. "But, since I got engaged last night, I'll let it slide," He finished and broke into a grin that he'd been fighting. I hauled myself to my feet.

"Congrats dad," I said. We hugged and then he kissed the side of my head.

"Ack!" I grunted, squirming away from the excessive love.

"Congratulations," Cora grinned at my dad. Linda came into the living room then, looking tired (ew!) but very happy.

"Hi guys!" She said cheerily to both me and Cora. She smiled at me and I went over, pecked her cheek (since it's the social convention) and we hugged. She grinned at me when we drew apart.

"I think this calls for champagne," Glenn decided happily, skipping off to the liquor cabinet. Cora stood up and went over to Linda.

"Hi, I'm Linda," Linda chuckled at Cora.

"Cora," Cora said and they shook hands.

"Do you want to see the ring?" Linda asked. You could tell she was dying to show someone.

"Sure. I mean, I don't know anything about engagement rings- oh wow, that's stunning," Cora interrupted herself, looking closer at the rock on Linda's finger. Linda grinned.

"Isn't it pretty? I never really pictured myself wearing a princess cut," Linda said.

"It looks perfect. I love the setting. Those are roses, hey?" Cora went on, awed, as she examined the band of the ring. Glenn brought over a bottle of champagne and four champagne glasses.

"You can grab the orange juice for you and Cora, alchie," Glenn told me. I rolled my eyes, but did as I was told since I didn't want any more alcohol, thanks very much. I went and got the orange juice.

Glenn poured everyone their respective drinks. Cora came and stood next to me. I gave her an apologetic and tired smile. She just chuckled quietly, shook her head, and then leaned her forehead against my arm for a brief, glorious moment.

Glenn handed me and Cora our orange juice and gave Linda her champagne glass.

"Oh, um," I realized I should make the toast. "To, um... love?" I suggested awkwardly. Cora elbowed my arm because of the lame toast.

"Perfect," Linda backed me up.

"To love," The other three toasted and we all clinked glasses. Glenn kissed Linda before drinking this champagne. Cora and I sucked back our orange juice, kind of dehydrated from all the damn tequila.

"So. Why is there an almost empty bottle of tequila on the table?" Glenn asked, falling into automatic dad mode and starting to sound serious.

"Aw, just let it go," Linda chuckled at Glenn. Glenn grinned at her and they started kissing. Gross. I looked at Cora. She looked back at me. I leaned my head down and kissed her. She kissed me back. Definitely not gross.

After a moment we drew apart and Cora grinned sleepily. Then she suddenly looked around behind me at the clock on the wall.

"Oh crap. I gotta go," She said, looking at me. I looked at the clock. It was nine in the morning. Oh right, her mom had called and... right. I blinked and rubbed my eyes as Cora put down her glass and scuttled over to pick up her jacket and cell phone.

"Um, it was nice meeting both of you. Congratulations, really," Cora wished them, putting on her jacket and holding her cell phone in her hand.

"Thanks! It was nice meeting you, Cora," Linda called.

"Yeah, I hope we'll see you again sometime when my son hasn't got you liquored up!" Glenn added jovially. I rolled my eyes as Cora giggled huskily and I walked her to the front door.

"I'll give you a ride," I decided protectively. Cora opened the front door and peered out. It wasn't raining.

"Ah. I'll be ok. The fresh air will be nice," Cora said. I made face. Cora chuckled at me and punched my arm.

"I'll be fine. I'll... call you later or something ok?" She said. I nodded, my heart feeling lighter.

"K," I smiled. We paused for a second. I felt awkward and suddenly nervous. My liquid filled stomach didn't like being nervous. I mean, OK, I've kissed Cora yeah (I'll have to count up how many times I've done it) but I haven't kissed her good-bye. Like that's, I dunno! Some kind of relationship thing to do.

Cora suddenly just kissed me, easy and casual and then smiled a crooked smile at me. That is so something she'd do. Just blow past all the conventions and my worries and continue on in a cool, Cora fashion. I smiled at her, feeling my heart beat. I love her so damn much.

"Bye," She chuckled at me.

"Bye," I said. She walked down my front steps, sliding her hands in her pockets. I watched her walk down the road. She looked back at me a couple of times and I waved when she did. She waved back, laughing at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
To love! To my love for all you readers! *clinks orange juice glass with you happily*

"Lover" by: Devendra Banhart. That is a cool freaking name. Devendra. It's like... I don't know where it's from or what it is. It's cool though lol.
And "Just Say Yes" by: Snow Patrol. Ugh, shut UP music snob! It FITS OK?? Glenn just asked Linda to marry him! hehe =]

.Comment on this happy morning after!!..