Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Fifty Nine: The Opium Den

On Tuesday morning, I woke up and glanced at Pink Floyd's prism as I climbed out of bed. I was at a loss for how to feel or what to expect today. I looked out my window and the day was sunny. That made me feel a little better. I got dressed and went downstairs. No one was home: Dad and Linda must have both left to work.

Whoa, weird. I backtracked and realized I’d just clumped Linda in with Dad as being a permanent member of this house without really thinking about it. I guess… well I guess that’s ok. As I drank a glass of juice and skimmed through my iPod, I wondered if my mom knew about my dad’s engagement. I know, like, next to nothing about Katrina and Glenn’s current communication. I imagine that my father lets her know about big things like that. But I dunno.

I headed out the door and walked to school. It was butt freezing out! I zipped up my jacket and, feeling winter-y and still kind of thinking about my mother, I listened to Canadian Sunset by Dean Martin. My mother is a Dean Martin fanatic. Were she, like, thirty years older than she is, she totally would have banged him at some night-club while he smoked cigarettes and drank bourbon. Anyway, every single Christmas/Winter time, for as long as I can remember, Katrina has played Dean’s "Winter Romance" CD. By traditional association… I kind of like the album. It reminds me of Christmas, ok??

At school, the Charger was already sitting in it’s spot, gleaming in the sunlight. I hustled into the building and to my locker. Ah, bugger! Two condoms fell out. That kind of bummed me out a little. But I was still high off Dean and anxious to go see the girl I love, so I just ran off to Music Comp.

Cora was sitting in there, playing this really pretty ditty on the piano. Just her right hand, way up in the treble clef. She looked over her shoulder at me when I entered. My heart pounded out of habit when those blue eyes looked at me. You know, I kind of hope that my heart never gets used to her looking at me.

“Morning BW,” She greeted.

“Morning,” I said sitting down. I watched, well stared, as she leaned forward to write something in her notebook on top of the piano. I stared because her shirt rose a bit and I could see her tattoo. Fack, she’s sexy.

“You have a good sleep?” She asked me, picking up her tea and then taking a sip.

“Mhm,” I said, still just kind of… looking at her. Like, I should have picked up my guitar or something to busy myself and not gape at her. But I didn’t. Honestly, Cora is captivating enough that, if I could get away with it without being creepy (and unfortunately I can’t), I would just look at her all the time.

“Did you?” I asked quickly. Cora shrugged one shoulder and put down her tea. She hadn’t had a good sleep? Why not?? I was so curious and concerned.

“How come you didn’t sleep good?” I asked, sounding like a damn two-year-old. I frowned at myself and closed my eyes, wishing I could take that back sooo badly. I heard Cora chuckle at me and my eyes opened again to see her smile.

“I dunno,” She said with another shrug. I nodded, wanting to ask her more questions, but trying to play it cool and nonchalant. Cora blinked and suddenly kind of stood and leaned over to kiss me. It was a real soft kiss, but verging on really hott because it started off with our lips parted.

Damn! Cora is wonderful, yeah, but freaking conf-you-who-sing!

She drew away from me and smiled. I grinned at her like an in love idiot. Cuz I am one.

“Morning,” I said again. She laughed at me and stood up properly.

“Wanna listen to music and lie on the floor?” Cora asked. Yes. Oh my god, yes.

“Yep,” I said quickly and flopped down on the ground and waiting impatiently for her to join me. Cora plugged in her iPod to the Mac and started playing a playlist. She turned off the lights and then lay down next to me, sighing with sleepy relief when she was done.

The playlist started out with Jack Johnson (the music snob in me kind of sniffed, but otherwise didn’t really mind too much) and the songs continued on in that lullaby fashion for a little while. Cora and I were quiet. My heart was humming and I really want to kiss Cora, but for some reason I held back. Why?? I don’t know. Cora was kind of staring sleepily at the ceiling. School just starts too damn early.

Then, the tone of the playlist changed abruptly. Probably because it ended and had moved on to something else. Some girl-rock screaming.

“What is this?” I laughed at her.

“Die Mannequin. Bad Medicine,” Cora chuckled, starting to sit up. “I’ll change it. Hang on,” She said.

“No, it’s cool. We can listen to your PMS rock,” I said. Cora lay back down and pinched my ear.

“Shut up. It’s a good song,” She giggled. And, you know, it was a good song. At least, the sexy guitar and classic driving beat made me want to make out with Cora, so that makes the song good.

I turned my head to look at Cora. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows, waiting for me to say something since I was looking at her. Instead, I reached to hold the back of her head lightly and brought my mouth to hers and started kissing her. We immediately jumped into heavy, making out kissing: since:

1.) We’re teenagers and often slaves to our budding, out of control hormones.

2.) We were alone and in a dark room at school. That’s hott and kind of dangerous.

3.) The rocking song just elevated the already sexy situation.

I kind of started to awkwardly get up on my side and sit up. It was awkward because I kept kissing Cora while I did that. I pulled her to lie my lap and we righted our faces so we could now kiss properly. I wrapped my arms around Cora’s shoulders and she reached up and held my face and the back of my head.

I thought we’d just kind of stay in this romantic position, but Cora surprised by wiggling out of my arms. Aww, man, why-

Oh whoa! She kneeled right in front of me and then pushed me back and straddled my waist as I lay back willingly. Awesome! Ok, ok. I can get on board with this, definitely. Cora kept kissing me, all hott and heavy, and held my face with one hand and gripped the front of my shirt with the other. I raised my head to press my mouth against hers while we kissed, since I couldn’t take just lying flat and passively kissing her back. No, no, no. That’s not the way us boy virgins operate. I wrapped my arms around her back, pressing one hand against her lower back. My hands were kind of acting on their own, being more outgoing than my brain would normally let me be.

Suddenly, the practice room door opened and unnatural light burst into our little room intrusively. Cora immediately jumped off me and I sat up.

Mr. Giraldi smacked his palm against the light switch.

“Honestly! Don’t make me split you two up. This isn’t an opium den, for crying out loud! Get to work,” He barked at us and then left the room, closing the door smartly behind him. Did Mr. Giraldi just say opium den? I felt embarrassment flush up my neck and I rubbed my eyes.

“Well-” I started to say, trying to think of something funny to break up the awkward situation. But then Cora leaned over and started kissing me again. Whoa! Either she is totally crazy with hormones or really, really guts-y. I’m gonna say it’s a combination of the two. Anyway, I, of course, went along with it and kissed her right back because I love her and she’s really, really hott.

We wrestled around on the floor, making out like crazy. I wasn’t all that concerned about Mr. Giraldi coming back in. I mean, he could come back, yeah, and then Cora and I would probably get detention. But Cora started it! What was I gonna do?? Push her off? Yeah right. Besides, detention with Cora probably wouldn't be all that bad anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe! Ok, first, my mom is a Dean Martin fan, particularly of the Winter Romance CD and I, by association of Christmas and snow, love that album... yeah, this coming from the biotch who bad mouthed Coldplay hehe. Anyway:

"Canadian Sunset" (cover) by: Dean Martin
"Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" by: Jack Johnson, not really too lullaby-y, but it fits the story:
aaaand PMS rock hehe (its awesome): "Bad Medicine" by: Die Mannequin

.Comment on Cora not bein' able to keep it in her freaking pants!!..