Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Sixty Seven: I Forgive You. Let's Kiss

I woke up on Friday morning, feeling pretty darn good. Because:

1.) As a throw back to my first ‘Friday’s are good’ list, Fridays are good because it’s the last day of school before the weekend. And even if I get to see the love of my teenage life everyday thanks to that institution, school itself still sucks balls.

2.) Although I’d had a brief, but intense anxiety attack about Cora dating Brando, I’d actually soothed my worry pretty quickly. I’d asked Cora out on a date, sort of moving in the right commitment direction. So that made me feel better. (Up yours Brando! Your bike is still cool, though).

3.) Said date with Cora would take place tonight. So, that’s really exciting and I’m looking forward to that, definitely.

So reasons one through three make good feelings. I got out of bed and looked out the window. It wasn’t sunny out, it was gray, but that was ok. I didn’t need sun. This might sound totally corny (in fact, I know it will) but Cora is all the sun I need. I looked up at the Pink Floyd prism as I pulled my shirt on.

“Bless me with better lyrics,” I requested of them, still thinking about Cora being all the sun I need. My cell phone suddenly vibrated on the table. I picked it up quickly and blinked. Oh, it was a message from Harold.

‘I didn’t ask out Minnie. I think I’ll take the day off of school,” He let me know. I actually “aww”ed, disappointed, out loud. I sent him a message:

“Dude just come. It’ll be ok,” I promised him. I didn’t get a reply back. Although that was a little bit of a bummer, it didn’t bring down my mood that much.

I finished getting dressed and went downstairs. Glenn and Linda were sitting at the breakfast table, giggling and doing their crossword. I know it seems like Glenn and Linda are just always happy and never fight. And the truth is… they kind of don’t. I mean, they argue sometimes, they disagree and debate and stuff. But they don’t, like, fight fight. Which is nice, because whoo boy could my mother and father fight to the death back when they weren’t divorced and miserable.

“Morning kids,” I said darkly. Even though inwardly, I was pretty happy. But they didn’t need to know.

“Morning, Robin,” Linda said kindly.

“Hey kid, what’s this I hear about you not coming to New Hampshire next weekend?” Glenn demanded while I peeled a banana.

“Linda said I didn’t have to,” I defended.

“That’s true. I did,” Linda spoke up, writing out a word in the crossword.

“But… Robin. Come on,” Glenn said. His words were kind of casual, but he was giving me a serious look. The look concisely said: you know the polite/nice thing to do is come out and meet my fiance's parents. You’re going to be their step grandson and they want to meet you, I’m sure. And I would like you to come with me because you’re my son and I don’t want to pretend like I don’t have a child by another marriage. I have nothing to hide, you’re my kid. So come on.

It really said all that.

“Aww, dad,” I whined and gave him my own look. It said: awww dad! New Hampshire and your fiance's parents sound so boring! I’ll commit suicide, I swear I will.

“Don’t make him go if he doesn’t want to,” Linda said to Glenn, spelling out a test word on the side of the newspaper.

“But-” Glenn protested. Linda giggled.

“If you were a kid, would you want to go spend the weekend in New Hampshire with my parents?” Linda asked rhetorically. I like her. Have I ever said I didn’t like Linda? I take it back if I did. I like her.

“She gets it! Thanks,” I said saluting Linda with my banana and then cramming as much of it as I could into my mouth. I coughed, choking a little. Glenn chuckled at me.

“Ok, ok,” He said, looking back down at the crossword. Then he looked up again. “But I’m trusting you alone, Robin. Absolutely no drinking, I mean it,” Glenn said, pointing at me. For once in his mushy life, he meant what he said. I decided not to push him.

“Ok, I promise,” I said, pretending to me thoroughly offended by his bossiness. The doorbell rang then, making everyone look up.

“… I’ll get it,” I said, since I was the only one that was properly dressed. I went to the door. Cora! I opened the door all the way.

“Hi,” I said, smiling. She grinned so beautifully at me and came inside.

“Good morning,” She said, still smiling. Then she reached up to hold my face and kissed me pretty passionately. One, long, lovely, tender, hott, beautiful kiss. I honestly wondered suddenly if I was still asleep and just having a great, vivid dream.

When she drew away, she smiled at me, still freaking beautiful. I grinned.

“Um, morning,” I said, chuckling. Cora rubbed my cheek with her thumb before taking her hands away from my face.

“Not to stop this lovely moment, but what’s up?” I asked, a little suspicious. Stupid, stupid, worry wart Robin. Cora pursed her lips together, looking a little guilty. But sexy guilty. Oh damn.

Oh no! Brando! Fuck you! Oh no!

“What?” I asked, frowning.

“I did a bad thing Robin,” She said, smiling through her regret. The smile told me that maybe it wasn’t actually too bad. Maybe it wasn’t Brando.

“And you need me to punish you? Ok,” I sighed, like it would be a chore and not the best freaking thing ever. Cora grinned.

“No. Well maybe later… uh, but no though,” She said.

“What is it, then?” I asked curiously. Cora smiled, so beautifully at me, making me smile and distracting me.

“Um, well. Have you talked to Harold?” Cora asked. I nodded and made a face.

“Yeah, he said he didn’t ask out Minnie,” I said. Cora nodded… like she already knew that. What?

“K, see, the thing is, I really thought he was going to and last night I asked Minnie how it went-“

“What??” I interrupted.

“I know! I know, I know. She was all disappointed that he hadn’t asked her out because I kind of implied that I knew he had been planning to-” Cora went on.

“Ohh, Coraaaa.” I whined loudly. “How could you do that? Now Minnie knows that Harold was going to ask her out!” I complained.

“Cora’s here?” My dad spoke up from the kitchen.

“Hi!” Cora called.

“Hi!” Linda and Glenn called back.

“Cora. Why would do that??” I demanded her attention. Oh, damn her blue eyes were all wide and apologetic. I forgive you. Let’s kiss.

“You know, I don’t actually see what’s so bad about Minnie knowing. I just knew you’d be upset about it, so I decided to tell you up front,” She defended her actions.

“It’s bad, because it puts a lot of pressure on Harold. And he’s already freaked out,” I told her.

“Ohh,” Cora said thoughtfully. She looked away and then looked back at me. “Oops?” She said with a beautiful, apologetic smile and a shrug. I glared at her (but didn’t really mean it).

“Ok, ok, let’s just go to school, alright? Harold will live and you boys will get over your insecurities,” She decided walking out the door. I highly doubt we will ever get over out insecurities, but I followed Cora out the door, yelling a goodbye to Glenn and Linda.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, lovers' quarrel perhaps? Lol, I guess not really. Damn, I need more coffee.
More to come with Friday! (It's gonna be tight y'all, in my ego-inflated opinion =])

"Pride" by: Syntax

.Comment on anything!(damn I really need more coffee. I'm so un-clever today, fack)!..

Ok, ok, appreciation then? Two things amaze me: first, all you subscribers that have been reading from the beginning are still reading, and that's amazing! That's incredible and I feel like we've just, *tears up*, we've just been through so much together.

And second of all, it's just as amazing that all you subscribers that came in part way through actually went back to the beginning and read, like, sixty chapters of Robin neurotic babbling! That's, just, wow. Wow. I love you all, you are such bad-ass readers extraordinaires!

K, I'm done now.