Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Seventy Seven: Snow Gear

On Tuesday morning, I woke up and something felt... different, good different. It was lighter in my room this morning. I glanced up at Pink Floyd's prism before pulling myself to my knees and clumsily knocking the radio off my bedside table. I spared the stupid radio a glance, yawned, and sleepily pushed open my curtains.

"Oh nice!" I exclaimed. A thin layer of snow outside had made the world just a little prettier, exciting, and more romantic. I immediately began picturing said romantic scene, featuring Cora and I making snow angels and kissing a great deal. Man, I have got it bad: that was a particularly mushy image. But in the privacy of my head, it's ok to be mushy, right?

Humming "Winter Wonderland" (something else I can do in the private), I picked up my radio and got dressed for the day, keeping the weather primarily in mind. What must be done when dressing for school and snow:

1.) Wear warm, thick socks because otherwise (even if you wear snow boots to school, somehow) your feet are going to get soaked at some point in the day.

2.) Keep waterproof gloves on your person at all times. These are your best friends on snow days at school because it's pretty much inevitable that at some point, somewhere, someone will start a snowball fight. And should you be caught without the proper gear with which to snowball fight, you will be slaughtered.

3.) On these rare days, teachers might let you get away with wearing ski caps in class. So you might as well jump on that opportunity and cram your favourite *toque on your head.

And

4.) If you are a popular target of ridicule (like myself), be prepared to get ice balls shoved down the back of your shirt. Be prepared for unprovoked face washes. Be prepared for icy/slippery surfaces that you could slip on and then consequently fall on your rear to the amusement of everyone else. Even if you have an ass-kicking hottie (like Cora siiigh) by your side, be weary of all these things.

However, since I am ahead of my potential attackers, I could dress accordingly. I pulled on an under tank, turtleneck (to stage off direct skin to ice-ball-down-the-shirt contact) and flannel shirt; thick, warm socks; a black, knitted ski cap; and stuffed some waterproof gloves in my snow jacket pocket it.

Bring it on, douche puppies.

Downstairs I slammed back some juice and considered making coffee to warm me up. I think I might have been overdoing the 'staying warm' business, but snow is kinda special where I live. Outside, I heard an impatient honk. I yanked on my backpack and scuttled out the door and had to squint at the glare of the sun off the snow. Cora was sitting in the rumbling Charger- it's fumes were exaggerated in the cold winter air. I locked the front door and hurried down to her car. Yeah, damn, it wasn't actually that cold out, I was overdressed.

"Hi," Cora chuckled tiredly at me as I bounced in her car.

"Morning!" I said, cheerfully. Excited from the snow and seeing her, I leaned over and planted a kiss on Cora. I drew away and smiled at her, about to start babbling at the snow when Cora grinned her mercilessly sexy grin. She leaned over into my personal space (let's face facts, it doesn't count as "invading" if I actually want her there) and held my face and kissed me; parting her lips and slipping her tongue in my mouth and everything. I contrastingly felt shivery and much warmer at the same time.

Cora drew away and I slowly opened my eyes, heavily under her kissing spell.

"What's with this bullshit huh? I'm going to turn into a popsicle," Cora commented of the snow, wrinkling her nose and smiling beautifully as she backed out of my driveway. I grinned, leaning my head back on the headrest. I suppose a Californian would feel that way about cold weather.

"I bet you'd make a tasty popsicle," My mouth said without thinking. Cora slapped my knee but my comment made her giggle.

The snow didn't detour Cora's insane driving. She sped through the slush, flying right over all the black ice patches in the road. She pulled into her usual parking spot at school and I let out a loud whoosh of air from my lungs, realizing I'd been holding my breath. I mean, anyone else besides Cora would get into a wreck, driving like that in snow.

"Shut up! You don't like my driving, you can walk," Cora laughed at me, grinning. We climbed up onto the sidewalk and Cora slung her arm through mine. You know, as nice as that is, I'd really like to hold her hand. Just... just hold her hand. Like I'm her boyfriend. Siiigh.

Cora took a sip from a travel mug I hadn't noticed before. I blinked and looked at her outfit, realizing that I should notice that too. She was wearing a white ski jacket, dark jeans and black... moon boots?? Holy hell I am so fucking in love with this girl, wow. Moon boots, straight out of, like, Napoleon Dynamite. That is epic.

I made to go to my locker, but then Cora tugged my arm in the band room direction.

"Skip the lockers. I want you alone, immediately," Cora told me straightforwardly, towing me into the band room. My heart pounded and I broke into a grin. Was I dreaming? Fresh snowfall and a horny Cora? Wow.

I let Cora drag me into the practice room (not that I needed dragging but she was in a rush and it was fun getting towed around by her) and I closed the door behind us. She spun around and pushed me against the door, pressing her mouth to mine. Whoa that would have hurt if-

Cora unzipped my jacket and yanked it off my shoulders before I could process any thoughts. Well ok, then! I dropped my backpack and jacket and unzipped her jacket while we jumped into making out. If this was a hint as to what things would have been like yesterday at her house, I hate myself for choosing schoolwork over Cora. Cora wrapped her arms around my shoulders and clutched the back of my neck.

Here's a tip:

Everything I said about dressing for snow days at school, forget all of it if you have a Cora in your life. I was overheating quickly and I cursed my stupid freaking lumberjack outfit.

"Aren't you hot in all that?" Cora said breathlessly between kisses. Holy man! If that wasn't an invitation to get naked, I don't know what is. And this time, even though I was totally thinking about sex, Cora didn't stop the flow of physicality- which, let me tell you, got me even more turned on then I already was.

I hastily unbuttoned my flannel shirt while we kissed all heavily, stumbling over the buttons until Cora helped me out. Yeah, Cora unbuttoned my shirt. And yes, it was incredibly hott. I shed my shirt and I unzipped Cora's sweater. See, she'd been smart: she was wearing a flimsy t-shirt under her sweater; I was still in my stupid turtleneck-

But Cora seemed to want to rectify that as she impatiently pulled the sweater up my torso(!!! Holy shit, go BW! And, yeah, I'd conveniently forgotten/didn't give a flying fart that we were at school). I started to lift my elbows to let her finish the job of taking off my top (since it was totally hott and killing me), when Cora stopped suddenly and looked at me. I looked back at her, breathing heavily.

"... this isn't an opium den," Cora explained her halting, making an unhappy face. I exhaled impatiently and dropped my arms, fixing my shirt. Fuck school! I hate school! What do I need school and an education for?? What I need is Cora's lovin'. Like right now. I slid my hand against Cora's face and kissed her anyway. It wasn't her fault we were stuck at school: I still love her, even when she's trying to get me naked and then realizes she probably shouldn't be. Cora kissed me back and the kissing was still that sexy I-need-you-now kind of kissing. Holy man, she makes me crazy so easily.

"Mmm," Cora started to hum and pulled away from my mouth. "I'm taking you to my house after school and that's the end of that," She informed me firmly, sounding passionately demanding. Which was hott, yes. I just nodded, staring in her fired up, dark blue eyes. Cora smiled beautifully at me, already calming down.

Cora reminded me excitedly that I'd said we'd record our live song today. We stole the front practice room with the good software and I set up the microphones, focusing intensely on the nonsexual task at hand. I had to in order to keep my horny, boy virgin body under control.

I set up the software on the computer and had Cora play whatever came to her mind for five minutes. She played these almost hymn-like chords that blew me away just a little. Typical Cora, fack- rendering me speechless with everything she does. I played the track on the computer, listening to it through headphones, and recorded myself playing guitar ornaments on top of the piano track.

When it was finished, we actually fought over who should get the prominent-sounding track. I wanted the piano to stand out and Cora wanted the guitar ornaments to stand out. Eventually we settled on a middle ground and I swallowed my modesty and let the guitar ornaments ring over the piano chords. Damn, Cora has a good ear for arranging music- that sounded better than the version I wanted.

Honestly, if I didn't love the girl and wasn't dying to just tear off her clothes and make love to her, I really would hate Cora.

Before class ended, I yanked off my turtleneck (trying to be cool by keeping my back to Cora so I couldn't check to see if she was looking at me in my loose, under tank top) and moved slowly to put on my flannel shirt. Suddenly I felt Cora's hand on my waist and I felt a bolt of attraction shoot through my chest.

I glanced over my shoulder, trying to look casual, but blinked when I realized she was right behind me, closer than I'd thought. She smiled this beautifully wicked grin at me and then kissed my bare shoulder. That sent an even more intense bolt of attraction through me, since she's (obviously) never kissed any of my bare, bodily skin before. I immediately and greedily wanted more.

"Put your clothes on BW. Now is not the time," She teased me and left my side. I made a face and pulled on my flannel shirt. It was too warm in the school for a turtleneck; I'd have to just take the chance of getting an ice ball down my back. Maybe Cora would punch whoever did it and make all other conspirators think twice. That'd be awesome.

When the bell rang, Cora and I walked to her locker. The atmosphere at school today was considerably cheerier and more excited than usual, since there was snow on the ground and everything. Teenagers, generally speaking, love snow because it could mean:

1.) No school. Sometimes, if you're lucky enough to get a real dump of snow (and don't live in, say, Alaska where snow is a permanent fixture).

2.) Play fighting with the sex you're attracted to, which is always good.

3.) Hot chocolate, fireplaces, and making out. All that romantic stuff.

I leaned against some closed lockers while Cora opened hers. I looked down the hall, watching to see if Minnie and Harold would show up and do something adorable like giggling about the snow or holding hands or something.

"Hi Cora,"

My head spun around automatically. Hayley (that British artist that had her sharpies inducted into the LOVE club once), was walking toward Cora and I. Cora stood up and smiled.

"Hey Hale," She said. Damn, I have kind of wanted to know a Hayley (or Hailey, however you want to spell it) well enough so that I could nick name her 'Hail'. Cora was demonstrating that it sounded as cool as I'd thought.

Wait a minute, since when were they friends?? I mean, yeah Cora's cool and outgoing, but I hog pretty much all of her time and attention. Wow, she'd managed to make friends even with me hindering her chances by attaching myself to her hip.

"... and hi Robin," Hayley said, giving me a small smile. It was one of those moments where you are bound by social convention to greet the other people in a group, even if you only want to talk to the one person. Whatever, I didn't care. Hayley sounds like Keira Knightly so she can talk any way she freaking wants as long as keeps talking.

"Hi," I smiled. Talk more, your accent is hott.

"Um, Cora guess what?" Hayley said, turning attention back to Cora. Cora shook her head.

"What?" She smiled.

"I got into that art show at the library," Hayley smiled happily. This chick is something else. She was excited, but had a very calm, understated demeanor about her. I like her; I want her to like me too.

"Ah! Hayley! Congrats," Cora celebrated, grinning.

"Yeah that's awesome," I interjected, even though I didn't know what art show they were talking about. Cora shot me a knowing look, smiling crookedly.

"Thanks," Hayley grinned at both of us. Nice, I think she likes me a little better.

"Anyway, I wanted to give you an invitation," Hayley said, mostly talking to Cora again. She handed Cora a flyer. Cora looked it over interestingly.

"It'd be cool if you could come. I'm kind of nervous about it," Hayley said, wrinkling her nose. Dude, her voice is sooo hott.

"I'm there. Don't even worry about it," Cora said definitively. Hayley grinned.

"K, cool. I'll see ya later," She said.

"Bye," Cora grinned.

"Um, bye Robin," She said to me, a little awkwardly. I don't blame her: I am an awkward person and she doesn't know me.

"Bye," I called after her as she walked away. Cora put the art show pamphlet in her purse and walked me to my locker. As we were walking (and Cora's hand was in its place on my elbow and not in my hand like I wish it was), I was struck with this weird feeling:

I wanted to go with Cora to the art show, and I was hoping she'd ask me... but not so much because of the art show itself (although I did want to persuade Hayley to be my friend and see her art), but more because I wanted Cora to want me to go with her. As like... a date. Or more... like a couple. It's strange, it seemed so simple and easy to do, but it made me sad because the reality of it is, is that Cora and I aren't a couple. Even if we went to the art show together, we still wouldn't be a couple and I'd be wishing that I could hold her hand or just... just be free to draw the PDA line on my own (and consequently make a douche puppy out of myself by constantly hugging her or something).

Cora leaned against the lockers to the right of me, her legs bent out at sexy angles, filling me in on her and Hayley's friendship. I forget that Cora has a life outside of me. Just because she is the entire focus of my life, doesn't mean I am of hers. Which is fair enough, I guess, since the way I obsess about Cora is a tad unhealthy-

"Hey Robin,"

Again, my head whipped around. Only this time, it wasn't out of eagerness. It was out of shock and displeasure. Amanda smiled at me.

"... hi Cora," She added tentatively. Whoa, ok, I might have misread the Hayley situation: maybe she wants to like me but just doesn't know me and that's why she was awkward when she was addressing me earlier. Because the way Amanda was addressing Cora now was definitely chillier and unfriendly. Bitch.

"Hi," Cora said in a strange voice, but genuinely smiled a tired smile at Amanda.

"Um, Robin?" Amanda said, talking to me again. I looked at her, apprehensive.

"Are you busy after school?" She said. I was about to tell her a very firm 'yes' but she plowed on too quickly.

"Because I was looking over our poster, and I think we did some things wrong? But I dunno, I need your help," She told me, biting her lip anxiously at me and pushing all that red hair off her face. What the hell was she doing??

"Uh..." I stalled. I could just make Cora out of my periphery, adjusting her position against the lockers.

I was stuck, painfully tortured, ripped in two searing pieces: on the one hand, FUCK THAT SHIT Amanda! Cora, this, this girl right over here, wants to "teach" me how to be sexual and I'm in love with her, so nothing short of the fucking apocalypse is taking me away from that.

And on the other hand, schoolwork is the apocalypse of all our social lives. God, its official: you and I are no longer on speaking terms. I am pissed right off!

"Ok," I gave in, my voice completely depressed.

"So I'll pick you up after school?" Amanda chirped.

"Yeah," I grunted, my mood totally black.

"K, cool. See ya later," She said to me and gave Cora a smile as she walked away. I watched Cora watch Amanda walk away then slide her gaze shiftily over to me.

"You little asshole. Blowing me off, right in front of me," Cora said, part teasing, part serious. She smiled anciently.

It was just too much. I started banging my forehead against the closed locker next to mine. The pain was nothing compared to the actual tangible opportunity to get naked with Cora being ripped violently from my hands.

"Stop that," Cora commanded for my own good, pinching my arm. I stopped banging my head against the lockers and looked at Cora, but she wasn't looking at me. She was looking over the art show pamphlet.

God? You're an a-hole. You better make this up to me, or we are done.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have realized something: in the context of Robin's world, I am his God (since, you know, I created everything in his world and stuff) ((whoa. I have serious ego issues, considering myself the God of anything)). But anyway, hehe, yes I am being an asshole right now, Robin. But I have a master plan *taps fingers together in Monty Burns fashion*

BTW *toque= excellent Canadian word for "ski cap". Pronounced like the word "took", but with the emphasized "ooo' sound. (Man, I'm shit no good at explaining phonetics. Hopefully you get it hehe!)

Even though my part of the world is getting warmer, Robin's part is getting coolder (any Aussie readers out there??). Oh where is Robin's world? Good question. His town is your town, wherever you may be, darling readers. Yep, there's a Robin somewhere near you! =} <3!

Okey dokey: Winter Wonderland has been covered by tons of artists (both shitty and awesome and all in between) so you can go ahead and listen to your favourite cover! Here are two suggestions (that are by no means the best covers lol, but they definitely aren't the worst):
"Winter Wonderland" by Phantom Planet or Jason Mraz. Personally, I'm more Phantom Planet than Jason Mraz, but that's really only because I heard their cover first hehe. (I kind of have this thing about finding modern artists' covers of traditional Christmas songs. I have a bunch on a homemade Christmas cd around here... somewhere... *looks around self for CD binder from IKEA*
Also: instrumental bitter-sweetness: "Streamside" by: The Album Leaf (they have some beaauutiful music in their catalogue)
And for fun, found randomly: "Change" by: The Young Veins? I dunno, dudes from Panic! at the Disco making some actually worthwhile music (whoa sorry! music snobbery slipping out there)

For the Hayley conversation: "Why Can't We Be Friends" by either War or Smash Mouth

For the Amanda conversation: Jolene (cover) by: The White Stripes. Ok, ordinarily, I'm not a White Stripes fan, but the cover of this song is just... its incredible. I've been listening to it for, like, three months solid (which is unusual cuz usually, you know, you get sick of a song after a couple of weeks). Anyway, this version of Jolene is pretty much Amanda's freakin' theme in my head. This song was the reason why I gave the popular bi-otch red hair hehe.

.Comment on snow days and these craz-ay conversations!! (and is anyone reading from Australia and it's getting colder there??)..