Robin, Boy Virgin: Original Series

Eighty Four: Lemon Overload

I hastily pushed the guitar out of the way to march over to the door. I was going to freaking scour the halls and send her a million text messages until I found her-

The practice room door opened as I reached for the door handle and Cora appeared in the door way. She blinked her hard blue eyes at me and my heart instinctively raced, deep and exaggerated, when I saw her. And, oh great, she's wearing the Pink Floyd t-shirt today. I wanted to just grab her and kiss her, kicking the door shut behind us. I wanted to feel her slender Cora fingers in my hair and I wanted her to tease me and call me BW while I kissed her neck-

"Hey," Cora chuckled at me, walking past me to enter the practice room. "Were you goin' somewhere?" She asked.

"Uh, no," I lied. But my reason for leaving was now my reason for staying, so I closed the practice room door. Cora sat down in her chair instead of at the piano bench and took a swig of tea from her travel mug. I watched her swish her tea around in her mouth while her curly-wavy hair fell sexily back in her face from the action of taking a drink.

"Cora, are you ok?" I asked seriously, sitting down in my chair. Ok, here we go. Cora raised her eyebrows at me.

"Um...yeah?" She said obviously. I didn't buy it. She might be a good actress but I know her better now.

"You sure? Cuz you kinda...acted really weird yesterday," I told her, leaning forward and bracing my elbows on my knees. Cora raised her eyebrows even more at me and put her travel mug down. I swallowed nervously but kept my serious face on.

"Say what?" She brushed off jokingly. Not buying it, Cor. I shook my head insistently.

"No you were. You went crazy on me, Cora, and I want to know what's up," I said bluntly. Cora blinked and then suddenly leaned her arm casually against the back of her chair. Looking far too sexy and effectively making me lose some of my gutsiness.

"I went crazy," She clarified, beautifully sarcastic and raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes," I said firmly and then swallowed nervously. "Are you... like..." I actually started to ask about her possibly being on her period and then immediately clamped my mouth shut when I realized what I was about to say. I might be a total boy virgin idiot, but I do know better than to ask a girl if she's crazy cuz she's on her rag. I'll keep my balls, thanks; I'd rather they didn't get kicked back up into my body.

"Let me ask you this," Cora said breezily, holding up her index finger. I don't like the way this is going, Cora was demonstrating her keen ability to be cool and smart in every single situation she encounters.

"Amanda. Does she or does she not like you?" Cora asked, her face expecting one specific answer. Ummmmm-

"Uh, she, she did," I confessed.

"Mhm. And who was right about that from the very beginning?" Cora asked rhetorically, looking up at the ceiling. Uhhhh-

"You were-" I admitted frowning.

"So how am I the crazy one, when I predicted something that came true and you were the one in complete denial about it?" Cora asked me. Shit! Um, what was my point again?? Goddamn it, because, yeah, right now what Cora was saying was true-

"And who was also right about the best friends with benefits situation being kind of totally heart breaking for one of us?" Cora went on, pointing a wiggling index finger at herself. Her eyes stared at me, cold and hard as ice.

Ok. Right there. There's the crazy. I actually started chuckling.

"Whyare you laughing?"Cora demanded. And, oh my God, she sounded legitimately upset. That immediately sobered me up.

"Cor, I'm laughing because I couldn't care lessabout Amanda. I am so not... into her at all," I said. I'm more into the blue eyed rock goddesses who deny me my sexual liberation while being far too sexy for their own good.

Cora blinked at this development.

"But I thought you said she asked you out to a concert??" She demanded.

"Oh, yeah, she did," I agreed. Cora blinked some more and then narrowed her eyes at me and leaned forward in her chair.

"... are you telling me little miss popularity asked you out and you said no?" Cora demanded. Uhhh, why did she sound angry??

"Um, ye-yeah?" I said, frowning at her, feeling my nerves tense up. Cora blinked and dropped her mouth open at me. She threw up her hands and let them slap back down on those long legs of hers.

"Why the hell would you do that??" Cora demanded of me. I,I,WHAT?!

"I, er, because I, I, I don't like her! I love-"

"Robin, are you serious??" Cora said shaking her hands at me, like I was completely blind and stupid and she was thoroughly frustrated with me. My breathing was getting shallow as a symptom of my confusion and nervousness.

"Why would you turn her down?? I mean, she's pretty and popular and if you dated her, guess what? All the bitches that are so awful to you would stop being awful! Don't you see that??" Cora practically pleaded. Uhhhh.... what? That point was... it...

"UM-" I tried to say but Cora raked her hands through her hair and made a very frustrated noise. She looked me in the eye and held her hands out sharply.

"Look you want a girlfriend, right? You want a girl to fall in love with and give your virginity to, right??" Cora demanded.

"Um, actually-" I tried to say that I don't want any old freaking girlfriend, I wanted her.

"Well, fuck!! Amanda is practically begging you to be her boyfriend! It would be perfect; it would be everything that you wanted!" Cora exclaimed, exasperated and upset. I stared at her, trying not to keep from laughing in shock and relief.

"... I... Cora!" And I epically failed. I started laughing because I didn't know what else to do!

"What the fuck are you laughing at, you asshole??" Cora exclaimed, sounding upset and very... girl-like.

"I'm laughing at you!" I said. Before Cora could burst a blood vessel and punch me, I barrelled on. "That's what all this is about?? Because you think I like Amanda back?? Cora, I don't want Amanda, I want you for all those things!" I exclaimed, taking my turn at being exasperated with her beautiful blindness and stupidity.

Cora stared at me for a long moment and then stood up. I stood up too; ready to sweep her into my arms for a romantic, make-up kiss-

"You. Are. Stupid," Cora stated simply. Her hard eyes glared into mine and looked like she was actually fighting back tears. I blinked at this dramatically sharp and unpleasant turn.

"Wha-" I started to say but she was moving toward the door. "Where are you going??" I demanded in a rush.

"I dunno I just gotta go," Cora said, her voice catching over angry emotion.

"What?? No, Cora-" I said but she was out the door and running across the band room. I yanked open the door to run after her but then my body stopped me in my tracks. I gripped the handle tightly and then fell, stiff legged, back into my chair.

If I ran after her now, with our emotions running high and crazy and closed-minded, I'd only make things worse. I needed to just...calm down and try and, and look at things rationally. Decode Cora's upset argument and figure out what it really meant. Ugh, I didn't want Cora to be upset. I wanted her to be happy! I wanted her to just let me freaking be in love with her without any problems!

But maybe if I can conquer this mountain of lemons, Cora will be in love with me right back. Maybe. Maybe.

If she'd stop being crazy for, like, two seconds, maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cora!! What was all that about?! (Actually, you and I are the only ones that know what that was really about so shhh!).
For now- poor Robin! Our poor little hero *pats him on the back consolingly*
Readers- fear not, Robin's gonna be a hero and Cora is going to make sense again...
or will they?!

K, done with that hehe. I'll probably update more later so as not to leave Robin hanging in agony =]

"Devil in the Detail" by: The Ambience Affair. It's got a good, angst-y, confused vibe to it.
"Behind Blue Eyes"(cover) by: Limp Bizkit.
And I'm a hypocrite: "Fix You" by: Coldplay. Damn, it fits! What could I do? (Stop being a music snob over a song that's not worth music snobbery? Ok, ok)

.Comments? Any ideas as to why Cora's acting this way??...