Teardrops on my pointe shoes, guitar and mask

The Flower of Carnage

Petra woke up to the sound of the door closing in their bedroom.

“Eh?” She said quietly, as she patted around to see if Kai was still hugging her in a protective manner. He still was, and his face was buried in her hair. So it wasn’t him. Her hand then went to the night table. There was something different on it. It was a book. She gasped, as she sat up quickly, holding the book in her hands.

“Huh?” Kai snorted, as his palms grasped her sides.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, as he tried to sit up as well.

“Oh, no, nothing, Dimple.” She told him sweetly. Dimple is his new nickname. Petra pushed him down on the bed again.

“Just going to pee.” She cooed, as she kissed his forehead. Kai giggled, as his arms released her.

“Don’t be long.” He yawned, rolling on his side. Petra smiled, as she took the book and got out of the room. Maggie was waiting in the hall, leaning against the wall. When she saw Petra, she grinned and yawned.

“It’ll give you the creeps. Finished in five hours.”

“Hah. I bet I can do better.” Petra snorted, whispering.

“Whatever.” Maggie grinned, as she turned around.

“Where are you going?” Petra asked her.

“Back to bed. I need Yuu-kun. Happy reading.”

“Thanks.”

Petra watched as Maggie prowled back to her room, admiring her cat-like grace even when she was tired. She then walked down the stairs to the kitchen. On the counter, just above the sing, was a little light, so she could read and not be disturbed, or won’t disturb anyone. Plus, even though she didn’t want to admit it, the sink was a nice strategic position. You could see all the doors that led from the kitchen- living room, front door, back door, basement door. P.S plus, there were a new set of sharp knives just an arm-reach from her. Petra settled on the little space just before the sink, and looked at the watch. It was 3:14.

“How ironic.” She muttered to herself, running her fingers over the cover of the “Nine horror tales for a good night sleep.” She sighed, as she opened the book and started reading.

The first horror was called “Bathtub.” Petra lifted and eyebrow at the title, her face cracking in a smile. But as she read more and more into the horror, her right hand started inching to the knives, as the shadows around her grew bigger.

“You’re being stupid. You’ve been in scarier situations that this one.” She said to herself.

The ghost-murderer was about to show up. With a deep breath, Petra looked up after reading the words “shadow in the mirror.” She breathed out shakily, as she looked around. A car went pass their house at the moment, its lights illuminating the inside of the house.

There was a shadow standing in the middle of the kitchen, looking at her.

Petra jumped back, getting stuck in the sink, her left hand letting the book fall on the ground, as the right one grabbed two knives, handing one to the left hand. With a gasp, she flipped them, the light of the car flashing off the blades. Her pupils were dilated, and there was a great mix of fear, anger and hate in them.

“Pet-chan?” The shadow asked worriedly.

“Dimple?” She asked, as she pointed the light at it. Kai covered his face to shield his eyes.

“God.” She breathed out, her hands falling limp, the knives clattering on the ground. Kai walked in the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” He asked her, as he slowly came in and picked up the knives.

“You scared me like hell.” She ignored his question, as she tried to get out of the sink.

“Oh crap. I’m stuck.” Kai giggled.

“Can I take a photo?” He asked and laughed, when he received a glare. Petra held her hands out to him, opening and closing her palms like a baby.

“Come help me.”

“With pleasure.” He said with a cute smile, one of his hands went around her waist, but then Petra pointed on the ground.

“First pick up the book, please.” She said, as she placed her head on his shoulder, and pushed him down. Kai picked it up and read the title.

“Nine horror stories? Why are you reading this?” He chuckled quietly, as he closed it and placed it on the counter.

“It caught my interest. The title.” Petra defended herself, as she looked away, blushing.

“In the night?” He asked skeptically.

“Maggie just finished reading it.” She continued.

“You are silly and weird.” He told her, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“And that is why I’m still shocked you want to be with me.” Petra said, as she encircled her legs around his hips.

“Okay, and now…pull.” She commanded him, as she pressed herself more to him. Kai complied, but it didn’t work. They both grunted, and Petra whimpered surprisingly, as Kai’s hand went down to her butt, trying to get it out.

“Sorry.” He apologized, as he fleetingly kissed her neck.

“It’s okay, continue.”

“Oh, god guys, do that in bed.” A new voice snorted. Kai and Petra both jumped up in shock, which freed Petra from the sink.

“We wash dishes in there, you know.” A male voice said, as they turned around to find Maggie and Aoi on the staircase, looking amused.

“What are you doing here?” Petra asked, hiding her face in Kai’s shirt.

“I heard something fall in the kitchen, so we came to check it out, to find you two…well…”

“Preparing to do it in the sink.” Aoi said bluntly, as he held up his hand, for Maggie to clap it. She did, with a grin, as she then took it and pulled him to the stairs again, seeing everything was okay.

Petra and Kai were left in the kitchen in complete silence, before they heard a thumping sound.

“So…since from the shock, we’re full of energy, we have to burn it off somehow.” Kai muttered huskily.

“Oh? And how’s that?” Petra teased, as he turned around with her still clinging to his hips, to turn off the light. He intentionally pressed into her, when leaning on the counter, earning him a moan. Petra slowly nibbled on his neck, making him giggle. She then licked him, with Kai growling, as he went up the stairs.

“But I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” Petra faked innocence, as Kai opened the door to their bedroom.

“Well…it involves me, you, a bed, and no clothing.”

“That sounds hot. Let me finish the chapter.”

“Eh?”