Amber's Back!

Amber's Back

The Gazette crew was lounging around after recording another song. Ruki, Uruha and Aoi were sitting on a big couch, drinking coffee, since it was morning; Kai was talking to Reita, who was checking his tabs, playing the music in his head.

“Good Moo~orning!” Came a singsong voice from the hall and a girl skipped into the room. She was wearing skinny jeans and a shirt, which was unbuttoned and showing a t-shirt under it. Her brown curly hair was up in a ponytail and she had a hat on her head. Her brown eyes sparkled, as she saw Aoi and grinned.

“Morning, Missy.” Ruki, Uruha, Kai and Reita waved at her and greeted her at the same time.

“Creepy? I think so.” She said with a laugh as she skipped to Aoi and sat in his lap.

“And a special good morning to you.” She said huskily to Aoi, as she took off her hat, placed it on the side of her head and kissed Aoi, so the hat would hide them from Uruha.

“Eww, we know you’re kissing, and Ruki can even see you!” Exclaimed Uruha with a laugh. Instantly, Aoi and Missy’s hand shot up and covered the other side of their faces.

“And where’s your another companion? You did eat her, did you?” Asked Kai.

“Unfortunately no, and I had to hear out every freaking thing Missy has in plan for Aoi. Seriously. Ew.” Said a tired looking girl from the door. Her rich, black curls were falling down her back and over her shoulder. Her golden eyes flashed from behind her glasses, as she had red pants and a long, black shirt with a skeleton and a flower on it. She was sipping dark coffee.

“Lucy-chan! Still not after your brain-eating mood?” Asked Ruki with a grin. Lucy glared at him, as she walked over to Reita.

“I would eat yours, but you don’t have one, dumbass.” She mumbled, as she hugged Reita around the waist. Reita smiled, wrapped his around Lucy and placed his chin on her head. By that time Aoi and Missy stopped kissing.

“Well, good morning to you too.” Aoi said with a smirk, as he leaned his forehead against hers.

“Ew.” Said Uruha. They turned to him at the same time.

“What? If Amber was here, you two would’ve been doing the same thing.” Shot Missy.

“Okay, first off, IF Amber was here, which she isn’t and second of all, it’s not like we’re dating or something.”

“Oh, yeah, you just have a crush on her, that’s all.” Ruki said.

“Shut up.” Uruha beat hip off, while the others laughed.

“Yeh, where is Amber, by the way?” Asked Kai.

“She said she’s going for a little walk. You know her. Plus, it’s about this time of the year she collects the mistletoe. One of her freakish traditions. I would say.” Said Lucy, as she baby fed Reita from her coffee cup.

“And we’re disgusting.” Shot Aoi with a smug grin. Reita just glared at him.

“Yeh, Aoi, shut up.” Lucy joined him, as she hopped on the table Reita was leaning on and leaned on his shoulder.

“So, yeah…you think I could leave Amber a message?” Uruha asked.

“Sure. I’ll pass it along.” Missy volunteered.

“No...I meant that I would leave her a message, as in a piece of paper.”

“A letter. How utterly romantic.” Exclaimed Missy in a fake, but perfect British accent. Lucy took out her keys from her back pocket and threw them over to Uruha.

“Sure. And Missy, look who’s talking. Who got asked out by a guy who played a guitar serenade under our balcony?”

Uruha stood up and left the building. Yes, he was completely in love with his manager’s best friend. Amber was a smart and hyper girl. She went on extreme walks like this one, she does adrenaline sports and she’s a scientist. Plus, she’s incredibly pretty, hot, cute and sexy at the same time. Can someone be like that? Shut up, he told himself. He’s blabbering too much. Lucy, Missy and Amber’s apartment wasn’t far away, so he risked it by walking. When did he fall in love with Amber, anyway? Was it the first time he saw her? Or the first time she started hanging around with them? Honestly, he doesn’t know, but when it happened, Dr. Amber Gibbs didn’t have a clue. Uruha sighed as he opened the front door of the apartment house. Their apartment was on a high story, so he took the elevator. What did he want to leave her, anyway? Hey, Amber, listen, I’m kinda in love with you? Or maybe, Hey, baby, I wanna see some more of your skin…under mine. Okay…he should seriously stop hanging around with Aoi and Missy. They’re too perverted for their own good. When he opened their door, he found out it wasn’t locked. Lucy always locks twice. Which means…Uruha quickly opened the door to find a girl with golden-brown hair in a straight ponytail, cutting up pieces of mistletoe. Her hair was messy and she had pieces of leaves and branches sticking out of it. Her normally pale face was now darkened with dirt, she had a scratched cheek and her clothing was torn.

“Well look what the cat dragged in…Literally.” He said, trying to control the urge of running over to her and squeezing, maybe kissing her senseless. Amber lifted her head and looked at Uruha with her hazel, now wide, eyes.

“Uru-chan!” She squealed in delight, as she ran over to him and jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his waist. Uruha laughed and had to grab her around the hips, so she wouldn’t fall. Amber wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Oh, I missed you!” She whispered, as she squeezed his neck and laid her head on his shoulder.

“Believe it or not, I missed you, too.” He said with a smile, as he stepped into the apartment and closed the door behind them. Amber jumped down and smiled cheekily at him.

“How you’ve been?” She asked him, as she took his hand and led him to the couch.

“Ah pretty good. I bet you’ve been wild.” He said with a smile, as he brushed the scar on her cheek.

“Oh it was just awesome! There’s so much to talk about, we would be stuck here all day.” She laughed and smiled again.

“Well…how about I’ll take you out for dinner and you’ll be able to tell me everything there?” He took the leap. There were only two options. Either she would accept and they would go on a date, or she would refuse. Well, she could stab him with the scary looking scythe she was using to cut up the mistletoe, too.

“You mean…like a date?” She asked him.

“Um…sure.”

“Why not? When?” She smiled. He landed on the other side safely.

“Well…whenever you want, I’m free for you.” He grinned at her and Amber’s cheeks fired up a bit.

“How about today? The memories won’t be so fresh if we go another day. Fancy or funny kind of date?” She asked.

“Hm…fancy.” He shot. Maybe if he will show he’s serious, she’ll be serious too.

“Ooh, that means…” She looked at her watch.

“Holey Moley! I got half a day for preparing! I’m afraid I’ll have to kick you out now, if you want me pretty and fresh.”

“I wouldn’t care if you’re fresh, you’re pretty always.” And I want you always, too, he added in his mind. Amber laughed.

“Such a charmer. And, while you’re at it, could you tell Missy and Lucy I’m here and I would like to see them? And say hi to everybody from me.” She smiled, as she opened the door for him.

“So I’ll pick you up at 7?” He asked.

“Yes, that would be good. Can’t wait.” She muttered mischievously, as she leaned in and kissed his cheek.

“See ya.” She winked at him before closing the door. She leaned on it after and bit her lower lip, smiling. She’ll start dating Uruha today. Something to look forward to. Amber squealed in delight, as she skipped to the living room and returned to the mistletoe cutting.

“Argh! I don’t know which to pick!”

“Okay, first, drop the pirate dictionary. Guys don’t think it’s hot. Second, what did he say?”

“Fancy, he said fancy.”

“Which kind of fancy?”

“No.”

“Not even restaurant type?”

“NO!”

“Okay, sorry, no need to get angry.”

“No, it’s not your fault.” Amber sighed desperately as she sank onto the bed. She attempted to comb her hair with both of her hands, but then she realized she had some freaky goo Missy gave her, so they would be wavy. With a desperate look, she glared at the two dresses in front of her. The first one was a black kimono with purple and grey flowers, while the other one was a traditional purple evening gown. It was a spaghetti strap dress to her ankles.

“I think I will go with the purple one.” Amber mused, as she stood up and measured the dress to her body. Missy leaned back on her arms and crossed her legs.

“Yes, probably that will do the trick. It looks hot and classic. But what to do with your hair?”

“Leave that to me.” Lucy called from the door.

“Hey Luc! What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be on a date with Akira?” Missy asked, surprised.

“Yes, we are. And he’s here. We rented a DVD and we’re going to watch it; but I found you two here. So I’m going to be a best friend and I’ll help you, slash, I’m trying to get you out of here as soon as possible. Guys, it’s 6:50 p.m. and Amber, Kouyou’s going to be here precisely at 7 p.m. You better move, hun.”

“Reita’s here?” Amber asked.

“Hi guys.” Reita’s voice came from the living room.

“Hi!” They answered back.

“Now, let’s get moving. Amber, you go get dressed, Missy help her. I’m going to get some hair stuff and think up a hairstyle. Let’s get sparkling, ladies!” She snapped her fingers and flew out of the room.

“Come here.” Missy commanded Amber, as she took off her shirt. Amber sported a grey bra with the number 36 on it. Missy looked at it for a minute, before sliding her jerseys down a bit, so they would reveal black girl boxers. Then she stood up.

“You’ll need a new bra.” She said, as she opened their walk-in closet. She disappeared for a minute, and then she came out with a strapless, black, lacy bra.

“Mine, don’t tear it up.” She told her, as she threw the bra at her. Amber’s cheeks reddened.

“What do you think we’ll be doing?”

“That’s something you know, I know, and Kouyou knows. That means, it’s a secret.” Missy pressed her finger to her lips. Amber turned away from Missy and took off her bra. She could hear Missy snort.

“Oh, as if I haven’t seen those before.” Amber laughed and threw the bra she took off at her. They quickly got her in the dress, when Lucy came inside.

“You’ll look beautiful, honey.” She cooed, when she saw a nervous Amber standing in front of the mirror. She pushed her down in a chair and started working on her hair.

Uruha stepped out of the limousine, before the apartment house. He sighed deeply, looked at himself one more time, and checked the bouquet of red roses, before stepping into the house. He took the elevator again. Inside, he thought of everyway to start the date, and of course, the results. The elevator opened with a ring and he stepped out. He took a deep breath again, before knocking on the door. There were a few pitter patters and one high-heel clacking, as Lucy opened the door.

“Kouyou!” She smiled at him.

“Hey, Lucy-chan!” He said, surprised.

“I’m here to pick up…Amber? Is she here?”

“Oh, she is…and she looks, mind-blowing.” She told him and mimed her head blowing up with her hands.

“She looks like that always.” He smiled.

“Shima-chan!” Missy called from the bedroom.

“Hey Missy.” He greeted her.

“Hey, Kouyou.” Reita appeared from the kitchen with popcorn in his hands.

“Akira. What are you doing here?” He asked, even more surprised.

“I’m on a date with Lucy. It hasn’t started yet, so I’m thinking about going home.”

“Oh no, you aren’t.” Lucy said with a laugh.

“Should I await Aoi coming out from the toilet?” He asked with a laugh. He heard laughs, but there was only one, a sweet, bell-like laughter, which interested him the most.

“Hey, Uru-chan. Sorry for the wait with the crazy people here.” Called Amber. She was wearing a classic purple dress, which came down to her ankles. As she walked, he could see the black heels she had on her feet. Her golden-brown hair was shining and was falling down to her shoulders in small waves. She looked stunning.

“Amber…” His throat went dry, as he searched for words.

“You look…um…”

“Horrible, ugly?” She asked him with a laugh.

“No! You look…great!” He found the word and mentally slapped himself. Great? HE realized he was crushing the roses in his hand.

“Oh, and…um…I brought you these.” He said, as she showed them to her. Amber gasped, as she took them from him. Under the roses, she grabbed his hand, squeezed it and smiled at him reassuringly.

“Oh, my god.” They’re beautiful.” She breathed, as she let his hand go and brought the roses to her face. She inhaled their scent- they smelled so good.

“Thank you.” She leaned ever to kiss his cheek, but when she leaned back, Reita exploded in laughter.

“What is it, Bonkura?” She asked him, annoyed. Amber looked at Uruha again, to see she left him a lipstick smudge.

“I think I gave you a little more than I intended to.” She laughed embarrassedly, as she brushed off the lipstick off his cheek. He laughed too.

“I think I should put these in a vase.” Amber mused, as she turned around, only to meet Missy’s hand grabbing the bouquet.

“Oh, no, you’re going now. I’ll put the roses.” She winked at Amber.

“You two lovebirds go. And make me and Aoi proud!”

“Oh, god we won’t.” Uruha and Amber said at the same time. Everybody laughed.

“Well then, have a nice time. But I think I wanna start my own date and the popcorn is getting cold.” Said Reita, as he draped an arm around Lucy’s waist and pulled her to the living room.

“Bye guys!” Lucy managed to call.

“Comon, Uru-chan. You lead.” Uruha offered Amber his hand and she took it gladly. As they walked into the elevator, there was a weird silence between them.

“I hope it’s fancy enough.” She said to him, as she pressed the button and the elevator doors closed.

“You’re perfect.” He complimented her. Amber’s cheeks reddened.

“I hope you’ll like the restaurant.”

“I’m sure I’ll love it.” She smiled up at him and took his hand in hers.

“Don’t worry, Uru-chan. I’ll enjoy this for sure.” She squeezed his hand and smiled. He felt relaxed, as the door opened and they stepped out of the elevator.

The date went well. The Italian restaurant Uruha picked was very nice and the food there was tasty. Amber talked and talked and talked, and Uruha listened to everything she had to say. She talked about everything that happened to her- how a male panda came near her camping place and she had to abandon everything. How the nights were cold, but very comfortable up on the highest branches of the trees. How she met the male panda later and had to run away from him. How she climbed up the highest tree and from its top she cut off the mistletoe. Uruha interrupted her only once, when her margarita pizza was going cold. While she ate, he talked. Talked about everything, how he thought up another song, how they recorded the song, how Missy and Lucy missed her. It was a very pleasant dinner and time flew by and they were back at her apartment by 11 pm.

“I really had a good time. No, I’m lying, I had a fantastic time.” She told him in the elevator. The door opened.

“You know that I had a great time, too. But I don’t believe that you ran away from a panda.”

“Aww, why not!? It’s true!” She yelled at him with a laugh. He laughed too. Amber twirled slowly and smiled at him, as she stepped out of the elevator. Uruha smiled at her and followed her lead. Amber smiled and leaned against the door.

“So…” Amber started.

“So…” Uruha continued. Amber noticed how close Uruha was standing to her. She had to lean back her head so she would be able to look into his eyes. Amber then noticed a piece of green leaves dangling just above his head.

“Eh? What’s that?” She reached out to touch the leaves, but Uruha’s hand covered hers, and pulled it down, as his eyes were widened.

“Mistletoe.” He said quietly.

“Oh.” Amber’s heart started beating very fast. Oh. God. Is she going to kiss Uruha?

“Look, Amber, you…you don’t have to kiss me if you don’t want to. I won’t-“

“Hypothec ally speaking.” Amber interrupted him.

“What if I would want to kiss you?” She asked, as her throat went dry. Uruha looked even more shocked.

“I would hypothec ally kiss you.” He answered.

“Good, because I want to kiss you, too.” She breathed, as she jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulled his head down to hers. Uruha pressed her lips to his. He put on of his hands on her cheek, while the other one wrapped around her waist and pressed her little body to his. Amber tilted her head on one side, so she could be even closer to him. She kissed him as if she was in an Olympics challenge and she was planning on getting a medal. There were only two things she could hear. Uruha’s breathing, which was one of the most important things right now, and the TV from the inside. The hand, which was on Amber’s face, slowly took the keys out of her hand. That was when she broke the kiss. She pressed her forehead against his.

“Wait…” She panted.

“Somebody…someone’s inside.” She told him between the kisses she sent on his jaw.

“Crap.” He whispered. Amber slowly stopped kissing him.

“So…” She started with a grin.

“Can I go around calling myself the girlfriend of the hottest guy and guitarist on earth?” She asked him cheekily. He answered back with a grin.

“Only if I can go around calling myself the boyfriend of the only angel in this universe.”

“Oh, so corny.” They laughed.

“But I agree. So…” Her voice got huskier.

“See ya tomorrow?” She asked him.

“Definitely.” He kissed her again.

“Good night.” She whispered.

“Night.” He looked at her once more before stepping into the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uruha One-shot :) Please enjoy :)