Status: um this is going to be a short story

Big mistake

The Finish.

Chrissy's POV

This night certainly wasn't turning out how I expected it. I wanted to spend it with Jerry, so ...of course he was nowhere to be found. I wanted to kiss him, and maybe find the courage to at least mutter the word love...but again,that could only happen if I had even the slightest inkling as to where he was. At the very least I did not want to be lost in a crowd of teens,especially teens who I've known for years, but refuse to bond with me. But of course, it happened.

I am lost, crowded,confused, and to make matters worse, I have nowhere to go. Talk about one heck of a dance...to be honest I really feel like crying; but why give the vultures around me a feast to enjoy? I started wandering around like a lost puppy asking random people If they had happened to see Jerry, it seemed to be a lost cause until a tiny girl named Joey spoke up. "he went to Gloria"s" she said quietly, and I instantly felt betrayed. I told her that I had come here with him, and that now I had no way home, and she offered to give me a ride,but since Gloria's house was the nearest to the school,that was as far as she would take me. I graciously accepted the offer,and we rode in silence to my once best friend Gloria's house. You know the drill,she became the wanted,the loved, and the accepted one once we hit 8th grade,and despite knowing me for her whole life, she then took it upon herself to drop me like a hot potato because I was "bringing her down".
But the worst part about that was the fact that I was only bringing her down,because my father had died that same year, and she couldn't possibly shed an ounce of compassion. Then, to make matters worse she slept with every guy I had ever told her I had a crush on, and then told them I had once had crushes on them. She did it, only to push her way to the top, and by doing so, every guy now considered me a loser, and what girl wants to hang around a girl labeled loser by all of the guys? Just the fact that Jerry was in her house made me feel like the only friend I had went over to the dark side,just because they had cookies ...or in this case,pieces of ass.

Jerry's POV

I had just done one of the hottest girls in school,but I felt something was missing,and the more I thought about it, the louder my head screamed "she's not chrissy!".And... Shit ...CHRISSY! I am one big screw up. I was suppossed to be with her at that dance, I was her ride, I was suppossed to be her date...and look at what I've done to her...

I chose a one night stand over my best friend. We've been there for each other since we were in diapers, I moved away during our middle school years, but begged my parents to come back for high school because of her. The whole time we were apart we had kept in contact, and now that were in the same high school I freaking screw her over...I am such a dick.

I shot out of the bed and immediately started getting dressed, only to hear Gloria laughing behind me. "you think this is funny! "what the he'll is wrong with you Gloria!"

"aww are you worried about poor little Chrissy?" she asked. I didn't say anything so she found the need to continue speaking "well you weren't so worried an hour ago when you decided to come home with me!" she spat.
"you...you were a mistake" I said, and it was the truth... I just got so caught up in what was happening. But with that I opened the door to Gloria's bedroom,and was about to go back to the dance to find Chrissy ...and possibly mention my new "discovery on my feelings" if you will, but when I opened the door there stood beautiful chrissy face drenched in tears at the door. I couldn't stand to see her like this so my immediate reaction was to embrace her, but as my arms were going to close around her she pushed me off.
"Don't you dare touch me." she said quietly, I ignored her and tried again "I SAID DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" she screamed at me. I was begginning to hurt all over, I felt like throwing up "Chrissy I'm sorry... For everything I really mean that. I didn't know what I was doing or what I had or-" "save it for someone who cares" she cut me off... I don't think I've ever felt so broken...I think maybe I was in love with Chrissy ... Maybe I love Chrissy.

Chrissy's POV

"please... I love you" he said, and I laughed bitterly... I can't believe him.. He knew I didn't like her...I thought he was planning on waiting for the right person to have sex with... I thought I knew him... Then he goes and sleeps with some...some whore...and not just any whore. The whore that used to be my best friend when he went away. To think I was going to tell him I loved him just an hour earlier... I finally looked up at him with digust. "I loved you" I said and left the premises, I didn't need him, I didn't need anyone, I didnt care how I was getting home, I just walked, I left the house and walked...no ran to my house. He was the only one keeping me in this insane tiny town...this was suppossed to be one of the best nights of my life but for me, nothing ever turned out as planned. When I got to my house I ran upstairs and started packing. My mom wouldn't care if left, she just sat around all day, everyday smoking everything that could be smoked since my father had died, thank God he had left most of his fortune to me, I was daddy's little girl, and I missed him so much. I quickly wrote a note for Jerry just incase he came looking for me ,put my bags in my car,and drove off in a hurry. This is it. I'm never looking back.

Jerry's POV

"I loved you" she said and left, leaving me to stand there as I felt my heart shatter, I may have been imagining things but I swear i could hear each piece of my heart break. After I got over the shock I dashed out of the house "Chrissy!" I exclaimed "CHHHHRRRRRIISSSYYYY" I yelled louder, but it was too late, I couldn't see her anywhere. I had to go find her.

I took off down the street looking left and right for Chris on the entire way to her house; but when I finally reached her house, I saw that her car was no longer in her driveway. I then opened the sure to be empty house and ran up to Chrissy's room and found that mostly everything was gone. She was just here...and...she loved me I started to feel the tears drop from my eyes. I was just supposed to take her to the dance, and have a fun time with my best friend and look at where I ended up. If it weren't for that one mistake everything would have been right. I walked to her bed and a piece of paper caught my eye I picked it up.

-jerr bear
" you were my best friend, thank you for being there for me all the time... You really didn't have too... I've loved you for my whole life... And I thought maybe...you possibly loved me too, and even though you told me you do... I just can't be around you anymore. I thought after everything we've been through you could at least not leave me alone at a dance you were suppossed to be taking me to... And at least have the decency to screw someone who didn't screw my life over. I'm leaving... And by the time you read this letter I'll be long gone, you'll always be in my
heart..." -Chris.

By the time I finished reading the letter I was sobbing, to be honest Chris was my whole life, I had no one but Chris. Not even my parents...they were barely around.
I would be alone forever now. If only I hadn't made that mistake... Because,because of it I've managed to screw my life over within 2 hours.

Chrissy's POV

as I sped my car down the highway I couldn't control the tears falling down my face. There goes my whole world... I had no idea where I was going, my plan was to just buy a house somewhere and...just finish school I guess... Then take it from there... Images of Jerry half naked in gloria's room next to a naked Gloria kept flashing in my head, and I guess I must not have been paying attention because in one instant I saw two big headlights from a truck in front of me, and in the next instant I had a mental image of Jerry and I before everything went black.

Jerry's POV

With nothing left to do but go home I left, and thank God, my house was right next to Chrissy's house although this would make it even harder to cope with the fact that she left, and it was all my fault. I should have just stayed at the dance.

The next few days went by in a blur. I didn't eat, I just slept every day, until one day I couldn't take it anymore, I needed to get my mind off of Chrissy leaving, and me ruining everything, so I turned on the television. "breaking news, a pale blue jeep was found at the side of the road a couple hours ago" holy shit... It couldn't be " there was a teenage girl in the car when we found it, and what looks to be several of her belongings, we have identified the Jane doe at this time from her wallet I.D. as Christina Riches" and then they flashed a picture of Chrissy and I on the screen " the impact of her car accident killed her instantly" I turned the tv off... This was all my fault... "she's dead..." "SHES Dead!!!" "...she's dead " I sobbed, trying to gasp for air don't worry Chris I'll be with you soon ... I stood up, and reached for the gun I kept loaded underneath my bed... See you shortly Chris ... I love you, I put the gun up to my head, and thought of Chris and I, I only wanted to be with her, and if she was dead, I had to die too, I pulled the trigger, and everything went black.

Third person (omniscent)
This could have been prevented, it all happened because of one mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit happens. And not everything has a happy ending. :(