Midnight Stalker

The Big Date

Lily came over to my house so we could get ready for our big date tonight. I knew what was going to happen to Lily tonight. I also found out that while I was talking to Jack at school today, Lily was helping Taylor ask me out and on a date tonight. I don't really care that she helped him. I'm happy that I finally get to call Taylor mine. I was happy and on cloud nine. I wasn't ready for what was really going to happen tonight.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Lily asked me.

"Of course I am. Tonight is going to be amazing. I just hope nothing screws it up." I replied.

"Jack told me he has something special planned for me tonight. I wonder what it is." She said excited.

"I know, I heard." I replied laughing.

"You know what he's going to do tonight?" Lily asked.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" I asked laughing.

"That's so not cool. So what does he have planned for tonight?" She asked.

"I can't tell you that. He'd kill me if I did." I replied.

"Fine. I can wait." She said disappointed.

"On a completely random note. Have you noticed Aurora and Joey, like how they've been acting around each other lately?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I have actually. He acts like he's in love with her and she's acting completely cluess about it. If she does still have any feelings for him she's making him work for her attention." Lily replied.

"I agree. They've dated so many times though. I understand why she's doing it. She doesn't want to get hurt again." I said seriously thinking about it.

"To be honest I don't think Aurora could handle getting hurt like that again. It's happened so many times, I'm suprised she still has any part of her heart to give to him." Lily exclaimed.

"We should find out if she still has any real feelings for him to the point she's even thinking about giving him," I pause a second to think about how many times they've dated, "however many chances she's given him. It's getting old though." I said. Aurora was like a little sister to me so you have to give me credit when I get this protective over her.

That's when the phone rings and we both kind of pause for a few seconds because one, neither one of us was expecting a phone call at that very minute and two, because it startled both of us. I walk over and pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey Sam." It was Joey. "Can you talk?" He asked.

"Yeah, only for a few though I'm getting ready for a date Joey. What's up?" I asked him.

"Well." He paused, he sounded scared and nervous at the same time. "Do you think you could get Aurora to go on a date with me tonight?" He asked. Yeah he was nervous.

"I can try." I said as I giggled.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing. I was just talking about about if you and Aurora were going to get back together or not. Kind of ironic." I said laughing.

"Oh." Is all he replied with.

"Give me a few minutes and I'll call you back, okay?" I said.

"Yeah, okay." Is all I heard and than a, "click." Meaning he hung up.

I had to call Aurora and find out if she was up for going out on a date. Than I had to tell her it was with Joey. I had no idea what I was getting myself into and if she would be up for it or if I was going to get my head ripped off for even asking. I picked up the phone and dialed her number, hoping she was in a good mood and I wouldn't be getting my head ripped off for even asking this.

"Hello?" Aurora says.

"Hey Aurora. It's Sam. Can we talk?" I ask.

"Oh hey Sam. Sure. What's up?" She replied.