Status: complete.

Love Was Easy When We Didn't Make It So Hard

together forever

When I was a little girl, my mom used to tell me that if you didn't feel like a princess on your wedding day, something was wrong. She would go on and on about how the dress should be the right cut, right shape, everything. She even said it had to be the right color, and as a little seven year old, I didn't quite understand that yes, there was more than one shade of white, and yes, your wedding dress could be cream.

My hands smoothed down my cream dress along my hips, sliding with ease down the smooth fabric. My eyes looked all over my appearance as Kara and Katie worked my veil into my hair. I gently held the diamond tiara into my hair, the one my mother had worn at her wedding. When the white cloth was finally situated, they all stepped back and surveyed the final display.

"You look so beautiful, Ry." Kara murmured, taking a seat at the vanity and giving me a content smile. I bit the corner of my lip, tilting my head to the side and studying my reflection. I had on a strapless dress with beautiful beads and jewels under the bust, the dress curving in to give me an hour glass shape before falling at my hips delicately. My hair was pulled up into a loose up-do, the curls wavy and flowing, my bangs making a swoop across my forehead. I felt beautiful; I felt just like a princess who was about to be stolen away by prince charming.

"I guess I do look good, huh?" I smiled, looking each one of my bridesmaids in the eyes. Kara, Katie, Callie, and Holly were all in the wedding party while on the other side was Blake, Adam, Austin, and Jake. Jake was Eric's best man while Kara was my maid of honor, the two of them our biggest supporters through out our long relationship.

"Are you nervous yet?" Katie asked me, smoothing out the train of my dress once more as I swayed my hips from side to side.

"No. I just want to marry him." I chuckled, watching the sparkle in my eyes and knowing that I was so happy, I was worried I might lift off the ground.

This was how it was supposed to be. When I was little, I imagined this moment, picturing what it would be like to have my daddy walk me down the aisle and give me away. I had always tried to picture my future husband, but had come up blank too many times to count. Except for when Eric walked into my life, that was when the formerly blurry picture became crystal clear. There was a knock on the door before Jake poked his head in, an envelope in his hand.

"This is for my stunning sister, from Eric." Jake smiled at me, his eyes tearing slightly as he gathered me into a hug. He spun me around before placing me back on the box to protect my dress from the floor. "Are you sure you don't want to back out?" Jake asked jokingly, winking at me.

"Hmm, nah. I think I'm ready for this." I nodded, grinning widely at him and wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "I love you, Jake. Try not to break down until after the vows." I giggled as he rolled his eyes at me, kissing my forehead softly.

"I love you too, kid. I'll try to bite my tongue at the objections." He smirked before he gave me one last squeeze, waved to Holly and walked out the door. I looked down at the envelope that had Eric's bold handwriting on it.

"The suspense is killing me, open it!" Kara exclaimed, waving me over as I hopped off the box, carefully sitting down on the couch next to her. Katie joined me on the other side, both of them looking over my shoulders.

Riley,

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the things I wanted to say to you today. There are so many thoughts and feelings I want to express, but words fail to even briefly describe them. The only time I feel complete is when we're together. At the risk of sounding completely corny, I fall more in love with you every day. You blow me away with your personality, strength, and most of all love. I don't know how you continue to give me such unwavering love and support when I don't deserve it. But you find a way and you keep me afloat when I feel like I'm drowning. I love every single thing about you, from the way you bit your lip when your nervous or concentrating, to the way you lick your lips when I'm talking dirty to you and you don't like it. I thank God everyday that I get to spend with you, and I am so excited to start the rest of our life together. I love you, baby.

Love,
Eric


Tears blurred my eyes as Kara and Katie grabbed a tissue for all three of us. We dabbed under our eyes, waving our hands as well to create some air, not wanting to smear the make up we had professionally done. I took in a shaky deep breath, resisting the urge to run down to where Eric was waiting, probably just about ready to head into the church. I closed my eyes, taking a moment to thank the stars for leading Eric in my direction, and for guiding us back to each other even when we felt we lost the way.

"Riley?" My mom called as she poked her head in, finding all three of us sitting on the couch, trying not to cry. "We're ready when you are."

"I'm so ready." I insisted, bolting up from the couch and walking to the vanity where my bouquet was resting. The three women in my room laughed at me before exiting the room, my mom waiting for me at the open door.

"Remember when you used to make David play wedding with you and your friends? How does it feel knowing that this isn't pretend anymore?" She asked me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we walked down the hallway.

"Its surreal." I laughed lightly, looking down at the brick floor. I sighed happily, turning to my mom as we stopped beside my dad. "I just want to finally be his wife." Both of my parents looked at each other before back at me.

"I remember that feeling. Riley, you are about to embark on an amazing journey, and even though it is difficult for me to give you away; I know you will be safe in Eric's care." My dad pulled me into a hug as he kissed my forehead. I gave my mom one last hug before the wedding march began, the bridesmaids and groomsmen filing down the aisle. I turned my attention to my dad, who's eyes were beginning to mist as he looked down at me. I fixed his tie for him, looking into his blue eyes, the same orbs that belonged to each of my brothers.

"This is the last time you will need to give your daughter away." I pointed out to my dad, giving him a soft smile. He sighed, smiling and nodding slightly.

"You're right. You know I wouldn't be letting you do this if I didn't believe Eric could make you happy. I always hoped you would marry him you know. Not for the NFL status, but because he was the only one who ever made you this happy." He squeezed my hands as I looped my arm through his. The doors had closed now, and my dad and I stepped forward, waiting for them to open once again. "Last chance to bail." My dad reminded me, making both of us chuckle softly.

"Daddy, I've waited too long already." I whispered as the church doors swung open, revealing the congregation as they all stood, rotating to look at my dad and I. But none of them mattered, not my brothers, my friends, my family. The only person who mattered to me was standing with his hands clasped in front of him, eyes sparkling and jaw dropped open as he looked down at me. For a moment, everything stood still until we both smiled widely, realizing that the moment was finally here, everything we had been waiting for was about to happen.

It took all the strength in the world to not run down the aisle, forget the ceremony, the vows, the people, and fling myself at Eric, to kiss him senseless just how I knew he liked. But somehow, I held back, smiling politely to everyone I made eye contact with, making sure to look at Eric every other second. He looked so incredible in his crisp, black tux, bow tie and his hair cut. I was slightly disappointed to see that he had shaved, but I understood why he did it.

It felt like days had passed from the moment the doors opened to when my dad and I reached the front of the church. I watched with eyes glazed from love as Eric descended the stairs, a large grin on his face as Jake and my other two brothers watched my dad hug me tightly, wrapping me into a hug not only from himself, but the other boys in my family who were also giving me away today as well.

"I love you, Riley. Enjoy this moment." My dad whispered in my ear as he hugged me tightly.

"I love you too, daddy. Thank you for the words of wisdom." I gave him a watery smile as I pulled away. My dad clasped my right hand in his left, holding it up for Eric to take, but not before giving it one final squeeze. And then I was all Eric's, well, almost.

I could see it in his eyes and feel it in his touch, that he wanted to wrap me into his arms tightly and kiss the senses out of me, but we had these things to do called vows. He lead me up the stairs, where the priest began to welcome everyone and officially start the ceremony. It was hard to focus on the words that were being said when Eric was looking at me with those deep, beautiful brown eyes, twinkling in the light from the window and from the excitement of the moment. It was almost hard to believe that we were finally standing here. It seemed like the end of our journey, but really, it was the beginning of a new one.

The next step was the announcing of any objections. I shook my head, eyes closed and nose scrunched as all three of my brothers began to cough loudly, especially when Jake coughed that I still had time to run. I looked past Eric to my brothers and gave them all playful glares, silencing them successfully as they began to snicker. Eric laughed silently before he looked back to the priest who was trying to hold back a laugh as well. The ceremony officially started as our vows were read, promising to love each other through sickness and health, til death do us part. We decided to do the traditional vows since the words we wanted to say to each other would take a lifetime to truly express.

Eric slid my new ring onto my fingers, enclosed in wedding bands. The ring was completely new since the other one held little significance due to our breakup and the fact that I gave the ring back too many times for it to still be considered a good luck omen. I smiled and slid his silver band up his finger, grasping his hand in mine and running my fingers along the cool metal. I sucked in a deep breath, looking into his chocolate orbs and holding myself back for a few more moments before I was finally named Mrs. Eric Decker.

"Are you ready for the ride of your life?" He asked me right before he scooped me into his arms and pressing our lips together as if it was the last kiss we would ever share. We sealed our marriage and the rest of our lives with just a long swipe of our lips before he set me down, nuzzling my nose as everyone clapped. We turned towards our family and friends, smiles beaming on our faces as we glanced to one another before walking down the aisle as officially Mr. and Mrs. Eric Decker.
***

I took a deep, deep breath into my lungs, trying to catch my breath after talking to so many people in such a small period of time. Everyone who came to the wedding wanted to talk to me, they would pull me out of conversations and into ones with them talking my ear off until the next person could pull me away. I was happy to talk to everyone, but my throat was so dry I felt like I was suffocating.

I rested my hand on my chest as I walked across the dance floor, smiling politely at those who attempted to stop me. I reached the open bar and asked the bartender for a glass of water. I grabbed the top of my strapless dress and pulled it up, re-situating it so it was no longer falling down. The bartender set my glass down and I gave him a thankful smile before downing the first half like it was a shot.

I scanned my eyes across the dance floor, hoping for a flash of Eric through all the people, but not finding him. I sighed and grabbed one of the stools at the bar, hopping up onto it and taking a moment to sit down. The wedding and the reception were everything I had always dreamed of. The venue was really a large, old building, that had been renovated into an event center. It was filled with black, cream, and lavender colors along with a dance floor, a bar, and a large wall dedicated completely to food. Everything had gone down without even one hitch which made this day so much more enjoyable.

"So tell me..." Eric murmured as he appeared at my left side, grabbing the hand that held my wedding ring firmly on it and bringing it to his lips. His mouth was twisted into an amused smirk, making my mouth pull into a smile and my eyebrows shoot up in a question. "Did is hurt?"

"Did what hurt?" I asked him, tilting my head at him, my lips pursed cutely for him to kiss. He leaned forward, pressing our lips together and pulling my lip into his mouth for a brief moment.

"When you fell from heaven?" He finally asked. I couldn't even hold back the loud laugh that rolled out of my mouth. That line was so incredibly cheesy that I couldn't even take him seriously.

"Are you joking?" I wheezed out as I leaned my head forward again, eyes twinkling as he looked me up and down.

"Hey! That would have worked on you in high school!" He insisted, pulling me off my bar stool and in between his legs as he sat on the stool next to my vacated one. I ran my hands up his thighs and then up his hips, around his waist to rest against his back, our chests pressed together.

"Excuse me, no. That would have never happened." I shook my head at him as he rolled his eyes, sighing. His tongue snaked out of his mouth, caressing the corner of his top lip thinking hard before his face lit up again.

"I've got it. This would have had you putty in my arms. You're like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life." I leaned forward and pressed my face into his shoulder, laughing again. "No? Damn." He sighed again and was quiet as I continued to giggle, when I pulled away I saw him thinking again before he let out a small chuckle. I locked the corners of my mouth to hold back my laugh and let him pull out another corny pick up line. "My lips are skittles, wanna taste the rainbow?"

"Baby, didn't you know that you don't need to use those after you get married." I giggled at him.

"Well, I have to use them at least one more time since I'm going to be happily married for the rest of my life." He insisted, tilting his hands up to the ceiling and giving me a duh look.

"Right. My bad." I widened my eyes before rolling them at him. "Kiss me because I so kindly let you try out your bad pick up lines on me. I guess I shouldn't be worried about you picking up any broads with those lines." I giggled and pulled him down to my level, sealing our lips together in a tight kiss. We both giggled like teenagers in love as we tried to kiss, smiling too much to really keep our lips pressed together.

"I love you, beautiful." Eric kissed my nose and then my forehead before pulling me into a tight embrace. I sighed happily, resting my head against his shoulder. Everything was falling into place perfectly, just like my mom assured me it always would. I should have had more faith in Eric, myself, and our relationship to run away from Chicago and our problems. I wished I would have known then what I know now, that we were stronger than any obstacle, stronger than any one person, and better together than apart.

"I love you too." I whispered into his ear, tugging on his ear lobe with my teeth just as Kara and Blake walked over to us.

"We're going to head out. Kara's feet are killing her and she is tired." Blake smiled sheepishly, rubbing his knuckles into Kara's back.

"If it wasn't for you and your devil sperm I wouldn't be like this." She hissed out, pulling me away from Eric and hugging me. Her seven month pregnant stomach prevented us from getting too close and I shook my head at her low growl.

"Just relax, mama." I giggled, "Thank you for being my MOH. I'll see you when we get back. And thank you for looking after Gabby." I pulled Blake into a quick hug before letting him usher his wife out the door, the poor woman waddling from the weight of her baby. I bit my lip, wondering what it would be like to carry all that weight around, deciding I shouldn't worry about it now.

I could tell the party was starting to wind down as more people came over, thanking and congratulating the both of us before walking out the door. Most of them still had an hour haul back to the cities and it was already well past 10:30. The speeches were done, the toasts, the first dance, the cake cutting and smashing into Eric's face, the only thing left to do was party into the night. It was evident that both Eric and I were so tired from the emotions of the day and talking to everyone who showed up.

After a few more drinks, dances, and conversations, the clock struck midnight and all that was left was both of our families. We all sat at one table, laughing and talking, while everyone sipped water, staying away from the alcohol because there had been enough of that for the night.

"I thought Jake was going to cry when you said I do, Ry. I really did." Austin insisted, running his hand over Zoe's back who was completely dead to the world.

"I was not going to cry. Stop making shit up." Jake insisted, taking a sip of his water as he bounced Gracie. I looked at my two brothers and then my other brother, who's girlfriend was resting her head against his shoulder, eyes closed. They all had important girls and women in their lives, all of us so grown up, yet it still felt like yesterday when we all lived at home and had dinner together, followed by playing sports after dinner.

"Jake, it's okay to cry. It won't make you any less of a man." David insisted. "But I guess it wouldn't matter because once you get tampons for your girl once, man card gets snipped."

"Actually, if you get tampons, your man card gets bumped. A real man isn't afraid to touch that box." I pointed out, running my hands through the hairs at the base of Eric's neck. He leaned into my touch before turning to me, kissing my lips softly.

"Can we go soon?" He mumbled against my lips as I grinned at him. I knew exactly what he wanted. It had been two weeks since Eric and I had sex, so busy with the wedding that we barely had time for ourselves, but also because I insisted that if we waited, the first sex of our marriage would be almost too amazing to handle.

"Yeah." I murmured to him, kissing the tip of his nose as he closed his eyes for a brief moment. When his eyelids slid open again, his brown orbs were burning with lust and want that almost made me jump him right there. Despite how easy I made it seem to Eric, two weeks without him was like two weeks of torture. I wanted him so bad that it made my whole body ache. I needed to feel his naked flesh against mine, to dig my nails into his back, and whimper as he lavished me the way only he could.

"Gee, it is so late." Holly pointed out as she stood up, yawning and grabbing Gracie from Jake. "We need to get this baby home." Holly murmured as Callie stood up as well, bracing her hand on her eight month pregnant stomach.

The goodbyes started as I hugged my two sisters-in-law, and then Austin. I gave each of my nieces a kiss on the cheek, even though they were both so tired they didn't even stir. David and Maggie were next, each of them squeezing me, and I gave David a quick kiss on the cheek, making sure to leave a nice blot of lipstick. Jake was the last one, all of the others filing out as my parents and Eric's talked amongst themselves. Jake gave Eric a firm handshake before wrapping me into a tight hug. He pressed his nose into my hair, kissing my head a few times. I could feel how hard this was for Jake, to give me completely to someone when he just wanted to keep me for himself forever.

"I love you, and I am so happy for you, Riley Decker." Jake winked at me as I laughed quietly.

"That might need some getting used to." I murmured, but in reality I loved the sound of it, the way it rolled off the tongue as if it was meant to be, which I guess it was.

"Have a safe trip, baby sis. Call me when you get in." He pulled me in for one more tight squeeze, holding me tightly as I closed my eyes, breathing in the smell of his cologne. He released me and gave my parents a wave, walking out the door after his wife.

"I'm going to miss him." I mumbled to Eric as he pulled me into a hug. He dropped a kiss against my head much like Jake had before I looked into his chocolate eyes.

"You know he is only ever a call away." Eric reminded me as I sighed, nodding. We said goodbye to our parents next, hugging all four of them and grabbing our belongings. I looked around once more at the event space, everything already being taken down. I sighed, wondering how it could go so fast when it took so many months to plan.

"Are you ready, Mrs. Decker?" Eric asked me, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. I nodded and let him lead me out of the event venue and into his car, ready to really seal our marriage, along with start the rest of our lives, together, just the way it should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Eric Decker! WOO!
Lucky girl right???
finally, they are married. now they can't run from each other anymore.. woo!
so comments would be great. This isn't the best chapter.
but you will like the next chapter for sure :D!
so give me a TON of comments and I will update REALLY REALLY SOOOON.
it is already done.

btw, I have a new Tony story.. and I know I write about him a lot, but I think you could like it a lot if you read it :)
and I also re-posted Oshie so comment on that as well :)