Status: Complete

You Should've Killed Me When You Had the Chance

I'll catch you when you fall

I played with my fingers nervously and blamed myself. If I wouldn't of agreed to the stupid ideal of Alex and I "Play Dating"...If I would of just kept my mouth shut...The boys walked off stage. Jeremy rubbed his jaw and winced and Alex yawned slowly, more careful.
"How's your jaws feeling?" Mrs.Mckinnon glared at me and examined both boys jaws. Of course, after Jeremy's mom heard about what happened and got the whole story, she came asap and told Mrs. Shelnut that she would watch after the boys. They both cracked each other's jaws a bit. But all is well. It's been 3 months and no one's been talking to me. Hardly.
"I'm fine mom" Jeremy forced a smile and she grinned.
"Good. How are you Amber?" Amber walked up and stood by Jeremy's side. Jeremy threw his arm around her and held her close.
"I am good! A little tired, but good. How about you?" I figured out that by now, they were just trying to rub it all in my face. Neil munched on doritos and I swallowed back extra saliva. I had forgotten I was starving. I made my way towards the buffet table and tried to ignore the looks.
"She shouldn't be helping herself to the food that's set out for everyone. She's not totally part of the band. Once we hit OCALA, she can be disposed of" Mrs. Mckinnon (I found out earlier, was laura) said loudly. I rolled my eyes and started to eat a ham sandwhich. I grabbed me a coke, and leaned against the table, studying the amps.
"Um. How's it going?" Neil stood next to me. I shrugged.
"Two more month's and I'll be home. I guess that's good right?" I felt like yelling at Laura, telling her she should go back home.
"Nah. We want you stay. Laura is just too protective of Jeremy" Neil's words were going through one ear, and out the other.
"Whatever. I don't care. I can't wait to go home. Everybody thinks it's my fault and they hate me now. You guys hardly talk to me anymore" I finished my sandwhich and took another swig of the cold coke.
"We don't hate you" I didn't want anymore of his excuses. I walked outside and followed down the road. I kicked at rocks and listened to the crickets. A light breeze blew by and I smiled. I remember it. I remember when Jeremy had kissed me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
He tightened his hand around mine and dragged me across the grassy field. Lighting bugs were dancing everywhere and crickets were chirrping. The grass tickled my ankle. I was 14. He was 16. He finally found the tree he wanted us to sit in. He got up first, gracefully grabbing at the branches. He hoisted me up and I threw both legs over the branch. I was clumsy then. I am now. He did the same and smiled at me. Were only inches away, and I've always had a thing for him.

"I'm scared. I don't like being this high off the ground" I chewed my bottom lip.
"Don't worry. I wouldn't ever let you fall. And if somehow you do fall, I'll always be at the bottom to catch you" I smiled and he placed his finger under my chin. He pulled me to him and our lips meet. Sensations and butterflies uncaged in my stomach and my fear vanished. We kept like this for awhile. Lips together and barly taking breathes. Finally, he pulled away. and climbed down the tree.

"I can't get down by myself!" I yelled looking for a branch that I could reach. I didn't see any.
"Jump!" He said holding his arms out towards me. I gulped.
"Are you sure!?"
"I told you i'd always catch you!" His voice was gentle but held honesty. I took a deep breathe and jumped. I landed in strong, warm arms. I smiled and he put me down.

"Thank you"
"Anytime" He took out a knive and began to carve into a tree. In italic letter's was:
"JM + RL Forever"
"Awh. Thanks." He pulled me in to a warm hug and grinned.
"No Problem. Let's go home. The guys are probably wondering what were doing"
"We were suppose to go get pizza" I nudged him playfully and he flicked my nose softly.
"Let's go get it then, shall we?" He grasped my hand and we walked off for pizza.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I wipped tears off my cheek and made my way back to the tour bus. I had been walking for 20 minutes. Though, nobody would even notice I was gone. As I arrived, Jeremy ran up to me with a relieved look on his face.

"Where have you been?!" He wrapped his arms around me and I was shocked. He pulled away and cupped my cheeks in his hands.
"I was so worried! You should've told somebody where you went!" Jeremy pulled back a strand of my hair away from my face. I shrugged.
"I didn't think it mattered"
"Of course it did! You scared me!" He kissed my forhead and his lips were cool.
"Jeremy..what has gotten in to you?
"Jeremy!" Laura and Amber called running over to us. Jeremy dropped his hands and looked at me.
"Oh...your with her.." Laura grabbed Jeremy's arm.
"Time to leave!" Amber grabbed his other arm and they pulled him away. I sighed and followed after them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?