‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

Remembering Sirius Black

P.O.V – Becky Sinclair

I officially despise getting up early. Seriously, I hate it. I had never been one to catch the worm before, and after the night I had…

Let’s just say my ‘waking up skills’ were even worse than normal.

Groaning, I pressed my head back into the car seat.

Damn the Hogwarts Express for leaving so early and damn Mrs. Figg for being an a ‘let’s gets there 5 hours early’ person.

Sleepily, I turned my head to watch as we flew by the buildings of London on our way to King’s Cross Station. It shouldn’t be that much longer actually…

“Are you still tired, girl?” Snapped Mrs. Figg from the driver’s seat beside me as she swerved violently into another lane.

This is one old lady who is just begging for her driver’s license to be revoked, I thought, as I was flung forward in my seatbelt.

“You must have slept twelve hours last night! Would have kept right on too if I hadn’t woke you up! Back when I was your age, I would have been whipped silly if I had laid still for that long…” Rambled Mrs. Figg, an annoying trait of hers, though I suppose it had developed naturally. Due to her spending most of her time alone with her cats. I would feel sorry for her, but I have been on the recieving end of these ramblings for more than a month now.

Sighing softly to myself, and tuning her out in the process, as she continued on with her lecture. I turned my head back to face the window.

If she only knew how little sleep I really had gotten…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes snapped open to see a young Sirius Black sitting at the foot of my bed. I could feel my heart rate speed up.

“You just don’t remember me.”

I took a sharp breath, unable to speak as he inched closer to me. Placing one hand on the side of my face reverently, his eyes teary as they searched my own.

Neither of us said anything for moments. I could feel tears forming in my own eyes as well, at his nearness. I no longer cared that he was really dead, and that this probably wasn’t happening, I just wish I knew what was making him cry.

“Sirius…” I began softly, placing my hand on his face as well. His gaze breaking from mine, as he turned slightly to stare at my hand, as if wondering if I had really put it there. Before turning back up to again meet my eyes, tears rolling down his face.

“Oh, Sirius…” My voice broke as I pulled him into a tight embrace. I could feel his tears wetting my night shirt, but I didn’t care. I just held him, my left hand stroking his hair comfortingly.

We stayed like that for hours it seemed, before he finally broke the silence, pulling back from me, taking a deep breath.

“I know this won’t make sense to you,” He began, “but I’m glad I died.”

I frowned, and he reached out to touch my face again, as if confirming I was real, “I’m glad I died so I could be with you.” He swallowed hard, “Even if you don’t…even if you don’t remember.”

My heart broke a little more then. I took a deep breath, “But, I do…” Hope flashed across Sirius’ face, “remember.” I paused, shrugging silently, “Some things.” I paused again, “I think.”

The hope vanished from his face as he frowned.

“I just,” I continued slowly, “I just dreamt about you.” Sirius frown deepened, “I mean, sorta. In the dream I was writing you a letter. You were sleeping in a bed nearby…” His eyes began to widen, “and I had to leave, but I really didn’t want too. I wanted to stay with you, Sirius, but I couldn’t.” I paused, taking a deep breath, “So is that a memory? Or is that just me being crazy?”

I barely got the last word out, before his lips were pressed against mine in a demanding kiss. I felt myself respond, melting into him, as he pushed me back onto my bed. Parting my legs apart with his knee, as he moved to lie in between them. My hand catching in his hair, as his lips moved down to nuzzle my neck.

“Sirius…” I heard myself whisper huskily, but it sounded so far away.

“Maria…” I heard him reply hoarsely, bringing his face back up to kiss my lips once again.

Abruptly, I shoved him off, “What?” I shouted, ignoring my aroused state, “Why did you call me that? Who is she?” I paused for breath, as I watched him break apart all over again.

“You really don’t remember do you.” Sirius replied softly.

I shook my head, a feeling of guilt washing over me, “I remember you comparing me to her before. I don’t know who she is though.”

Sirius looked away from me for a moment, his eyes moistening, before turning back to me again, a weak smile on his face, “She’s you, Becky. Just as you are her.”

I frowned, tilting my head, “I don’t understand.”

“You will.” He replied softly, as he began to fade away, “In time.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour and a half later, Mrs. Figg pounded on my door screeching at me to wake up. Little did she know I had already been awake for the past five hours or so, and I planned on keeping it that way.

“We’re here.” Announced Mrs. Figg gruffly, drawing me out of my reverie as we pulled into King’s Cross Station, “Time to get your things.”

I felt my heart leap into my throat as my pulse began to quicken. A sudden fear overtaking me.

Hogwarts. I was going to Hogwarts and I had never been more nervous in my life.