‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

Hurt

P.O.V – Unknown

My hands hurt. My mommy wouldn’t tell me why. She just ignored me. I think she doesn’t like me. My auntie does though. She loves me, but she likes that my hands hurt. I don’t know why, she won’t tell me either. My brother doesn’t care why. He barely talks to me. Mommy loves him.

I love my swing, I thought, swinging faster and faster. My daddy bought it for me. He used to feel sorry that my hands hurt, but then I burned him.

I didn’t mean too. It was my hands, they hurt.

I swung faster. I really love my swing.

Mommy doesn’t let me use it when my brother wants to though. It’s how I know she’s loves him best.

I made an ugly face.

I wish my mommy loved me like she loves him.

Why do my hands hurt so bad?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V – Becky Sinclair

By the time I opened my eyes, Snape had gone, and I was no longer in the entrance hall of Hogwarts, but in what seemed to be a small chamber filled with pictures.

Pictures of people, I rubbed my eyes, sitting myself up on my elbows on the floor, sleeping? Did that one, high up on the left, just move?

A loud snore came from behind me, causing me to turn my head. Yep, nothing but pictures there either…

This was a very odd room, I thought to myself, while slowly standing up. Admiring the bizarre silver trinkets in the corner, a large bird pedestal behind me, but there was no bird. I turned back to face the large desk in the middle of the room. It was covered with papers, a small black chest in the corner.

I was hypnotized, after everything that had just happened…

I couldn’t think. I didn't want to think. My brain was on overload, and that box….

I took a step forward, moonlight illuminating two silver rings on the far side of the desk. I recognized them instantly, though, I don’t know how.

I took several more steps towards the desk, reaching my hands towards the rings, and running my fingers over them. One of them, the larger one, had been Sirius’ wedding ring, this I knew, the other, smaller and daintier one, had been mine…Maria’s.

My fingertips not leaving my, Maria’s ring, I turned my eyes to see the letter. The one I had written Sirius in my dream, it was in my hand…

I frowned, reaching for it. How was it that it was in my hand?

“I about died when I read that, you know.”

I looked up to see the suave young Sirius, standing on the opposite side of the desk from me, a solemn look on his handsome face.

He tilted his head at me, his eyes watering a bit, a small smile appearing on his face as his licked his lips, “I wasn’t surprised though. I knew you had never really wanted to marry me…”

My eyes widened, and I ran around to the other side of the desk, so I was only a foot away from him, no barriers between us, “No, Sirius, it wasn’t that…” I could feel tears streaming down my face, “It was never that…” I reached for him then, pulling him into a tight embrace, an odd feeling coming over me then. A surreal feeling, it was almost like being overcome by an unknown force.

I could feel Sirius’ tears wetting my hair, just as I did his shoulder, his hands caressing my back as I did his.

Slowly I raised my head, our teary gazes meeting, both of us trying to collect ourselves, but failing. I opened my mouth to speak.

“I love you, Sirius Black. I always have.” I felt Sirius mouth press to mine then, our tears intermingling, as we clutched each other.

I needed him in that moment, more than I ever needed anyone else, ever.

I felt him, everywhere, the surreal feeling slowly taking me over...

We broke apart, breathing heavily, pressing our foreheads together. Gripping each other tightly.

“I love you too.” Sirius said hoarsely, raising his hand to caress my cheek. I leaned into it, “More than you will ever understand.” Then he was gone, just as quickly as he appeared.

I blinked my eyes rapidly in loss. Barely turning to look, as the door to my left opened, Albus Dumbledore stepping through.