‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

Threats

P.O.V – Maria Le Fay

Moments past. Dumbledore and I sat in silence as we waited on Severus Snape to take me to the Slytherin Common Room. He should be here anytime now, and once he was…I trailed off. Fury clouding my thoughts. Once he was he would regret making me huddle, crying and in pain, on the hard stone floor.

I clenched my jaw tight, as I began to pull on my rings around my neck. Back and forth, back and forth.

I hated this, barely being able to remember anything. It was torture. Slow and sweet, I plan to pay in kind. I thought, harshly, furrowing my brow. Before being drawn out of my dark reverie. Quickly stuffing my rings under my blouse, as the door opened. Snape stepping through, his face as cold as stone.

He shot me an icy glare. I smirked at him in reply. Shrugging my shoulders as I leaned back comfortably in my chair.

“Good,” Began Dumbledore, looking up from the papers in front of him, “Severus, you’re here. I would like for you to escort Becky to the Slytherin common room. If it’s not too much of an inconvenience for you.”

Snape turned to look at me again; I gave him an innocent smile, standing up.

“I’m sure it’s alright with him, Professor.” I began sweetly, “We bonded so well earlier after all.” I batted my eyelashes at Snape, causing him to purse his lips. I turned towards Dumbledore, “Thank you for everything, Professor.” I told him sincerely. Tossing Snape another sweet smile, before skipping out the door and onto a moving spiral staircase.

My expression darkening instantly as I raised my right hand up to my eyes. It’s been awhile, years even, since I had summoned my fire on my own. My wand, hidden in my robes, currently held no value to me, as I didn’t remember any spells. My fire on the other hand, I know I could use that, if I could just remember...

Just then, the door opened behind me. I was only half way down the stairs.

Snape. I thought venomously. Feeling a surge of anger rush through me. A small ball of fire appearing on my palm.

I smiled. I could make him hurt now. I could make him feel what he put me though, then demand to know what had been done to me. With that thought in mind, I whipped around, and flung the fire ball up the staircase. Smirking to myself.

A beat passed. Nothing. Nothing happened. I took a deep breath. Why was there nothing?

Then, out of no where, a bright light hit me square in the chest. I had no time to react. As I was blasted down the rest of the staircase. Falling out of, what I assume, was the exit, and skidding across the stone floor. Before, finally, crumbling into heap, groaning. I felt as if all the wind had been knocked out of me.

A minute later, Snape appeared, wand out, a furious look on his face, “You dared!” He hissed, standing directly above me.

I raised myself up on one arm, clutching my chest with the other, “Yes,” I snapped, “I dared.” Slowly I rose to my feet. My left arm still wrapped around my chest. I gave him a weak smirk, before creating another fireball in my right hand, “And I still do.” I hissed, “Tell me what Voldemort did to me.” I demanded.

Snape’s black eyes narrowed. I took a step forward, raising my ball of fire in between our faces, “Tell me who I really am. What I can do. Who I’ve been.” He didn’t even blink, he just stood there, like stone.

"But you were so eager before." I snapped, my eyes flashing darkly, as I flung the fireball at him. Only to watch him merely deflect it with his wand, his expression unchanging.

I pursed my lips, frustrated, as I lowered my right hand, withdrawing my long white wand from my robes.

It felt so familiar in my hand. I know I’ve held it before, but damn it. I couldn’t remember a single spell.

I pointed it at him anyhow, “I have the right to know what’s been done to me, Snape.” I said lowly.

He eyed my wand warily, before looking back up at me, “You don’t even remember how to do magic, Le Fay.” Said Snape, his voice low and mellow, as he reached out and lowered my wand in my hand. “Threaten me again when you do.” He said as he turned around and walked away.

I stared after him for a moment. More rage building inside me. To have once been a powerful witch and to be treated like a child…

I placed my useless wand back inside my robes. Reluctently, moving to follow after him.

I would re-learn my magic, and the moment I did, Severus Snape would pay for all he’s done to me.