‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

Defiant

P.O.V – Maria Le Fay

I hadn’t wasted any time after Draco had left to race back to the Slytherin Dormitories to change. As Voldemort had shredded the back of my robes, almost entirely, to, once again, expose my mother’s mark, a salamander. His own, a snake, had been there for as long as I could remember as both Becky and Maria. What made it different from the other I knew not.

I closed my eyes as I leaned to briefly rest against the outside of my door. Between my encounters with both Voldemort and Draco, let alone the pain in my back, I felt tired, drained. In the back of my mind, I knew there were classes I needed to be getting to. But, for the moment, I didn’t care. I had Draco now as my tutor. Surely, besides him teaching me magic, I could also convince him to let me help in whatever he had been assigned. Ensuring that I could continue to see Sirius. I needed Sirius. He was my strength, the only one that had not been taken from me. At least, not entirely.

Wearily, I opened my eyes, briefly gazing upon my old name, Becky Sinclair, on the door. Before, sighing, and reaching down to turn the handle. Stepping back as the door opened slowly. A worn smile appearing on my face as I moved inside my rather bleak and dimly lit, room.

“You never like to listen to me, do you?” I heard a familiar deep voice say from the shadows to my left, a geniune smile appearing on my face as I turned to shut the door.

“Hello, Sirius.” I replied softly, clicking the door shut before facing him. A mixture of pride and grief adorning his handsome face as he cocked his head at me, his arms placed behind his back.

“You always were so defiant,” Said Sirius huskily, looking me over with heavily lidded eyes, “it was one of the things that drew me to you.” I felt my heart speed up in my chest, my breaths growing shallower by the second, but Sirius did not move. He merely stood there, continuously eyeing me, as if for the last time, his body constricted in unusual show of self control.

“Sirius?” I questioned gently, stepping towards him, concern etched upon my face as his gaze slowly rose to meet my own. Allowing me to see the tears building in his eyes, even as his face was steeled from me. I took a deep breath, before reaching out to touch his right arm, comfortingly, “Sirius.” I repeated, firmly this time. Watching as his gaze drifted to my hand before once again locking upon my eyes.

“I don’t want you to do this, Maria.” Sirius said hoarsely, “I spent the last years of my life fighting Voldemort with all that I had left.” Sirius raised his eyebrows, his expression open and pleading, “Trying my best to protect and prepare Harry in the only ways that I could.” Sirius raised his left hand to my face, using his thumb to caress my cheek gently, “Don’t ruin everything I’ve done by trying to rescue me from a fate I made of my own choosing.”

At his words, I felt my eyes harden, my face going cold as I forced myself to step back from him, “Your own choosing?” I scoffed, “I got you into this, Sirius.” I stated firmly as his own expression hardened, “You wouldn't be in this predicament if you hadn’t loved me.” I said, my voice breaking at the words, Sirius’ face darkening, “So it’s all my fault really. You’re suffering because of me and if you think I’m going to let you continue to be tortured, Sirius Black…” I was cut off abruptly by Sirius’ lips colliding with mine in a harsh kiss. One full of pain and love, love that had been gone for too long.

I sighed as I felt his lips kiss their way down my neck causing me to moan his name softly. My hands entwining themselves in his hair as he slowly maneuvered me onto the bed. His knee prying apart my legs allowing him to rest in between them as his hands groped at my breast causing me to moan once again. Before the pain in my back forced me to adjust myself slightly on the bed.

Sirius stilled his movements, raising his head to look me in the eye, a silent question on his face. I nodded slowly for him to continue as my hands began to trail his chest.

Sirius gave me a sly smirk before placing, yet another, bruising kiss on my lips. As his hands pushed off my tattered robe and quickly moved to unbutton my blouse. His lips slowly breaking apart from mine. Allowing me to suckle his ear lobe, causing Sirius to growl lowly in his throat. His lips descending for another kiss as his hands now roamed freely over my chest.

A moment passing, before Sirius' lips left mine once again. Our eyes meeting in a lustful gaze. His lips red and swollen as were my own. I couldn’t help but give him a small smile, “I love you, Sirius Black.” I said softly as he returned my smile, running one of hands through my long hair.

“I love you too, Maria Le Fay.” Sirius replied in a deep voice, before returning to his previous task.