‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

Encounter with Snape

P.O.V – Draco Malfoy

Transfiguration had been a bore. What good was this stuff to me now anyway? I had moved on to bigger and better things.

I took a deep breath, glaring at a nearby student sending him clear out of my way.

I could be working on the cabinet now. Doing my best to save my parents, instead I was stuck learning the best way to turn a desk into a pig. Hardly useful for my current task. Well, I thought to myself, tilting my head, at least I don’t have to deal with Pansy as often anymore. She had barely passed into sixth year classes, unlike me. I smirked satisfyingly to myself, just as an arm shot out and yanked me into an empty classroom.

“What do you think you’re doing, Draco?” Snapped Snape in a hushed tone of voice as he pinned me against a wall, “Skipping my class… are you trying to alert everyone to what you’re doing?”

I glared at him, pushing him back from me at the same moment he chose to release me, “What’s it to you?” I replied angrily, “It’s my mission not yours. I was chosen for this!” I hissed lowly as Snape took another step back from me into a disapproving pose. I stepped forward aggressively, “Besides, the only reason I missed it, was your little spy chose to have a conniption right beforehand.” I said furiously in a low tone of voice, as a surprise expression briefly flickered across Snape’s face.

“My little what?” Replied Snape in a dangerous tone of voice.

I swallowed, a nervous feeling coming over me, “You know,” I took a deep breath before fixing Snape with another accusing glare, “that Sinclair girl. She’s had one breakdown in front of me after another since she’s been here.” At Snape’s silence I continued, “The last time, she claimed to be the Dark Witch. It took me until Potions to figure out your little game, but…” Snape cut me off,

“I assure you,” He began lowly, a threatening note in his voice, “Sinclair is not mine.” Snape paused, stepping towards me a dark expression on his face, “However, she is of the upmost concern to the Dark Lord and you would be wise to look after her.” Snape looked me over harshly, “If not use her as an excuse to skip classes.” He finished admonishingly to my stunned expression.

“So she is…” I began my voice faint.

“The Dark Witch?” Said Snape raising an eyebrow at me, as he swiftly began to move past me, “Not anymore.” He said softly, exiting the classroom.

I inhaled deeply, my eyes wide as I blankly looked around the dim room. Becky’s the daughter of the Dark Lord?

I had little doubt in my mind that Snape had been lying to me, at least, for the moment. I turned around to face the busy hallway. Everything she had told me was probably true then. Her being half fire elemental, bound to the Dark Lord, in love with and attempting to rescue Sirius Black…

My heart began to pound rapidly in my chest. I can scarcely believe it, I thought, stepping into the hallway to head towards the Great Hall for lunch. Furthermore, I don’t want to believe it. Not her. Not my Becky.

I could feel sweat forming on my forehead, my body going cold.

The Dark Witch. I wasn’t a fool, I knew what that meant.