‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

Tales of Pudding

P.O.V – Draco Malfoy

Merlin, what have I done? I thought despairingly to myself as Pansy playfully bit my ear. Why had I just willingly subjected myself to this torment? I had avoided this very thing for years and, in a moment of pure insanity, I kiss Pansy? I'll never be rid of the horrible cow now, there's only one decent thing left for me to do…I'll have to marry her. Yes, I'll marry her then promptly off myself before the wedding night. That will get me out of it, no problem…On second thought, maybe I should just go jump off the astronomy tower after lunch. That'll solve all my problems, and in a less painful way too…

However, neither was really an option, my family's lives were at stake. I had to complete my mission, I was no coward and I would not back down. I thought to myself fiercely, as I began to dip my spoon into my vanilla pudding that I had selected for my lunch.

My only real option was to live with consequences of my actions, I kissed Pansy and I was just going to have to deal with it…

I felt Pansy's tongue slide down the column of my throat just as I made a brave attempt to take a bite of my food. Startled, I flung my hand up causing my pudding to fly backwards onto Pansy.

I turned to look at her, a wide, fake, grin plastered on my face that did not even come close to reaching my eyes as I fought desperately to keep a cheery appearance. For I could still feel Maria's eyes on me. However, Pansy's moon eyed expression, despite her pudding coated hair, did nothing to allay my fears of her trailing after me for the rest of my days.

"It's alright, Draco." She cooed, "It will wash out." Said Pansy, reaching up and stroking my face before giving me, a rather lengthy, kiss on the lips and darting off, "See you tonight, Draco!" She yelled over her shoulder, at a more than loud enough range for the whole table, maybe even the whole Great Hall, to hear. Thus, starting one of the rowdiest jeering and wolf whistling sessions I've heard come from the Slytherin table since I've been at Hogwarts. It was only then I felt my mask slip a little, as I turned to look at Maria.

The expression she wore was like someone had kicked her puppy, but she was still desperately trying to keep a straight face about whole thing. Her eyes met mine, and I forced up a smug smirk, feeling empowered from the many claps on the back I was receiving from my fellow male Slytherins.

She barely blinked, her eyes wide, almost confused, and then she turned away from me, blatantly backing down, as she looked down at her plate of food. I almost felt bad, except, she had started it. It's more than obvious that she doesn't give a 'darn' about me, besides; she has that dead prat she's in-love with. The great 'love of her life', Sirius Black. What did she need me for?

That's just it, nothing. She doesn't need me. Well, I guess, she does, in a way, need me. She'll never learn magic without my help, and if she doesn't learn magic, she can't save…

My thoughts trailed off and I looked away from Maria.

If she can't save the ponce, then maybe…

I turned back to Maria; briefly catching her gaze before she, again, looked away. I couldn't help but notice the weariness on her features. She must be so tired, with everything that's happened to her and her first real day at Hogwarts hadn't even ended yet. Did she really need me mucking up her life further by preventing her from saving…Black…?

"So tonight's the night, huh, Draco?" Said a random fellow Slytherin sixth year as he slapped my shoulder.

Plastering my trademark Malfoy smirk on, I turned from Maria to look at him, "Yeah, it's been coming for a long time now." I drawled, watching him return the smirk and back away.

"You're the man, Malfoy."

Perhaps I should have 'gotten' with Pansy sooner…

Leisurely, I turned back to look at Maria, but she was already gone.