‹ Prequel: The Dark Witch

The Return of the Dark Witch

What You Feel

P.O.V – Unknown

I love my brother. He's nice to me…sometimes. Mommy loves him best. He listens to her. I don't listen. I don't wanna.

My daddy used to love me. But then I burned him. He used to like I didn't listen…now he just makes me hurt so I do. It doesn't feel like my hands, it's a different hurt. I didn't want to burn him!

I miss my auntie. She loves me. She loves my hands too. She likes that they hurt, but she won't tell me why.

Auntie got mad at daddy once. She said he shouldn't hurt me so much, that I'm special to the lord, and then he showed the burn. Auntie just laughed, she said my real daddy would have thought it was funny too. What did she mean? My daddy is my real daddy and he didn't think it was funny at all…

P.O.V – Maria Le Fay

I shot upright out of bed, tears streaming down my cheeks as I gasped for air. It seemed now that every time I closed my eyes, these thoughts came back to me. These random fragmented thoughts that I couldn't even place, except I must have had them when I was a little girl.

I ran my hands over my face, struggle to breathe, I barely noticed the obvious scorch marks on the bed. It was a wonder I hadn't burnt the place to the ground yet in my sleep.

I chuckled lightly. Maybe Voldemort wasn't letting me, he did have control of my powers after all.

I sighed to myself, lowering my hands. There were so many things I still didn't understand. I couldn't even begin to name them all, and a part of me didn't want too. Since my talk slash fight with Sirius, I had been doing better, emotionally. I actually almost felt stable, if that could be believed. It probably had something to do with Sirius visiting me whenever he could to share with me stories about him and my past self. It made me feel more connected to her…me, and him. So, in that respect, I was better than I had been in awhile, except for the dreams and, well, Dra…Malfoy.

We hadn't even looked in each other's direction since the kiss, let alone work together in any capacity. How Voldemort was even letting Sirius stick around because of this, I don't know, but I wasn't going to question it. If it wasn't for Sirius…I'd break, just shatter into so many little pieces I'd never be quite able to put myself back together again. I need him, but Draco?

I shut my eyes tightly, as I threw my legs over the side of the bed, my hands clenching my sheets tightly. As I fought myself from remembering the kiss we had shared. I didn't want to think about it, my infidelity. Despite the fact, if one really thought about it, I was technically a widower, but that was beside the point. I still regularly saw my husband, it didn't matter that he was dead.

Boy, that sounded insane didn't it? I thought to myself, openly laughing as I opened my eyes and stood up, reaching blindly for my robes that lay at the foot of my bed. I never was that careful with my clothes.

But what…I thought for the first time. What would happen to me after I saved Sirius? Saving him meant sparing him from an eternal hell with my father, but what did that entail exactly? He was still going to be dead, unless there's a spell to bring someone back from the dead, but I'm not under the impression there is, after all, I have been studying the history of magic. And there's not a mention of people coming back from the other side…so…

I slid out of my pajamas; letting them flutter to the ground as I reached for my shirt. My mind whirring as I slipped it on and began to button it up.

Even after I saved Sirius from my father he would still be dead and just because he would no longer be attached to Voldemort didn't mean he still wouldn't be attached to…well…me. But would either of us really mind that result? Hadn't that been what we'd been wanting? Us, together forever, hearts intertwined and all that?

I grabbed my skirt off the bed, pulling it up my legs to settle around my hips, before I slipped on my robe and reached for my socks.

But what if Sirius wanted to go to Heaven after it was all over? Even though he'd be with me, he'd still be trapped here. Only, not really here, but not really there either, just like an apparition that never really was. Did he want to be that? My ghost? I'd never really thought about it before…never let myself.

I grabbed my socks as I sat back down on my bed, pulling them on quickly and reaching for my shoes.

I couldn't be late for my first class today. I absolutely couldn't, because today was my first lesson with Dumbledore. It was finally going to happen. It had been a week since I had seen him, as I didn't include meal times in the Great Hall, the last time I had been in his presence, one on one, had been my sorting, when he had given me back Sirius' and my wedding rings.

Instinctively, my hand grasped the two bands around my neck, as my other fought to pull on my shoe.

The rings meant the world to me. I would be eternally grateful that Dumbledore had seen fit to give them back.

I released the rings and tightened my shoelace before pulling on, and repeating the same action, with the other shoe before standing up again.

I could feel excitement coursing through my veins. Today I was finally going to start unlocking some of my memories. Hopefully ones that made sense and didn't involve me passing out cold on the floor. I thought, remembering angrily how Snape had managed to make me pass out at everyone of his classes this week. Only to taunt me further about how weak I am and how he's only teaching me because of Dumbledore and my father. Although, he's never specifically said 'Voldemort', but it's been implied.

I grabbed my brush off my nightstand and began to run it quickly though my hair as I approached the floor length mirror. I looked terrible per the usual. Of course that could be easily be attributed to the absolutely wonderful sleep I've been getting. I thought to myself, admiring the heavy bags under my eyes before setting my brush back down on the table and exiting my room. Only pausing as I shut the door.

I really wasn't looking forward to passing through the common room. One can only see the pug and Draco making out so many times before wanting to throw up. It seemed that, every since their public display at lunch on day one, that the two have been dating. Despite the kiss Draco and I had shared, but then, I had remained loyal to Sirius after so…well it didn't mean I enjoyed Parkinson and Draco, I must remember to think of him as Malfoy, kissing. In fact, it was almost…painful? Oh I did not just think that. I've spent the whole week talking myself out of…and now I go and think…

I sighed to myself, irritated, as I slowly turned away from my bedroom door and began to walk down the long green hallway to the common room. With any luck, I gotten up too early for them, and by them I mean the pug and Dra…Malfoy, to be there. Since all their appearances seemed to be much later in the day. I would hardly think they'd be up six am, but you never know I suppose. I mused, rounding the final bend into the common area. Where, naturally, I saw Draco sitting alone by the fire place.

I stopped dead in my tracks. We hadn't been alone together since the kiss and I wasn't real eager to be alone with him again anytime soon. Despite the fact that I knew we had to patch things up to at least civil levels soon or Voldemort would take away Sirius, as a part of me had feared all week. How ironic that I need to be close to Draco, oh damn it, I mean Malfoy, to be with and save Sirius.

I bit my lip as I stared openly at Malfoy, who, for his part, was merely gazing into the fire, a pensive expression on his face. It was nice for once, to look at him without seeing pug hanging off of him, and this, this was a nice unobstructed view.

He really was quite good looking; it wasn't a wonder that most of the Slytherin girl population, and even some of guy population, were after him. Although, now that Parkinson's hooked him, I suppose it's all rather meaningless now. I wonder what he sees in her? All I've ever noticed is that she's a total troll posing as a girl, nothing spectacular. Nothing worthy of him.

I forced myself to look away. Going down that road, even in my thoughts, led to no good.

Sirius' words wandered back to me,

"We're linked, Maria, I know exactly what you feel, always."

Yes, thinking of Malfoy, in any capacity, was not good, not good at all. It is…well…unfaithful…that's what it is. Wait. No. That would imply. No. Oh, I just need to get out of here and then I'll be fine. Maybe if I run for it, I can make it past him, out the wall, how strange that I just thought that, and to Dumbledore's office. As soon as I do that, I'll be fine, perfectly fine even. Somebody will name something after me, that's how happy and fine I'll be. I thought to myself irrationally, my pulse quickening as I officially stepped into the common room, alerting Draco to my presence.

I froze, so much for my running idea, as I watched him turn in his seat to look at me. His expression immediately darkening considerably before changing to a cold indifferent smirk. I was beginning to hate that look. The one that reeked of total and utter lies, I should know, I wore it myself often enough.

"Malfoy." I said, my voice sounding almost shaky to my own ears. What was wrong with me? Be the confident witch you know you are! I thought to myself furiously.

"Le Fay." He replied casually, not even bothering to rise from his chair, "Up early this morning are we?"

"Obviously," I replied coolly, taking a few steps closer to both him and the exit, "I'm not alone apparently."

"Apparently." Said Draco in a bored tone, turning away from me to gaze back into the fire.

I could feel myself beginning to fume at his indifference. He was acting as if I was not even worth his time and after….how dare he!

"Care to actually face me when you talk, Malfoy?" I launched angrily, moving forward to stand directly in front of him. Only to be infuriated further when he looked up at me nonchalantly and simply replied,

"Do I have a choice?"

Irrational rage filled my veins, he kissed me and then he treats me like….

Sirius. All my livid and out of place thoughts grinded to a halt. What was I doing? I had Sirius and here I was…

I shook my head, as if coming out of a daze, "I…I," I began, stuttering slightly, not even looking at Dra…Malfoy, "I have to go." I finished, turning and walking away from him towards the exit, when I felt a hand clasp my wrist. I turned to face Draco, a look of seriousness on his face, his gray eyes piercing into my own, "Don't." I said softly.

"Why?" He replied huskily, and I watched his eyes drift to my lips.

I frowned, "You know why." I replied, irritated, trying to reach my arm away, "Now let me go before I make you." I said lowly, meeting his lustful gaze with a glare.

"You make me?" Said Draco amused.

I batted my eyes before giving him a demure smile. I watched as his face relaxed for a second, before I allowed some flames to form on my wrist, scorching him instantly and causing him to release me.

"What did you do that for?" He questioned me angrily, clutching his burnt hand.

I smirked, "Don't say I didn't warn you, Malfoy." Then, without another word, I turned and left the common room.