The Taste of Your Lips

jellybeans

“ No I refuse.” I told Kayla, crossing my arms over my chest.

“So you’re telling me that you would rather walk two miles than just get a ride with me and my friends?” she asked, squinting her eyes at me.

“I don’t know your friends. They could be in a secret society that kills people. So yes, that is what I am saying. And two miles isn’t shit.” I told her.

“You’re going to be wearing that costume though, you’re going to die of heat stroke.” she said, smirking.

I scrunched my nose. She was not going to win this one.

“I’d rather die in my Pepper costume than ride with your unknown friends.” I said standing up.

“You know Esmee, you’re one of the most stubborn people I know.” Kayla sighed. I just smiled.

“I know. Well I should go. Work is going to suck. Do you know how many people are going to be buying candy for tomorrow?” I told her. She just laughed.

“Well have fun; and can you bring me some jellybeans? I’d love you more.” she grinned.

“Ugh, why do people use me for candy?” I pouted.

“Maybe because you work in a candy shop?” she suggested.

“That’s a possibility.” I shrugged. “ I’m off to hell. I’ll see you tomorrow night Kay. And yes there will be jellybeans.” I told her as she opened her mouth to remind me.

“Yay! By Ez.” she said, waving from her apartment couch.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why was it that the last customer was always the worst?

“No ma’am. We ran out of those about two hours ago.” I said blankly. I was beyond tired.

“Well can you go check again? I promised my niece she’d have those gummy bears.” the woman spat.

“Ma’am, I have checked three times already. They are not going to magically appear.” I said coldly. He lips went into a hard line, making them turn white. Then she huffed.

“I am not recommending this store to anyone! The service is horrible!” She screeched as she walked out the door. At the same time a young man walked through it, an amused look on his face as he watched the older woman leave.

“What did you do to her?” he said, laughing as he came to the counter.

“I didn’t have the candy she wanted.” I said plainly.

“Oh damn. You better have jellybeans or I’m going to throw something.” he joked. I just laughed.

“Oh, I’m scared.” I said putting my hands up.

“Bette be.” he smiled.

I just shook my head and walked around the counter, past him and too the door. I flipped the ‘OPEN” sign to ‘CLOSED’.

“Oh well look at that, I’m the last customer!” he said clapping his hands together.

I just shook my head again. He was crazy.

“What can I get you? Please make it easy. I have been here by myself for thirteen hours, with crazed candy lovers. And I have a good two hours of cleaning to do.” I told him, gesturing to the messy store. He smirked.

“Nope, my candy order is going to be the worst. Only because you said that.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I sighed a little, glaring at the dirty blonde in front of me.

“Luckily, me being a nice person, I am. All I would like is two pounds of jellybeans and a half pound of sour gummy worms.” he smiled.

“Oh thank god.” I sighed, grabbing a bag and starting his order.

“And…”he started. My head shot up and I waited for him to continue.

“I would love to help you clean.” he finished. I was taken-back.

“I’d love that. But if my boss ever found out my ass would be grass.” I told him.

“I promise to never tell a soul that I did a pretty girl a favor and helped her clean.” he grinned. My smile grew and my cheeks grew hot.

I finished getting his order and then we started cleaning. We talked mostly, just about random things. He was extremely cool.

“Uhh, finally.” I groaned, locking the store doors. He was waiting for me, smiling as usual.

“Thank you. So much.” I told him.

“No problem. I had a fun time actually.” he said walking with me.

“Do you have a car?” he asked once we got out of the shopping complex.

“Nope, busses are my transportation.” I said, shaking my head.
“Let me drive you home. Please? It’s really late and I’m not comfortable with a gorgeous girl alone in this city.” He said seriously, looking at me. I blushed again.

“I live kind of far…” I confessed.

“It doesn’t matter. Can I please take you home?” he was begging now.

“Oh alright. If you insist.” I shivered. It was colder than I thought it would be.

“Here.” he said taking off his jacket and giving it to me. “My car isn’t that far.”

“Oh no, I cant take that.” I said, shaking my head at the jacket.

“Take it. I’m not cold at all.” he said, shoving the jacket into my arms.

I sighed in defeat, taking the jacket and putting it on. It fit perfectly. He looked at me and smiled.

“Here we are.” he said, stopping in front of a tiny black car. We got in and I told him where to go. Time seemed to fly by. One minute we were on the highway, another minute we were in front of my apartment. He parked and walked me to the complex door.

“Thanks again. I had a good time with your company.” I told him.

He took a step towards me, closing the gap between us. My heart started to race.

“You should tell me your name.” he said softly. I shook my head and bit my lip.

“Why not?” he asked.

I made the decision in my head a split second before I did it. The next thing I knew I was kissing him, and he was kissing me back. We pulled apart and he smiled.

“I’m keeping this.” I said, referring to his jacket that I was still wearing. “ I’m going to take it everywhere I go. If…if we see each other again then we’ll…”

“We’ll see if we are in-separable after our amazing evening together. Or we will see if it was a mistake we ever met.” he said looking into my eyes. He was now biting his lip.

“Don’t tell me anything. Not your name, anything. I don’t need to know now, but I will know. Goodnight mystery man.” I said opening the door.

“Goodnight candy lady. I’ll see you again.” he said smiling, stepping back.

I grinned closing the door and running up the stairs to my apartment. I only wished a million times that I’d see him again. And soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, I like this one.
Comment?
that would be great.