The Taste of Your Lips

salt shaker

“Do you have my jellybeans?” Kayla screamed through the phone.

“Yes I do.” I told her as I looked at the bag of jellybeans I got for her.

“Good!” she said, still very loudly.

“I’ll be there in twenty minutes. Alright?” I said as I got my things together.

“Okay! Hey, there is a guy here in a salt shaker costume. He is extremely hot.” She informed me.

“Awesome. Now good-bye. I’ll see you in a few.” I said, then hung up.

I walked to the door and chuckled at my reflection in the mirror. I was a giant pepper shaker, and I looked ridiculous.

I double checked that I had my wallet, phone and keys in my pockets, and walked out the door. Two miles wasn’t really hard, it was faster than I anticipated. I didn’t understand what Kayla said about me dying of heat stoke. It was October, and October in Maryland was not very warm. Luckily I had the jacket on.

I walked up the steps to the front door of the house and sighed. There were a lot of cars parked outside, and crappy music blaring from inside. I would rather pass out candy to screaming children than be at a party.

I opened the door and rolled my eyes. Most of the girls here were wearing costumes that hardly had any fabric on them. This embarrassed me.

I wondered through the house in search for Kayla. She informed me that she was going to be wearing a maid costume. Now that I was in the house with a whole bunch of people in it I was staring to get hot. Great.

“Esmee!” someone squealed from behind me.

I spun around and was faced with Kayla and a guy attached to her arm.

“Hey Kayla.” I said less than enthusiastically.

“This is Mark. Mark this is Esmee.” She grinned.

“Nice to meet you.” I said as politely as I could. I really didn’t tolerate the guys that Kayla saw. They were never any good.

“Well, I am going to find something to drink that is non-alcoholic.” I told her, turning and walking away. It may have been rude, but she would have been doing the same thing to me if I waited a few minutes more.

After numerous attempts of trying to find a soda and failing I decided to go outside and get some fresh air.

I sat down a smoothly as I could, in the only spot that was open. It was as far away as possible of the people making out and the obnoxious music. I wanted to leave already.
I just sat there looking at the sky. I was a great day to be outside. It was still day time, and the sun was just beginning to descend.

A guy in a pimp outfit sat down next to me and I couldn’t help but to laugh at his outfit. It was a light blue suit, with a white frilly shirt underneath it. He had a giant fake gold clock hanging around his neck, big gold glasses and a blue fedora on top of his head. He was just smiling at me.

“Like the outfit?” he winked.

“I love your sad attempt at being Flava-Flav.” I told him. He pouted.

“At least I’m not a giant pepper shaker. But my friend is the salt shaker…” he told me, a smirk playing on his face.

“I heard there was salt her…” I trailed off, looking around the yard.

“He is not as sexy as me though.” he stated. I just laughed.

“The name is Jack.” he said, sticking his hand out.

“Esmee.” I said, taking his hand and shaking it.

“You have a nice name. Very unique.” He told me, smirking.

“Thanks.” I said, giggling.

“You Don’t look very happy to be here.” he said, looking me in the eye.

“I have bad times at parties.” I told him truthfully as I looked to the ground. “One in particular.”

“You want to tell me about it?” he asked, his face turning serious.

I studied him and wondered if I could trust him. He honestly looked interested.

“You’re not intoxicated in any way, shape or form?” I asked him.

“Nope. Completely sober for once. I was drawn as this weeks designated driver.” he said, holding up a Pepsi. I frowned.

“Where did you find a soda? I have been looking for one since I got here.” I told him, my lips pursed. He giggled.

“I have a stash. I’ll be right back.” he told me, jumping up and running off into the house.

He seemed trustable, like someone I could talk to. And like someone who would care.
He emerged from the house five minutes later with a salt shaker following him. I looked at the grass again.

“Go away.” Jack snapped to the salt shaker.

“No Jack, I want to meet the pepper shaker. You said she was hot.” he hissed back. He sounded familiar.

“Here’s your soda. I hope you don’t mind sprite.” Jack said, waving a can in front of my face. I laughed again.

“I love Sprite. Thank you.” I said, looking up at him and taking the can.

“Esmee?”

My head shot up and I looked to the salt shaker. And I felt my jaw drop.
♠ ♠ ♠
song of this chapter:
Whats My Age Again?
Blink-182.

Wheres Gaskarth?