Front Porch Story

Front porch

"WOOHOO!" Ana, Lisea and myself cheer as the guys rock on stage a couple of weeks after the fire.
"We should play a prank on the guys." Lisea says evilly.
"What did you have in mind?" Ana asks interested in the idea.
"We each take our guy aside and tell him we're pregnant, and then hopefully they'll go to talk to each other about it and realize it was all a crazy prank."
"Hmm this is a risky prank." I say laughing. "What if they don't see the humor?"
"Uh, it's them. They find humor in everything." Lisea says confidently.
"Yeah, so we tell them tonight?" Ana asks just to make sure.
"Yeah." Lisea says as the guys walk toward us. "Show time."

"Hey Billie," I say pulling him away casually.
"Hey, were we good?"
"Yeah, but I want to talk to you about something."
"Go ahead."
"Remember the beautiful night we shared last week?"
"Which one?" Billie asks laughing.
"Well, something resulted in that, I'm late."
"What?!" Billie says in disbelief, I couldn't believe what I was doing this was such a mean prank.
"Yeah."
"Hold on, I just need a second." He says walking towards the bathroom. I look over at Lisea, she's alone too. I walk over to her.
"This prank's not funny." I mutter.
"Yeah, I realized that." She says looking down at her feet. Ana comes and joins us.
"I don't think this was a good idea, Mike's really taking this to heart."
"We should just tell them now." I suggest.
"They're in the washroom." Lisea mutters. "Oh wait here they come."

"We've come to make things right." Mike says as the three of them go down on one knee in front of us.
"Will you marry me?" They all say in unison.
"Lying weasels!" Tre yelps as we just stare at them blankly.
"That was a cheap prank." Billie says as he stands up and crosses his arms.
"I'm sorry." I say sincerely.
"I forgive you." Billie says hugging me, "Just don't prank me with something so serious ever again."
"Trust me, I won't. You're the only person I hate lying to." I mumble into his shirt.
"I believe you," he says holding me close. "It's the eyes, isn't it?" I burst out laughing.
"Yeah, it is and the fact I love you too much." I mutter.
"Love you too." He says kissing the top of my head.

***
I look through the window of the tattoo parlor. I wanted to get something done for Billie. After a couple of seconds of consideration I walk in.
"What can I do for you?" a guy at the counter asks as he looks at me with interest.
"I'd like a tattoo in honor of my boyfriend." I say nervously.
"So what? Would you like a heart with his name in it?" He asks laughing.
"Fuck no! That's so cliché." I say insulted. "I saw in the photo in the window the swirly flame like designs; I'd like something similar surrounding his name."
"Alright," he says finally taking me seriously, "let's see what we can do." He pulls out a paper and pencil and begins sketching.

After about fifteen minutes he came up with a design, which I liked and he sat me in the chair and I rolled up my sleeve so he could tattoo my arm. It hurt but it was worth it in the end when I saw how awesome it looked. The tattoo artist bandages it up and I pay him before heading out the door.

"Where'd you go?" Billie asks when I get back to the apartment.
"Got a tattoo." I say casually as I lie next to him on the sofa.
"Seriously?" he asks all of a sudden awake, "Can I see it?" I pull up my sleeve and he carefully peels of the bandage.
"You like it?" I ask nervously.
"It's awesome." He says as he carefully puts back the bandage and squeezes me in a tight hug. "I feel so loved."
"Knew you would." I say happily.
"Why do you feel so loved?" Mike asks walking into the living room, Ana not far behind.
"Adie got a special tattoo just for me." Billie says proudly.
"What you mean on her..."
"No!" I yell, "Do you have any idea how much that would hurt?!"
"Then what kind of tattoo is it?" Ana asks casually.
"It's on her arm, it's my name with swirly thingies around it." Billie says as he holds me close.
"Can I see?" she asks eagerly.
"Uh yeah." I say carefully peeling off the bandage again.
"Oh it's nice." She says in slight awe.
"Yeah, you got a good tattoo artist." Mike says looking it over.