Velvet Stars.

Chapter elven. Shock. Rosalind.

Farther wasn't happy with my lack of research. He didn't hit me because form his knowledge I had at least done research, just not as much as he had hoped. So I was forced to stay another night. And I was knackered already. The whole day was spent trying to trace the second vampire, and there was no way Lilli could stay tonight because she had way much to do.
So I sat at the table, surrounded by books feeling immensely depressed. I leafed through the books finding more and more spine chilling facts about vampires. It got deep into the night and I closed the file I had just completed when I herd.
“Rosalind?” no, not again. I was nearly sick over my work. But once again I felt as if some one was pulling strings, making me walk into the room, how eve much I didn't want to. Like the voice in the air was compelling and full of little strings.
“Yes.” I whispered. It was happening again. I wanted Lilli to burst through the door with sweets again but it wouldn't happen.
“Help.” I didn't agree with killing because some ones different, I learnt this from what happened with my mother. In fact I completely disagreed. I walked slowly over to a mini fridge in the corner of the room and opened it. It was stacked full of bags of blood used for bait when catching a vampire. My heart was spinning out of control. Was this right? How many more people would this vampire kill if I set her free. But at least she had to kill. We are trying to kill her but don't have to. Its the way she keeps alive. If she is living? You get what I mean. A thought washed over me. If I gave her this opportunity then she may repay me the favour, by getting me out of here. I was breathing heavily as I took ten bags in my arms from it. I was trembling so hard. I took a couple of steps towards the cage. I herd a snarl form inside and it rattled. She could smell the blood.
“If I free you – will you kill me?” I cried. There was another hiss.
“Are you one of them that captured me?” she rasped and I could here the pain and blood lust in her voice.
“I joined yesterday. I didn't have any choice, I'm the leaders daughter. I didn't do anything, I just watched. I hate it, I don't agree with it.” I felt the tears sliding down my cheeks.
“I hate it.” I repeated and she paused. Could she read my mind? I read that, but only with older vampires.
“Your telling the truth.” she whispered. Vampires can detect whether or not your telling the truth by searching your mind, but she may have just herd my stiffened sobs and tears.
“Yes!” I cried.
“Then no, I won't kill you.” she snarled. I walked slowly towards the cage an herd a groan of pleasure as the smell of the blood arrived. There was a little hatch at the top. I opened it with a flash and dropped the bags back in. I herd the sound of the wet blood being sloshed around in side as I ran from the room to get her cloths clothes.
How many times could I make my heart jump so? Would it take the strain? The door of our flat HQ opened making me jump so hard this time I threw the clothes I was holding all over the room. I ran to the door. I forgot Tara, Tom and Ryan had all done night duties. They rushed in and grabbed me by the arm, I tried to protest but they carried on,
“I think we may have tracked the other one! We need your help, come with us.” he cried and grabbing some stuff of the table rushed out the room, I followed by his heels with no choice.
We ran down the steps quietly, not that any one was sleeping, these apartments were used more for business.
I jumped in the awaiting car and we sped off down the road, Tara was sitting waiting in the back with a loaded gun in her hand. I looked away from it in disgust. What was I being dragged into?
We pulled up down a little graffiti ally way (there seemed to be a lot in the back parts of town round here), bit where no one goes any more. There was a couple of the homeless scattered round. It smelt of stale piss and alcohol.
“Okay, it was reported round here some where.” Tom whispered to Ryan as they walked round with there guns pointing up in front of there faces. I just waltzed on ahead, hands in pockets (of my very nice, purple pinafore dress), looking round randomly. We ventured around for a while till I spotted something. We were searching when I pulled some old dustbins out the way to find a crack in the wall, a very pale waxy yellow hand was hanging out of it, and as I crouched down on my knees I saw a body had been stuffed into the large crack in the wall. Feeling slightly faint I stood up and caught Ryan's attention, I nodded towards the squashed corpse. His eyes widened and he jogged towards me.
“Good man!” he patted me on the back, his eyes glowing at it. He took the hand and pulled it out, I was half surprised it didn't rip off. I wasn't squeamish about corpses but this one. It was highly disturbing. Th poor blokes body was drain of blood, and half his throat was hanging out, but just above where his throat had been ripped were two small lacerations of a vampires bite.
“Yup, a vampire attack.” Tara whispered holding up a very professional looking camera and flashing a couple of shots of the body. She snapped the shutter and slipped it round her neck, moving back from there huddle.
“Lets go!” we jumped up and tagged along by her to the car where we sped off again down the road – I mean come on! The Vamp isn't gonna stick round where ever she's killed is she? And according to them the meal had happened earlier today, rather than later. We had some one on disposing of it already – by phone.
We just spent the rest of the night chasing the vampire. I was falling asleep by the end. A sharp elbow nudged into my side.
“Okay, your get a couple of hours sleep I guess. See you in the morning.” Tara snapped, obviously very stressed by the failure. I realised they were all waiting for me to jump out the car and run to the HQ. So I did, but painstakingly slowly just to annoy them, without a clue where my dad had been that night, but he never tells me anything. I instantly felt guilty as the drove on. I wasn't the type of person to be like that – but I was incredibly peed off at the moment with the people I was working with and the fact we just drove round all night, contently getting in and out to run around, just to get nothing. And now I was absolutely flagged out of my head. I dragged the word out as I clicked open the door and ran up the steps. When I got into the apartment I was ready to crash onto the bed and fall asleep. I opened the door, dumping my bags on the floor and turned around to look at my bed that was in the corner. And then my heart jumped so hard at this shock I did something I had only done once before in my whole life. I fainted.