Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

I Went Too Far.

I must have stepped too far over the line this time to be brought here, to be stood in front of an Archangel. They are some of the highest ranking Angels in Heaven and I wasn't ashamed to say I was scared.

I raked my mind, trying to figure out what I could have possibly done wrong to deserve this. Everybody knew that if you were placed in front of an Archangel, it was probably the end of you. It's just a matter of fact.

This particular Archangel was named Michael, one of the strictest to ever grace Heaven. His thick, brown hair curled to his face, just above his high cheekbones. His liquid black eyes were staring directly at me, a glint of anger in them. How I wished that I could have been put before Gabriel, he was more merciful then Michael.

'Zachariah, you know why you have been brought here?' boomed his voice, so deep and low it was almost impossible to understand.

'I am unaware of the particular reasons. Maybe you could refresh my memory?' I said smoothly, trying to ease the tension a bit of polite conversation.

'Don't try and be humorous here, Zachariah. This is no time to be laughing. It has been brought to our attention several times that you fail to keep the rules and we have been generous enough on many occasions to let you go unpunished.' he barked at me.

This was it then. I was doomed.

'Unfortunately, you have unabashedly kept dismissing the responsibilities of an Angel and it is now that you are to get what you deserve.'

'I swear I won't do anything wrong again, please. Please just let me be on my way and-' I started but he shouted over me.

'No more chances, Zachariah. You know how you can return but you must mean it. Not just blunder around as soon as you hit earth to find a victim in need. Now is the time. Goodbye, Zachariah, and good luck.'

As he finished speaking, he stepped up to me and grasped my shoulders. I flinched at his touch and gasped as I felt myself falling backwards.

I did not land on my back as I expected.

Instead, I was hurtling down through the sky, my arms flailing pointlessly about me. I knew my wings were useless, I was going to be stripped of them as soon as I came in contact with the earth's surface.

The wind whipped at my face and I felt my eyes smarting with tears. I could see the wispy white of the clouds as I flew past them, saw the green land growing ever closer to me.

I couldn't stop and I was going to hit the land. Somehow, all I could think of was 'I wonder if this will hurt?'

As I sped faster and faster to the Earth, I could make out strange, glowing lights. Some were stationary, some were moving across black paths. I wondered what they were.

The land was now more of a Grey colour then green. There were also large block objects that seemed to be made of brick, again lights were spilling from them.

There was an awful lot of light here...maybe it was because it was so dark?

I braced myself to prepare for the impact with the Earth.

Heaven knows what I looked like to any humans that saw me.