Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

Getting Caught.

I pulled back from Erica and she was watching me with a look of amazement and disbelief on her face.

She was blushing as she sat up properly and leaned into my side.

'Zach?' she asked.

'Yes.'

'Did that just happen?' Erica wondered.

I laughed at her question and because I knew by the way she said it, that whatever I had just done was a good thing, so I pulled her face to mine again.

'Does that answer your question?' I said, chuckling.

'I...yeah. It does.' she giggled. 'How did you know how to kiss me? You looked sort of confused just before you did.'

I hesitated. So that's what that thing was called? A kiss?

'I was confused.' I admitted. 'I didn't know if I was doing the right thing. It was sort of like an impulse.'

She grinned at me and leaned towards me slowly.

'Really? How does me being this close make you feel?' she breathed, her nose almost touching mine and her eyes looking directly into mine.

I felt my heart accelerate, thumping loudly against my chest. I hope she didn't hear that. My breathing sped up too as she inched closer.

'I...I erm...' I stuttered. I forgot how to talk. What did she just say?

Her hands rested lightly on my shoulders as she moved closer, if that were possible. I could feel her lips brushing against mine as she spoke.

'You okay, Zach? That didn't really make much sense.' she whispered but I could feel her smirk.

I didn't know what to do. How come when I kissed her, I hadn't felt this...helpless? Was it because she was the one in control now?

Footsteps on the landing made Erica freeze, she shoved me off the bed and I landed on the floor in a daze.

'Hide.' she murmured to me, pointing to underneath her bed.

I scrambled quickly onto my stomach, managing to hide just in time as a pair of feet walked into the room. They weren't her mum's feet, they looked different.

'What was that noise?' asked a deep voice. It was her brother, Liam. 'It was like a loud thump or something.'

'Oh, that was just me. I kinda fell off my bed.' Erica lied smoothly. 'Why, hoping I'd hurt myself?'

Liam laughed. 'No, Erica. Dad just sent me up to check, it wasn't like I wanted to stumble into girl territory.'

His feet walked over and I saw the bed above me sink closer as he sat down.

'Why did he want you to check? I'm perfectly fine.' Erica said curiously.

'Oh, you know. We had a phone call from school, they told us you and Zach had come home early because Zach didn't feel too great or something. Where is Zach, by the way?'

Erica was silent for a moment. For a second, I panicked and I didn't know why.

'Oh, he just went for a walk. He feels a lot better, just he wanted some fresh air, you know?'

'Sure. I won't tell them he's under the bed right now if you don't tell them I went to that party last week.' Liam said matter-of-factly. The bed lifted again and I saw his face appear near the gap close to where I was hiding.

'Hi there, Zach. Would you like to join us out here?' he asked.

I slid out from under the bed and stood awkwardly at the side, near Erica. I didn't really know how to act around him, I'd only met him twice before now. He was always busy and out when I was around.

'Dude, I'm not going to deck you one 'cause you like my sister.' he told me, nudging my arm with his fist. 'In fact, I was wondering if you want to hang out with me, I have this new game on the PS3 and I thought it'd be cool if we became friends and crap. I mean, dude. You're living in my house after all.' Liam told me.

I didn't know what to say to him. What was he talking about, something about a game? How did he know I liked Erica? What if his whole family knew?

'You don't know he likes me, Liam! And he's not a fan of the PlayStation, he's more of the erm...reading type.' Erica said, saving me.

'Oh, fair enough. We'll have to find something else to do then.' Liam snickered.

He walked to the door and his hand froze on the handle. He turned back to us smirking.

'And Erica, I do know he likes you. It's almost sickening the way you two look at each other. I'm surprised mum and dad haven't caught on yet. But like I said, it's cool. I won't say anything to them.'

He walked out of the room, winking as he left.

Erica let out a sigh.

'That was erm...well, I dunno. It could have been worse.' she mumbled.

I nodded. Liam wasn't so bad, he had the same down to earth attitude that Erica has.

Then Erica turned to me.

'So, Zach.' she said lightly. 'Where were we before Liam totally butted in.'

I had that nervous feeling again as she stood up from the bed and stepped towards me. Even though I felt nervous, I knew I was grinning.

She took another step closer to me and wrapped her arms behind my head.

'Let's just hope that my dad doesn't burst in here now.' she smiled as she leant her face towards mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh maaaaaaaan, I LOVE all your comments. I've said that before though, right?
Still, I'm telling you again. I'm so glad you all like my story :)

Thank you to the following people for their recent comments:
gimmeurtots72
oblivious_hipocrite
ricagovern97
franks_not_dead
ccsinger21
who.could.guess

This chapter is for you guys.
But again, thank you to every other person who's commented/subscribed/read my story.
Seriously, you're all cool.