Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

Taking Advantage.

I could feel a cold breeze on my face. My eyes clenched shut and I rolled over so I could press my face into the pillow. The cold air was persistent though, I could feel it ruffling my hair.

My arm swung out to the side, to the source where the cold was coming from. I felt my hand hit something soft and I jumped up and looked around drowsily.

It was Erica. She was knelt at the side of the settee where I had been asleep and was grinning at me widely.

'Hey there.' she said, mussing my hair with her hand.

Like Monday morning, I didn't feel too happy. In fact, I felt like I just wanted to collapse back into a deep sleep again and never resurface.

'Hey, I know what you're thinking and you can't. We have school...remember?' Erica asked me, grabbing my arm to tug me gently.

I groaned and stuffed my pillow over my face, trying to ignore her. Something I would never do if I was wide awake.

'Are all angels this miserable in the morning?' she pondered out loud, suddenly grabbing my hand and dragging me from the settee.

I jumped to my feet and shook my head, disorientated. I had almost forgotten that I was in Erica's living room.

Speaking of Erica...

She took a big stride forward, forcing me to back up into the wall behind me. Her grin was devious.

'So Zach. Don't you like going to school with me?' she whispered to me, her hands trailing up my arms to my shoulders.

'I...of course I do. Why...why do you ask?' I stammered.

'Oh, you know. It just seems like you don't really want to get up, it sort of makes me feel...' she hesitated and ducked her head into my shoulder so I couldn't see her expression.

'Makes you what?' I enquired.

'Makes me feel as if you don't like me.' she mumbled into my arm.

Oh. I knew what she was doing now. She was taking advantage of the fact that I liked her, she wanted to hear me say it again. I smirked and shook my head slightly.

'You know I do, Erica.' I told her.

'I don't know anything, what am I meant to know again?'

So she wanted to hear me actually say it then. It didn't annoy me, in fact...it made me feel sort of happy.

I leaned down, to put my mouth close enough to her ear so she could hear me properly.

'I like you Erica.' I said tenderly.

She shuddered slightly and when she pulled back, I saw her smile. She patted me on the arm.

'I like you too, Zach. Sure, you're a tad bit grumpy in the mornings but still...' she laughed, giggling harder when she saw me throw a scowl at her.

'Breakfast? God help me if you're even moodier when you're hungry.' she said, indicating for me to follow her to the kitchen.

'Oh...by the way. My mum is giving us a lift to school and...my dad wants to talk to you. He's waiting in the hall, don't let him intimidate you!' she ordered.

Her father would like a word with me? I felt ill at the thought. Whenever I saw him, even if they were for the briefest of moments, he still worried me. I just had the feeling that he didn't trust me.

'Erm...maybe you should go talk to him now. I don't think he'd like to wait...' Erica trailed off, pushing me carefully through the living room towards the hall.

I didn't say anything to her, just let her lead me to impending doom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in a day. Man, I'm on a roll or something.
7 stars...I love you guys, seriously aha.
Good chapter? Bad chapter? I have no idea, so tell me :)