Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

Protecting.

(Lou's point of view)

As soon as I said goodbye to Zach, I combed the corridors searching for her. What was she trying to do? Why would she do that to Zach?

Then I found her outside, leaning up against the wall and taking a drag from a cigarette. Her eyes flickered over to me quickly when she heard my footsteps approaching.

'Couldn't keep away, huh?' she grinned.

'What was that, Megan?' I insisted, storming over to her so I was literally toe to toe with her.

'Don't know what you mean.' she said, too innocently. She blew a cloud of smoke into my face.

I forced myself to swallow down the cough and keep my gaze locked onto her.

'You know what Zach's going through, i'm meant to be protecting him. How am I supposed to do that with you throwing yourself at him like that?'

She stared at me for a long time, not even blinking. She dropped the cigarette and crushed it under her bright green converse. I noticed she'd drawn her own little designs on the shoe, small wings scribbled onto the side.

'Nice.' I said, pointing down to her shoes.

Finally, she smirked at me and stretched her arms to the side of her. She let out a yawn, like she was tired or something.

'Lou, I had to do what I did. He needs to get rid of that damn attachment he's formed with that Erica girl so I thought...'

'You thought that you'd try and persuade him otherwise?' I questioned, rolling my eyes when she shrugged her shoulders.

'Megan, we're angels. You can't go around doing that, especially when we're meant to be looking out for him!' I fumed, digging my hands deep into my pockets.

'Well, I was helping him. I was helping him get rid of that ridiculous obsession he's developed.' she told me. She pulled out mascara and started applying it to her lashes. That informed me that she didn't exactly care what she'd done.

'It's not an obsession, Meg. He's...he's in love with her.' I sighed, sitting on a bench nearby. I brought out my sketch pad and started drawing.

'Love.' she snorted. 'Lou, angels can't fall in love with humans, that's like...that's like...oh my gosh. He has, hasn't he?'

I looked up briefly to give her a 'Well Dur!' kind of look, then went back to my sketching. Really, Megan can be so obtuse sometimes. How could she not spot the relationship between Zach and Erica?

'Lou, we can't let him do this! He's going to get hurt, he doesn't know how she's going to-' I cut across her, holding up a palm.

'I know. It's too late to sort that out though, we should have acted quicker when we saw them walking to her house the night he fell. We should have been the ones to take him in, Erica had just gotten there before us.' I muttered.

'But she's going to die.' Megan cried.

'Yes, she will. But it all depends on how Zach will act when the time comes. She could escape death until a very old age...of course, Zach will be back in heaven so he can't be with her. Or...well, Zach might not act at all. Either way, she's dead in the long run.' I said calmly.

There was nothing we could do, I knew that. I just didn't like the idea of Zach being the one to decide her fate, it will be hard on him.

'See? My plan would have worked.' she pouted. 'He could have fallen for me instead and we wouldn't be in this mess!'

'Vain much, Meg? You couldn't garauntee him falling for you. For one, your attitude kinda sucks. I don't know how you became an angel.' I smiled.

'Ha-ha. Very funny.' she grumbled, throwing me a dark look. 'What're you drawing anyway, don't you ever give that a rest?'

'No, I don't. And that's none of your business anyway.' I chuckled, closing the sketch book when she wandered over to look.

'Fine! I'll just go back to stupid lesson. I can't believe we have to sit through this till Zach gets back in heaven. It's so dull! I hate watching Zach!' she whined, throwing her arms up in the air. 'I'll see you later.'

She stalked off, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she went.

I shook my head, opening the sketch pad again. It was of a forest fire, not much relevance to anything really. I just felt like drawing it. The tree's were burning away, branches fallen and smoldering on the forest floor.

I sighed and hoped everything would turn out okay, if it were possible. I hoped that it wouldn't end up like the forest in my drawing...that is, end up in smoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
A conversation between Meg and Lou. Yep, they're both angels assigned to the duty of watching Zach, much to Meg's disdain.
I sort of enjoyed writing from Lou's point of view, I like his character aha.
Enjoy. I hope it doesn' t suck...I had to write this with a six year old screaming down the house, not exactly the best environment to write in.