Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

Archangels.

Michael glanced up at me as I walked towards him. He gave me a quizzical look but said nothing, instead beckoning to the rest of the archangels to gather around him.

Gabriel, thank goodness, was there. He stood tall, his golden hair waved down to his shoulders. On his face was a look of tranquility and peace, something that Michael never seemed to be.

‘I want to ask you something, a request if you will.’ I told them.

Gabriel smiled at me before he looked over to Michael. He had caught on to what I was going to say before it had even come out.

‘What is that, Zachariah?’ Michael said.

‘I want Erica to become an angel when she dies. Please.’ I pleaded, clasping my hands in front of me.

‘Zachariah, are you even aware of what your asking?’ Michael started but Gabriel cut across him. Something I would never have done.

‘Let him ask Michael. Can you not see how much he loves the girl?’

Michael watched me carefully, his eyes becoming wide as he saw something in my face.

‘Zachariah!’ he barked. ‘You do not love a human girl, do you?’

‘Love?’ I said unsure.

‘Yes, love. We cannot tell you if you love her or not, only you can. How do you feel when you’re away from her?’ he said.

‘Well I…I feel like I’ve been torn in half, like I can’t breathe properly without her. It feels almost painful, at least, psychically. It hurts terribly in my mind.’ I told them.

Gabriel and Michael exchanged looks. Michael looked more worried; Gabriel on the other hand looked thrilled.

The other archangels remained expressionless; they were less important then Michael and Gabriel. They were the highest ranking in the archangels. If anything, the rest would agree with what the two would say.

Finally, after a long moment, Gabriel turned to me.

‘We cannot promise you anything, of course. Zachariah, it is not in our hands to decide. However, if it is agreed that she is to become an angel, you will only find out on the day she dies. I’m sorry but that is how it is meant to be as even we are unsure whether she will become one until that day. It depends if she is worthy and if her life has been without…problems.’ Gabriel told me.

I sighed. This was better then I could have hoped, at least. If I must wait to find out, I shall. I still had one last request to make.

‘May I ask another-‘

‘Well, you might as well. We can’t seem to stop you.’ Michael chuckled.

I paused, thrown for a minute. Michael just laughed.

‘Well…may I see her on her birthday? I feel as if I should be there….to say goodbye properly.’ I asked them cautiously, not wanting to push my luck.

They looked at each other before giving me an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dunno if this seems shorter then the rest of my chapters?
Anyhow, hope you enjoyed it :)