Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

Party.

I watched the swirling colours as the lights flashed red, green and blue around me. I was seventeen...and it felt like a lifetime since I had last seen Zach.

But he was gone, he was back in heaven where he belonged…and I was stuck down here, alone.

Liam strolled past me and pulled me into a hug. He was probably the only one who really understood how I felt about Zach, he had comforted me when Zach had gone. He didn't know the real reason to why he had vanished, I just told him that his family had found a new house somewhere far away.

I looked to the people on the dance floor surrounding me, friends and family. They sent me smiles and cheerful pats on the back as they danced by me. I returned them half-heartedly as I moved away from them.

As I glanced up, I could have sworn I had seen a flash of chestnut hair. Who was I kidding? It was an easy mistake to make; these lights made everything seem so surreal, changing the colours of anything they touched. Even my skin looked weird…like an eerie blue.

Besides, I felt like I had been seeing Zach everywhere since he'd left me. The first time had startled me, I had been crossing a road when I thought I had seen him. I was so much in shock that I just stood there, gaping. I forgot that I was in the road and a car had been heading for me. A kid in my school, Lou, had luckily been there and he'd managed to pull me out of the way before I could get hurt. Since then, me and Lou become like best friends.

Still, I felt my heart thump erratically in my chest as I wove in and out of the guests towards the place I had seen the chestnut hair. Of course, it was just what I had thought…nothing. But naturally I had to make sure.

My eyes closed as I swayed gently to the music, I felt myself spinning slowly around and I raised my arms, feeling as if I was flying. A tear trickled down my face as I reached into my pocket to touch the feather I carried everywhere.

As I turned, my feet got twisted and I stumbled back, falling towards the floor. Instead of hitting the ground though, I was being spun around; strong arms were making me rotate on the spot...like we were dancing.

I opened my eyes and the sight took my breath away, I could hear myself laughing despite the fact that I was crying.

As his face split into a wide grin, I sobbed uncontrollably into his shoulder, my hands on his chest.

‘Y-you’re here!’ I choked between my breaths.

Zach smiled down at me. ‘Of course I am. Not even the angels could keep me away.’

He steered me out of the room, away from the party and settled us down on a bench outside the building. I didn't even know how to react, I just kept crying and hugging him tightly.

'Shh. It's okay, I'm here.' he whispered, rubbing circles on my back to calm me down. I tried my hardest to cheer up, I was wasting whatever time we had together.

'I've...i've missed you...so much.' I gasped, breathless from crying.

'I've missed you. It's feels as if it's been an eternity since...since I left.' Zach admitted, looking me in the eyes. 'The archangels allowed me to visit you today, to say goodbye properly.'

I knew it had been coming but the truth still hit me hard. We were never going to see each other again after this, I just knew it.

'Won't you be allowed to come see me again?' I asked faintly.

He hesitated before he answered. 'Probably not.'

I closed my eyes and nodded. I turned away before he could see me crying again.

'Hey...' he muttered, gently grabbing my face to make me look back at him. 'I came here to see you...no one else. Please don't turn away from me.'

I took a deep breath and ordered myself to smile. He was right, when were we going to have this opportunity again?

'There's the Erica I know!' he grinned, pulling me against his chest for a hug.

We sat like that for a while, just being together. It felt like enough, it felt like we didn't have to talk to enjoy this. Still, I couldn't help asking questions.

'How come I can't see your wings?'

His chest shook a little when he laughed. 'They're invisible to humans at the moment. I think people would start freaking out if they saw an angel walking amongst them.'

'That's true.' I giggled.

'It's almost midnight.' Zach said suddenly. He stood up and I watched him, confused. 'I have to go back soon. As soon as it hits twelve, I have to go. They allowed me to come to the party till then.'

I jumped to my feet then, not trying to stop him...just wanting to have a few more seconds with him.

'Like Cinderella.' I said. He gave me a curious look and I managed to laugh somehow, knowing that he was leaving again. 'It's sort of like a story Zach.'

He just smiled, he was used to be told what things were by me.

'It's a minute to midnight. I have to go...' he said urgently, striding up to me and kissing me gently. 'Erica...the archangels asked me something when I was in heaven and I...I didn't know what it was until I explained to them.'

I just looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

'Erica...I love you.' he mumbled, he was close enough that I could feel his lips moving against my own.

Well, that set me off again. I was crying but it was because I was happy. I wrapped my arms around his neck to kiss him again, then moved my mouth close to his ear to whisper back.

'I love you too, Zach. Always have, always will.'

He pulled back to smile at me, his face was so radiant that he seemed to be glowing from joy. His grin faltered slightly when he realised the time.

'It's time...I have to go.' he said, kissing me again before he stepped back. 'And Erica?'

I nodded expectantly.

'I'll always love you too.' he smiled.

Then he started to glow and I knew what was coming. Like the last time, I watched for as long as I could but when everything became dark again, I didn't cry. I smiled, knowing that he was out there somewhere...and knowing that he loved me back.

'You alright Erica?' someone asked.

I turned and saw Lou, leaning against the bench where me and Zach had sat. He must have just come out of the party to find me. I grinned at him.

'Yeah, Lou. I'm absolutely fine.'
♠ ♠ ♠
80 Subscribers, ay? Thank you, every single one of you :)
I guess the archangels let Zach visit Erica then, huh?
Ashamed to admit this but the inspiration for this chapter is Parachute by Cheryl Cole. aha!
Long chapter for you there but yet again, this story is not over!