Sequel: Guardian Angels.

I Am Fallen.

You're All That I Want.

My hands were covering my face as I choked down my sobs. I'd just seen Erica die, she looked so different...but I didn't love her any less. In fact, I was glad that I was there for her in the end.

Someone touched my shoulder and I jumped, looking up with tear filled eyes to face Lou and Megan.

'Hey, man.' Lou said, not even asking me if I was okay or not. He knew I wasn't.

'H-hi.' I mumbled, wiping the tears from my face. I must look pathetic, even Megan seemed sympathetic.

'Don't worry, Zach. Everything will turn out just fine, you'll see.' she told me, placing a comforting hand on my arm. I shook it off gently.

'You don't know that.' I said, turning away from them.

'Really? Wanna bet.' she called to me as I walked away. When I looked back, she was taking a drag from a cigarette. Could she do that here?

'Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I can smoke here, I need this. You should see the human I'm assigned to. He's a moron, a total moron. I have to spend the next how many years watching over him.' she said with an eye roll.

I knew she didn't mind being a guardian angel as much as she tried to let on. She wouldn't be here otherwise because in truth, all angels were caring. Unless, of course, you were one of the ones that went off the rails.

'What did you mean?' I asked sharply.

'That the smoking helps me? It's quite soothing, you know.' she said, confused but I was already shaking my head.

'No, not that. I meant the part where you said wanna bet.' I sighed, losing patience.

'Oh...' she caught on. Her face lit up with a grin. 'That's for me to know and you to...well, find out.'

She lifted her hands and started shooing me away, Lou was watching us with a bemused expression on his face. When I caught his eye, he winked at me and motioned for me to just go along with it.

'Meg, where are you taking me?' I questioned, allowing her to push me along.

'You'll see!' she sang.

Then she just stopped. Without a word, she left me and I shouted to her about what was going on. She didn't even look back.

'Great. As if I wasn't having a bad enough day, Meg decides to throw a prank at me too.' I grumbled, preparing to turn back and confront her.

That's when someone appeared, the light of an angel nearly blinding me. I froze, unable to move.

As the light faded, I saw the person had their back to me, I was looking at their soft, feathery wings. They were beautiful, tinted at the ends slightly with a pale pink.

'Excuse me, do you need something?' I asked, unsure of what exactly I could offer them.

Then she turned. A moment of shock, then a burst of radiant joy shot through me. I threw myself at her, wrapping my arms tight around her body as she hugged me back just as fiercely.

'Zach...am I...am I-' she started but I quieted her with a kiss.

'Erica...I can't believe it! They let you become an angel!' I cried, showering her face with more light kisses.

She giggled and I felt her grip tighten. 'We'll never be separated again, huh? That is...if you still want me here?'

'Of course I do! What kind of question is that? I love you, Erica!' I pretty much shouted. A passing angel turned to smile at me...I saw that it was Gabriel.

I mouthed 'thank you' at him and he nodded, gliding off gracefully.

'I'll always want you!' I told her sternly, focusing all my attention back on her and swearing to myself to never look away.

'And I'll always need you.' she smiled as she leant in to place another kiss on my lips.

I smiled into her mouth and knew that I was never going to let her go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...this is inspired by Heaven by Bryan Adams. Hey, I couldn't resist aha. Title taken from the song.
I thought it was suitable enough :)
I can't believe it's over! (That sounds way too dramatic but there you go. It's how I feel) and without sounding completely insane, I love every single one of you guys! I hope it was a good enough ending for you :)
Thank you.