First Act as an Adult

Downtown Disney

The first thing you see after going down the steps of the station and leaving the park is the Lego store; it is kind of hard not to miss it. We did not go in but it was very impressive, far more impressive then the Lego store at a mall near our house. Instead we went to the pin shop. All they sold were Disney pins. My mum and I thoroughly looked through all the pins while my dad did something or another. My mum got a few pins for relatives and some for herself and I picked out a haunted mansion pin. It was shaped like a key and had the organ player on it with a tassel on the end. I now have three pins: a Snow white witch pin that said wicked that my friend gave me, a piece of Aztec gold pin, and my new haunted mansion pin.

At the pin shop my mum and I got the cashier that was very happy. Clearly he loved his job or was one really good actor. My mum summed up the guy this way, ‘he is like the gay guy on Glee only Asian.’ To which I agreed and reminded her, his name was Kurt, the character on Glee not the cashier, and you can bet a million dollars that this cashier wished me happy birthday, but not only that but he even said, ‘Happy Birthday Charlotte’, taking the time to read the other font on my button. I did the smiled and nod thing before we walked away and headed to other areas of Downtown Disney. There were many stores, like ice cream where my dad tried to convince us to go in even though it was freezing outside. We walked to the end of the area and made our way back to the Monorail around 3:26. We had a plan to stick to.

While heading back to the park entrance/exit we could not help but notice the long queue outside the House of Blues. It consisted mainly of teenaged girls either sitting or standing and talking to their friends. We then decided to hold a guessing contest as to who could be performing. I said it was either someone from the cast of Twilight was sitting in the audience or the Jonas Brothers. Seeing how we were at Disneyland the latter was more likely, but I wouldn’t hold it past crazed Twilight fans to figure out where any cast members will be. In conclusion, we never did find out who was there that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Speaking of legos, on my car keys I had a mini lego batman and it is gone. It probably fell off somewhere and when my brother sees he will kill me. He put the batman on there back when we shared the car. Oh well.

Thanks for reading, comments are appreciated.

-Charlotte