First Act as an Adult

New Orleans Square at Night

Our motto is: when in doubt head to New Orleans Square. So we did. We had not been on the Haunted Mansion yet so we walked down there but the queue this trip was quite long so we got a fast pass for this ride as well. Then we headed back towards Frontierland and went to the River Belle Terrace and had a coffee break. My mum was the only one to get coffee, I got hot chocolate, and my dad got limeade. We were still full from lunch at Blue Bayou but we needed to sit and it was cold so a warm drink was nice (don’t asked what my dad’s story is). Inside the River Belle Terrace, it smelled like turkey sandwiches, which smelled really good, but I was full and I can’t eat them but the smell was nice. We grabbed a table outside and did some people watching.

There were a few families around us with their children wrapped up in blankets and a dad sitting there saving the table wrapped in a blanket with an empty stroller. We watched as a lady went by selling balloons. There were white Jack Skelington head balloons, that I was tempted to get, and clear balloons with white Mickey Mouse heads inside that would light up with different colours. The lights from the Mickey balloons would transfer and the Jack head balloons would light up too. I watched that for a bit while sipping my hot chocolate, I had already burned my tongue on it. Eventually the lady went away and I focused on finishing my hot chocolate.

Finding our first experience on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride to be not up to par, and we had some time to kill before going on the Haunted Mansion, we got back in the slightly shorter queue and managed to breeze right through the waiting. I had a pleasant encounter with the woman assigning the riders a row on the boat before going to the first row. This time the ride was slower and we only bumped into one other boat at the end of the ride. The only thing I did not like this time was water nearly getting in my eye, which has happened before and it is not recommended.

The exit for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride leads you right out to the middle of the shopping area in New Orleans Square so we went in a few stores because we still had time to kill before going on the Haunted Mansion. It was really crowded in the stores, which is explanatory since it was the end of the day and people want to get their souvenirs before leaving the park. I saw a few cool things that I liked, and one thing in Pieces of Eight that was cheap (for Disneyland) and very cool was a hat. It was the same style hat that I was wearing currently and it was white and black with silver thread stitched in and on the top and on the bill was this Victorian design in black velvet that if you looked really close you can make out times in the pattern where it would form Mickey Mouse heads. The store, however, was way too crowded that we decided to get out of there.

We made our way over to the Haunted Mansion and got in the fast pass queue. I took pictures while walking, my favourite decoration always being the animal statues with bows put onto them. We made our way inside and onto the ride. The previous year we tried all three of us on the ride but that didn’t work out so well. We were way too squished so I was by myself. I filmed this ride as well and I want for my future house to be exactly like this. As we made our way into the main room the ride stopped and I was right next to Jack Skelington and Zero. I filmed them for about half a minute before the ride started up again, I got lucky where I was stopped. We then made our way into the graveyard and I saw that there were some new things such as the singing jack-o-lanterns which were very cool.

Sadly the ride had to end and as we walked back to exit New Orleans Square my mum asked if there was anything else I wanted to do over here. I told them about the hat and she agreed to get it for me. We squeezed our way into Pieces of Eight and bought my hat. The cashier there wished me and ‘happy birthday’ and we decided to make our way towards Fantasyland.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love New Orleans Square, during the day it is amazing but then during the night it takes on a whole new level of amazing-ness. All, of course, during the holiday season.

Thanks for reading, comments are appreciated.

-Charlotte