First Act as an Adult

Frontierland

Coffee in hand we made our way to my dad’s favourite part of Disneyland. He is a big fan of old westerns and on our last trip to Disneyland we merely passed through Frontierland, much to my father’s disappointment. This time we did not pass by, in fact we went on a total of two whole rides there.

The first was the Mark Twain Steamboat ride. Seeing how we all still had our hot drinks that we could not scarf down, it would be illogical to attempt to go on Big Thunder Mountain. We sat down to attempt to finish our drinks when we saw the steamboat pull in to dock at the entrance right next to where we sat. With a notion of his head, and a suggestion, we got up and waited to walk onto the steam boat while quietly sipping at out coffee. While waiting I managed to finish mine and that was when we walked aboard.

I wanted to sit on the bottom deck at the front to film but my mum had other plans and we went to the very top deck and I raced to get a spot at the front of the boat so I can film and take pictures with no one in the way. That was when I saw probably one of the most adorable things ever, and I don’t really say many things are adorable that often. Down below in the spot where I wanted to sit was this old couple. The woman was in a wheelchair with a white Mickey Mouse cap on that had a bridal veil on it, the man had his arm around her shoulders and a black Mickey Mouse cap with a top hat on it. I had seen them earlier but this scene was just too perfect. My guess is that they were celebrating a wedding anniversary.

It took a while for the boat to start moving but once it did I think I lost my hearing. We were right next to the horn and the speaker. Every time the captain would blast the horn or be a tour guide my ears would be in pain. I filmed a few things here and there, as well as took pictures. The most entertaining bit was the ducks swimming around in the water.

Across from us I could make out the bright colours of a classic New Orleans ragtime band playing. I could hear some of the music as well but it was difficult over the commentary playing on the boat.

Overall the boat ride was very long and boring so I was happy to get off and go on something more fascinating.

Finally we got to the ride my father had been dying to go on (since we already went on Space Mountain): Big Thunder Mountain. He likes his mountains. Anyway the queue was somewhat long but we didn’t mind much. The people in front of us in the queue wished me happy birthday, causing my parents to smile widely and I noticed they were geeks.

There was an older woman who looked like the mum and two daughters or something. One of the girls said, and yes I was eavesdropping, “I’m using my old wallet because I like my new one too much.” She then proceed to pull out her new wallet which was a Kingdom Hearts wallet (pretty nice too). The other girl loved the wallet and wished she had one and then they started talking about Kingdom Hearts or something, I was busy after that getting a tic tac and sharing with my parental units.

Finally we got on the ride and it was entertaining for the most part. I don’t remember ever going on it before, I might have when I was way younger but it was like a new experience for me. Not as cool as Space Mountain but it was alright. I’m more of space girl then a cowgirl. My dad is everything all at once, that is why he is crazy.

Walking away from the ride there was this goofy show going on in Frontierland involving cowboys and a cross dresser that my dad really wanted to watch but my mum and I would not have it and we kept walking to avoid the people.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was surprised this chapter is so long. Out of all the locations in Disneyland Frontierland is my second to last favourite, my last favourite being Critter Country which we did not go to this trip. It was fun though.

Thanks for reading, comments appreciated.

-Charlotte