First Act as an Adult

Toontown

Last time we were in Disneyland we did not visit Toontown so we decided to head over there before lunch. Trekking our way through Fantasyland, pass the strollers and wheelchairs, and little kids dressed up in costumes, we finally made it to the wonderful world of toons.

At this time Goofy, Minnie, Donald Duck, and Clarabelle (whose name I forgot) were all out side their homes dressed up in their holiday best. My dad thought it would be great if I got a picture with one of them. I was highly against it and told him ‘no’ and he accused me of not liking cartoons. Really? I turn 18 and where do I decide to be on my birthday? Disneyland, which produced many classic cartoons. My mum rolled her eyes at her husband; she knew I loved cartoons. I just think cartoons should stay on paper or on a screen not come to life in scary costumes with big heads.

I took a few pictures of the houses and of the food area before we went to go wait in the queue for Roger Rabbits Car Toon Ride. It was a long queue. Halfway through I pulled out my DS and started playing Tetris; I could not read because the area to wait in was too dark. I finished maybe two levels when they announced that there would be a wait of four to five minutes till the ride began again. I got threw a few more levels when they announced it would be a five to six minute wait till the ride began again. A few people left the queue at that time and that’s when I noticed the kids in the queue in front of us. They were dressed, like many others, but they were some of the best. The older girl was dressed like Cinderella, and the younger boy was dressed like a pirate.

After the observation I went back playing Tetris when once again there was another announcement, now there was a seven to eight minute wait. More people left the queue and I continued to play Tetris. Shortly after the announcement went to three to four minutes, then to two, and finally the ride was started and we slowly made our way to the head of the queue. It was four people to one taxi so I got the front so I could film and drive and my parents sat in the back. The ride started and my mum had to remind me to drive so I was filming with my left and trying to turn the car (which was hard) with my right hand, so my right arm got a good work out.

The ride was fun and I have to say I love those badgers and I now have the recipe to the dip, which my father thought I already had and he accused me of using it on toons when he claimed that I did not like cartoons. I did not already have the recipe, but now I do.

We walked a bit around Toontown and went into the Gag Factory, which was just a souvenir shop where we got a cute onsie for my baby cousin Julian. There were some cool Mickey inspired kitchen utensils there was tempting but I refrained and went outside and took pictures while my mum bought some things.

Luckily right as I went outside Clarabelle was running by followed by Goofy and I managed to get pictures of them. I also took pictures of the surrounding area until we were ready to rush to make our lunch reservation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate my printer. It is new and it is online and working and my laptop is conneted to it but for some stupid reason it won't print anything. Technology recently has been annoying me. My iPod is eatting up it's batteries, my cell phone keeps turning off on me, my laptop likes to freeze, the TV remote has a mind of it's own and none of our printers like to work for me. Yay.

Thanks for reading.

-Charlotte