‹ Prequel: Kiss & Tell
Status: done :)

The Wrong You Like

California.

"Shit, shit, shit," I muttered to myself finding my white Toms and slipping them on my feet and grabbing my makeup bag. I looked at the clock on John's bedside table that read 4:46 A.M., we were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago, but I think we're going to be fine. I grabbed my phone charger and put it in my backpack and slung it on my back. John had already put it our bags in his car and Havlo was rubbing his eyes and waiting on the couch.

"Don't worry you guys, I'll hold the fort down," he yawned and I shook my head laughing, also worried for the first time. Justin groggily walked in only wearing boxers and looked angry, or just towards me.

"Why are you guys up this early?" He moaned rubbing his hair and grabbing a cup of water from the kitchen. Halvo answered him and I left the house to put my backpack in the backseat and kissed John on the cheek as he was walking out while I was walking in. I grabbed two cokes from the fridge and hugged Eric goodbye while John started the car.

"Don't get too crazy okay? Listen to Justin," I said before Eric hugged me while Justin rolled his eyes and scoffed. I hoped he would get over this whole teenage-moody thing.

"Alright, protect your carnal treasure!" Halvo yelled out as I ran over to the passenger door. I laughed looking around and glad none of the neighbors were out. I got into the car and passed John his coke. I smiled at him and we listened to the radio and started the road trip to Los Angeles.

"So what do you wanna do for six hours?" I asked crossing my legs underneath me. I was still wearing sweatpants and a tank top that I was sleeping in. I had brought a dress and make up to change into for the meeting with Chanel and John was wearing skinny jeans and a button down shirt, like he pretty much always wears.

"I don't know we could play twenty questions?" John suggested. I laughed looking over at him and nodded. So that's what we did for the whole trip. When we got stuck in traffic coming into L.A. it was actually extended into like 60 questions.

"Is it an animal?" John asked. I shook my head and John turned into the hotel parking lot and we looked around for a spot. "Is it an object?" I nodded and John smirked his little crooked smile and then got louder as he pulled into a spot "Is it your ring?" He asked nodding towards a little silver band on my right ring finger.

"Okay, you asked three questions. How did you know that?" I asked slightly amazed and slightly freaked out. John laughed and we got out of the car and grabbed our bags, I slipped on my backpack and followed him as he locked the door behind his back, I looked at my phone and realized we had to go to agency in forty-two minutes.

John checked in and I told him how little time we had left, so instead of taking the elevator we raced up the stairs, gasping out laughs and slowing down after getting to the fifth floor, out of breath laughing and I couldn't help but get reminded of that night on tour, so I stopped and turned around still smiling and he dropped the bags down and smiled at me. Stepping forward with a playful grin on his face, John cupped my face in his hands. I looked into his eyes and realized two things, first of all, his eyes were an amazing color and second, I couldn't even imagine having this kind of connection or moment with anyone else.

But then I closed my eyes and our lips met, gently and he smiled a little bit, I could feel the pull on his lips and I opened my eyes. No one would ever hear about this moment, I would never go out and tell anyone and I don't think people had seen it, but it meant so much, maybe too much to me. I lightly traced my fingers on his cheek and smiled trying to soak everything in.

"Come on Ev we have to get to the office soon," John said ripping us back into reality and my nerves betrayed me, creating a rinse cycle in my stomach. Once we got to our room, I pulled out a tight, form-fitting black dress and black pumps rushing around while John investigated the mini-fridge situation and watched cartoons on TV. I smiled watching him smirk to the little jokes we found hilarious as children. I rushed to the bathroom trying to put on minimal makeup that still made me look like I was perfect. Finally, I nervously combed my fingers through my hair trying to straighten out little tangles.

John and I rode the elevator down this time and marched to our parking spot. I took out my iPhone and put in the address I pretty much had memorized at this point just wanting everything to be perfect. What seemed like forever but in clock time was ten minutes later we arrived at the agency and settled on valet parking this time. I confidently made my way to the elevator and got up to the third floor before my stomach was fluttering and my heart would probably leap out of my chest. John, for some metaphysical reason or another could tell and clutched on to my hand tighter, his thumb lightly tracing the back of my hand. I smiled at him, temporarily soothed.

"You've got this," he reassured me and I went to her secretary and checked in. I remember talking to her on the phone and setting up this appointment but she clearly didn't remember me. Finally we were allowed to go back and I saw Chanel smoking on the ledge of her window sill, attempting to woft the smoke out onto the open window when she saw us come in.

"Evangeline! Darling, so good to see you! And who is this handsome young man?" She asked, stealing one more drag before tossing her cigarette out the window. Probably not safe, but she probably didn't care.

"Chanel, this is John my boyfriend. John this is Chanel, my future boss," I smiled brightly trying to hide the horrors my mind had concocted of every situation that could possibly go wrong.

"Pleasure," Chanel said before ushering us to two black sleek chairs aligned to her glass desk. Everything was so futuristic here, it was eery, cool-looking, but completely eery. "So Evangeline Brock, this is your contract our lawyers have drawn up, if you want to have your lawyer go through it, that'd be fine, but why would you?" She laughed looking between us, who both fake laughs to seem in place. "So, I expect you to live in the apartment we rent for models, you'd have a roommate and rent and utilities would be paid for. Sessions vary by photographer and of course commercials pay well. We expect 10% commision which is better than you'll find anywhere else. You have to stay with us for two years, unless we choose to drop you and I think that is all," She said before clicking a pen and passing it to me. I bit my lip looking at the stack of papers with a load of arrow sticky notes with 'sign here' written on them.

"Alright," I said signing each one until I got to the very last page and my hand was about to fall off. I stopped before dating it and looked at John who seemed preoccupied and then dated it. "Done," I smiled shyly before handing the pen back.

"Ah congratulations darling! You are the newest IMG model! After your first shoot we'll have a marvelous party and everything will be dashing. Now Caroline will set you up with your apartment and dispense your cell phone number to everyone of importance. I will let you know when your first shoot is so please, please stay in that apartment, dear. Or at least in the greater Los Angeles area, alright! Cheers darling!" She rushed us out her office handing me a folder full of papers and John looking around very confused.

"Alright Miss Brock?" Caroline asked stapling a packet of papers and digging around drawers for something before popping up with a pair of keys and laying them on top. "This is everything you need to know, this is your address and I have your cell number, feel free to call if you have any questions," Caroline smiled a relatively fake smile, but still.

"Thank you," I said taking all the papers and slipping the keys into John's pockets. I struggled to hold everything and once the elevator doors closed it felt like I could finally breathe.

"So, uh, what just happened?" John asked laughing a little flipping through the corners of my papers before I smacked his hand away lightly.

"Your girlfriend is a certified model with a contract and everything," I gushed smiling and leaning over while John's hand went on my lower back guiding me into him. He laughed a little like he was please with that information and then kissed me lightly. "I wonder what the apartment is like," I asked once seeing a real estate flyer Caroline had given me for the address.

"What apartment?" John asked looking at me, clearly showing that he had not been listening at all. I looked down into the lobby through the glass elevator and I rolled my eyes lightly.

"The apartment I get to live in since I got a contract and have to stay put, you know for modeling?" I said condescendingly. John paid the valet and was about to start the car when he stopped and looked at me like he had just gotten struck with lightning.

"So you're moving to California?"
♠ ♠ ♠
comments pleasee?
promise i'll update more :)